Rahme's post on the coach's show thread | Syracusefan.com

Rahme's post on the coach's show thread

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
i am surprised, unless i missed it, that nobody picked up on the post by rahme where he says based on what he knows, he would never hold marrone to his word 4 years ago. meaning someone must have done something real bad to marrone, or really pissed him off aside from the negative mail. that's a real shame and sounds like thats part of the reason why we are on the verge of losing him. too bad.

Its been discussed. I think its buried in one of the 10 page threads...

Its been discussed. I think its buried in one of the 10 page threads...
i apologize, do you mind giving cliff notes? i missed it, what the hell is he so pissed about!!?

i am surprised, unless i missed it, that nobody picked up on the post by rahme where he says based on what he knows, he would never hold marrone to his word 4 years ago. meaning someone must have done something real bad to marrone, or really pissed him off aside from the negative mail. that's a real shame and sounds like thats part of the reason why we are on the verge of losing him. too bad.

People need to understand, it's not one thing, it's a bunch of things that has made the job harder than it should be, not enjoyable, and not what was imagined.

It's not anyone thing, it's not a single letter, it's not just the lack of facilities, it's not just empty seats, it's not just message board insanity, it's not just recruiting, it's these and more.

Well, if you put it that way, it sounds like he stays in Syracuse only if he gets a big commitment from the university or no NFL offer.

People need to understand, it's not one thing, it's a bunch of things that has made the job harder than it should be, not enjoyable, and not what was imagined.

It's not anyone thing, it's not a single letter, it's not just the lack of facilities, it's not just empty seats, it's not just message board insanity, it's not just recruiting, it's these and more.
i just hope someone gets in his ear and tells him that the grass is not always greener. in buffalo, the grass is dead and covered in poop and poison ivy

stick it out a few more years then go be a color commentator

It isn't hard to understand it is more than one thing. I don't understand all the back and forth between everyone arguing when it is very likely each of them is somewhat correct. The elitist mentality from some on this board tends to be over the top sometimes.

This is exactly why I think it's insane that we're hitching our star to football money and bolting for the ACC. If you're not really into spending absolutely insane amounts of money on facilities and coaches (and for the record I'm completely fine with a school saying, 'f this, why do we need a dedicated basketball facility again? Is that really what our campus needs?'), then just get out of football or go patriot league or whatever and get the hoops team in the catholic hoops league.

Otherwise, sell your soul and spend money you don't have to cater to overgrown teenagers who compare football to war and teens who derive an inordinate amount of self-worth from running a 4.4 40-yard dash. I mean, yes that's very cynical but it's really the truth. I'd be somewhat surprised if we don't eventually become BC, to be perfectly honest.

This is exactly why I think it's insane that we're hitching our star to football money and bolting for the ACC. If you're not really into spending absolutely insane amounts of money on facilities and coaches (and for the record I'm completely fine with a school saying, 'f this, why do we need a dedicated basketball facility again? Is that really what our campus needs?'), then just get out of football or go patriot league or whatever and get the hoops team in the catholic hoops league.

Otherwise, sell your soul and spend money you don't have to cater to overgrown teenagers who compare football to war and teens who derive an inordinate amount of self-worth from running a 4.4 40-yard dash. I mean, yes that's very cynical but it's really the truth. I'd be somewhat surprised if we don't eventually become BC, to be perfectly honest.

I don't think anyone up there is looking for best in breed SEC/Big10 level infrastructure. I think they are just looking for improvements so they don't have to hide things and be negatively recruited against, up to date training and rehab facilities, and modest bumps in pay all around.

I don't think anyone up there is looking for best in breed SEC/Big10 level infrastructure. I think they are just looking for improvements so they don't have to hide things and be negatively recruited against, up to date training and rehab facilities, and modest bumps in pay all around.

all things that could easily be paid for by the giant checks coming in every year from espn

this post works much better if you read it aloud starting at a whisper and crescendoing to a scream. picture adam sandler saying "information i could've used yesterday!"

Millhouse is right.

Millhouse is right. What's going on in college football is insane! The so called conference realignment, the facility war, it's just crazy. Schools are selling there souls for football. Nothing matters right now except for money. There's no loyalty or decency left in the sport.

It's very likely that private schools like SU will be left behind because maybe they have the common sense to not get involved in this mess let's be honest it really is a mess.

It isn't hard to understand it is more than one thing. I don't understand all the back and forth between everyone arguing when it is very likely each of them is somewhat correct. The elitist mentality from some on this board tends to be over the top sometimes.
its sometimes hard by reading posts/emails and decipher what the meaning is, when i read dave's post it sounded like "what i know" meant there was a perticular incident or one thing that was pretty bad.. but i can see he may be saying it broadly, and it may be things we all know already, ie attendance, etc..

