Rafael Soriano is a bum | Syracusefan.com

Rafael Soriano is a bum

How do you feel about Scott Proctor?

He should file a class action lawsuit along with Tom Gordon against Joe Torre for arm abuse.

He should file a class action lawsuit along with Tom Gordon against Joe Torre for arm abuse.
Hopefully after today he will have some time on his hands to do just that. No way should he be a part of a divisional race unless he is pitching against the Yankees.

has more heart than soriano.
So does Cervelli. And Pena for that matter. Let him pitch mop up and not in situations where the game is on the line.

Bingo! Torre was a maniac burning out relievers arms.

As a Braves fan who has seen both Soriano and Proctor do some time in Atlanta, I was rather surprised when the Yankees offered such a huge deal to Soriano based on one really awesome year in Tampa. Soriano's always had big time stuff but he could be very volatile; his mental makeup mixed with New York should have sent up a red flag. This signing kind of reminded me of the kneejerk signing of Jaret Wright after a one year resurgence several years back. However, I also expect that at some point after this very rough season for him that he will return to being at the very least a high end setup man, perhaps even for NY if they don't end up moving him.

As for Proctor, he may have been useful years ago but he is finished, his fastball is flat and just begging to be crushed. I guess the Yanks took a flier on him recapturing some of his old magic, I wonder how much they actually saw him pitch this year.

As a Braves fan who has seen both Soriano and Proctor do some time in Atlanta, I was rather surprised when the Yankees offered such a huge deal to Soriano based on one really awesome year in Tampa. Soriano's always had big time stuff but he could be very volatile; his mental makeup mixed with New York should have sent up a red flag. This signing kind of reminded me of the kneejerk signing of Jaret Wright after a one year resurgence several years back. However, I also expect that at some point after this very rough season for him that he will return to being at the very least a high end setup man, perhaps even for NY if they don't end up moving him.

As for Proctor, he may have been useful years ago but he is finished, his fastball is flat and just begging to be crushed. I guess the Yanks took a flier on him recapturing some of his old magic, I wonder how much they actually saw him pitch this year.

Add AJ Burnett to the list of one-season wonders to get a huge overvalued contract

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom