Raftery... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Raftery...

I agree that he can do the humor thing a bit much during some games (and his "whiney" JB voice was old about 10 years ago), but the interplay between him and Bilas is still pretty great. and yeah, the Bilas-Raftery-McDonough team is easily the best college hoops broadcast on TV

Forget that, easily the best sports broadcast on tv.

I like Raft, I think Bilas is a cocky turd, and McDonough is an unabashed homer.

I'd prefer Verne and Raft and Eagle/Kellogg

I like Raft, I think Bilas is a cocky turd, and McDonough is an unabashed homer.

I'd prefer Verne and Raft and Eagle/Kellogg

I'd prefer Brent Musberger, Doug Gottlieb, and Dick Vitale - to start doing the Turkish Basketball League games.

I'm not gaining much knowledge from many color commentators. That trio entertains me while I'm being entertained. Its a great thing.

This!

I can't talk about this. I still long for Len Berman and Ron Perry.

raf's hotel minibar pics before and after
hotel_mini_bar_fridge_mb_4_.jpg

tm40g.jpg

Well obviously he had to drink the Newcastles, because that fridge door wouldn't close with those on the top. But I call BS - nobody could (should) ever lower themselves to a sixer of Buds after starting with Newcastles.

You can't fool me!

All color announcers should be as annoying as Rafftery
Got that right. Who would you prefer, Rafftery or Elmore, or Fraschilla or such. I'll take Rafftery any day. His tired quips better than the rest by a mile.

By the way Bilas just tweeted this "Bill Raftery, when told Sean McDonough lost his voice and couldn't work Big Monday: "Why? That makes him the perfect play-by-play guy!"

I've always loved Raftery but am I the only one that can't hear what he's saying half the time? Especially when the crowd gets loud. They need to turn up his mike or something.

I've always loved Raftery but am I the only one that can't hear what he's saying half the time? Especially when the crowd gets loud. They need to turn up his mike or something.
This.^^

Also, some of their back-and-forth is definitely of the "inside-baseball" variety, and goes over my head too often.