I disagree. We built a practice facility for hoops. How absurd is that? I'm thrilled we did it, don't get me wrong. But seriously -- a dedicated practice facility for basketball? That is the most frivolous use of money imaginable for a sport that is popular in cities across the world for the fact that it's incredibly cheap and all you need is a pair a sneakers, a ball and a hoop.

The facilities spending never stops and the coaching salary increases aren't stopping anytime soon either. You think agents aren't aware of the coin coming in? And if the NFL grabs DM and Chip Kelly after poaching Harbaugh and Schiano, etc., then it becomes a trend the Brian Kellys and Chris Petersons or whomever will be offered more money and have even more leverage in negotiations.

I think it's really naive to suggest that we're only talking -- at least big-picture wise -- about some modest salary bumps and minor facility facelift or two. This is the new economy of college sport and it's a tough pill to swallow.

Then he's going to have a ball in the NFL. Nothing but cotton candy, pony rides, and hugs from gentle fans.

its sometimes hard by reading posts/emails and decipher what the meaning is, when i read dave's post it sounded like "what i know" meant there was a perticular incident or one thing that was pretty bad.. but i can see he may be saying it broadly, and it may be things we all know already, ie attendance, etc..

I wouldn't be surprised if Marrone vented to him a bit off the record. That way it allows Rahme to get DM's point of view and he ever left there is someone to explain some of the displeasure.

Millhouse is right.
Millhouse is right. What's going on in college football is insane! The so called conference realignment, the facility war, it's just crazy. Schools are selling there souls for football. Nothing matters right now except for money. There's no loyalty or decency left in the sport.

It's very likely that private schools like SU will be left behind because maybe they have the common sense to not get involved in this mess let's be honest it really is a mess.

It could be exactly what SU does, especially if NC, NCS, Va, VT, Clemson and FSU bolt. A nice little private ACC conference with very good basketball and a blind squirrel finds nut type football programs...some might have good enough years to go to a decent bowl but will be left behind for a national title shot due to the new system being installed with the haves. Right now the range of what could happen to Syracuse sports is quite huge and makes for a lot of insecurity. The spending will NEVER stop to keep up with the Jones so it's either make some serious cash to cover those fancy bells and whistles or possibly be left behind.

i think we should shut the hoop team down for a couple of years. JB has his 900 smoke fueled wins for now, and his salary is huge as well as the budget.

cut the program, put all that $$ into football. then in a couple of years, restart the hoop program. if it is what everyone thinks it is, then it comes back just as strong.

plus that gives Hop a couple of years to run his own program so we can make sure he wont drive it into the ground anywho.

NO MORE HOOP!!

SYRACUSE IS A FOOTBALL SCHOOL!!!

Oh Lord

Reactions: CIL
i think we should shut the hoop team down for a couple of years. JB has his 900 smoke fueled wins for now, and his salary is huge as well as the budget.

cut the program, put all that $$ into football. then in a couple of years, restart the hoop program. if it is what everyone thinks it is, then it comes back just as strong.

plus that gives Hop a couple of years to run his own program so we can make sure he wont drive it into the ground anywho.

NO MORE HOOP!!

Oh Lord

I'm not a huge hoop fan but I'd venture a guess that the basketball team makes a nice little profit, especially since Boeheim never leaves the area until the big east starts.

Then he's going to have a ball in the NFL. Nothing but cotton candy, pony rides, and hugs from gentle fans.

What is so hard to understand, he expected a more positive environment going back to SU, he had a unique expectation about this particular job.

He knows the reality of coaching, and my guess he's figuring if I have to put up with the same crap here as anywhere else, if there is nothing all that special about this job, I might as well get paid for it at the highest level of the sport.

NO MORE HOOP!!

Oh Lord

I happen to look up what JB gets paid. Do you know how much? I get the as sarcasm in your post but as a side note to it

What is so hard to understand, he expected a more positive environment going back to SU, he had a unique expectation about this particular job.

He knows the reality of coaching, and my guess he's figuring if I have to put up with the same crap here as anywhere else, if there is nothing all that special about this job, I might as well get paid for it at the highest level of the sport.

Then he needs to ignore the vocal minority. If all of the negativity is really getting to him, then he needs to stop being so sensitive and block out the idiots. For f's sake, did he really expect absolutely everyone to do nothing but praise him after every loss? Some people are miserable, they're going to vent and even throw alums under the bus.

He needs understand that as a public figure, he's always going to encounter adverse reactions and displeasure. He has to ignore them and focus on the supporters. Unless he's one of those types that use doubters and haters as fuel for his fire like a Tom Brady or Michael Jordan. But it doesn't sound like he is, so he needs to learn to ignore it, or he'll never accomplish what he wants to in the coaching profession.

NO MORE HOOP!!

Oh Lord

Except Bball generates a profit. But I'm guessing you know that.

I'm not a huge hoop fan but I'd venture a guess that the basketball team makes a nice little profit, especially since Boeheim never leaves the area until the big east starts.
I think I read on here recently that hoops can fund the entire AD by itself, outside of football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom