Rafael Addison video... | Syracusefan.com

Rafael Addison video...

Back at that time you were lucky to see many of the games on TV. You would see a game or two on CBS or NBC and then catch one or 2 on ESPN. But you could not watch any game in which Raf played without hearing both his name and "smooth as silk" in the same sentence.

Raf is one of my all time favorite SU players, IMO he shot the ball better than CJ, had a better handle and was a better passer than CJ. CJ is a better defender and rebounder though. I'm not making this statement based on stats, just the way I remember the two players...

He was a senior when i was a freshman. I loved Raf and Alexis and Pearl. I feel so fortunate to have begun my 'fandom' with those guys.

Nice find. Now there's a guy who knew how to use the glass. One of my all-time favorites.

before my time but reminds me alittle of soph/jr CJ.
One of those guys that would have benefited greatly with the 3 point shot that went into effect shortly after his college career ended, Raf was a smart player who did everything well, especially score. He is arguably the most unappreciated player of the JB era.

Played hurt most of his senior season, and while he was still good, he wasn't nearly the player he was capable of being.

That relatively poor finish to his career affected the way he was perceived, which is a shame. If he had stayed healthy or had the 3 point circle been in place while he was here, he would have been a lock to break Dave Bing's all-time scoring record (albeit in 4 years instead of the 3 Bing was allowed to play).

orangefan13,

That was sweet! Hadn't seen it before.. Nice find! Wish I spoke German though...

Raf made the switch to shooting guard in his senior year. Wendell did not start until his senior year and he was still drafted, which was quite unheard of back then.

One of those guys that would have benefited greatly with the 3 point shot that went into effect shortly after his college career ended, Raf was a smart player who did everything well, especially score. He is arguably the most unappreciated player of the JB era.

Played hurt most of his senior season, and while he was still good, he wasn't nearly the player he was capable of being.

That relatively poor finish to his career affected the way he was perceived, which is a shame. If he had stayed healthy or had the 3 point circle been in place while he was here, he would have been a lock to break Dave Bing's all-time scoring record (albeit in 4 years instead of the 3 Bing was allowed to play).

Agreed--he was about 17 points short of breaking the record when we lost that disgusting game to David Robinson's Navy squad, as I recall.

Raf was the first Syracuse player I really loved as a kid. You could just tell watching him his freshman year that he was a special talent. My dad knew someone who rode on a plane next to Boeheim when he was coming back from a recruiting trip to see Raf when he was a HS player in NJ. Apparently, Boeheim gushed that Raf would be an NBA talent. He was right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom