Raining on the parade | Syracusefan.com

Raining on the parade

Nice that NBC Sports is employing such talented and esteemed writers.

Hmmm...not completely untrue...however lost a bit of credibility with me with this: The Georgetown blog Casual Hoya compiled all of the legal issues involving Syracuse players ...

JB, if I am not mistaken, has at least inferred (if not said) he treats his players like NBA/professional players. Any off court issues are handled in house without it being public, if required/handled at all. Basically he treats them like men and not kids. If they make mistakes, then they need to deal with it and deal with any consequences.

great stuff, but if you dont bother to review whats happened at other big time schools over the same period of time then why bother.

This article implies that every person who played for Boeheim and became a successful contributor to society did so in spite of, and not because of, Coach's guidance. What an utter piece of trash this is.

The author wrote another article complaining bitterly about the temperature in the Dome for the Detroit practice on Sunday.

Noce fact checking Rob. News flash: the temperature shown on that board is the outside temperature. Next time, ask your mom to call the Carrier Dome and get her to fact check.

The author wrote another article complaining bitterly about the temperature in the Dome for the Detroit practice on Sunday.

Noce fact checking Rob. News flash: the temperature shown on that board is the outside temperature. Next time, ask your mom to call the Carrier Dome and get her to fact check.
Beat me to it. Here's a link to the article for those who missed the other thread on it.
http://m.nbcsports.com/content/syracuse-mastering-art-gamesmenship

Well the author has all the journalistic credentials - Vassar graduate in Economics, lives in the DC area been a bartender for over 5 years at Tonic at Quigley's Pharmacy. He's also trolls Georgetown's fan blogs for info. Guy is obviously a journalistic giant. Who needs to fact check when your sources are so solid?

oh boy, what a surprise, huh Dash?

Like I've said we're no better or worse than the other college powers in that if someone took the time to detail those type things on every program they'd have similar findings, so I will defend us for that. The only thing that might be different is how these things are handled after the fact, and a little of this below maybe could have avoided this above (this article):

http://syracusefan.com/threads/so-w...rom-the-mcw-incident.39098/page-3#post-451480

I wasn't too happy reading the backhanded complimentary article written by CNNSI's Rosenburg [referenced by this dimwit].

I don't think it is nearly as black and white as these articles portray--he wins, but he wins by letting his players run amok, and he makes no apologies for that...

wow pretty bad job on the temperature thing. Any chance he retracts?

Hoyas are funny. Here are some real top notch citizens:

Victor Page
Allen Iverson
Michael Graham

Throw in the fact that Ewing and Reggie Williams couldnt even speak the english language their freshman year.

Comical.

F Georgetown

wow pretty bad job on the temperature thing. Any chance he retracts?

You have to be a complete moron to not know that was an outdoor thermometer. I wouldnt admit it if I was him. Just makes him look more like an idiot.

Using Casual Hoya as a source for a Syracuse article would be like using Marsh as a source for a UConn article. :p

Yea, casual hoya is a joke, but its hard to dispute his timeline and actually pretty sobering.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was integrally involved in the Conrad McRae melee in 1992 (scroll down). We were outside of Harry's late night and dismantled a few local undesirables that were giving our lady friends a hard time. It eventually turned into a sad racial incident.. Cops were totally inappropriate and athletes were targets. Sure miss the big fellow.

Yea, casual hoya is a joke, but its hard to dispute his timeline and actually pretty sobering.

The thing is you could do the same list for pretty much every school so I dont see his point. Christ without even trying I thought of about 5 things to put on the Georgetown list in like 30 seconds.

Boy, if the Casual Hoya only focused on their "esteemed" basketball alumni and what Big John allowed to happen under his watch. I don't recall any former SU players threatening people ninja-style.

Jeff Goodman had to throw water on the story too. The thing people miss is that JB has never claimed himself to be a saint. I guess only us locals and older, wiser SU grads who have been here through his entire tenure get that.

The press trashed Bobby Knight when he passed the "saintly" Dean Smith. If only these nimrods knew what good JB did for his players after they left campus. I doubt many coaches out there could hold a candle to him in that regard.

That's an impressive list, no doubt and not good.

Of course, AI could probably beat it all by himself.

I don't think it is nearly as black and white as these articles portray--he wins, but he wins by letting his players run amok, and he makes no apologies for that...

certainly very few things in life are that black and white. As has been said in this, and other threads, he basically seems to treat the program like an NBA team; he's not the father of the players and he gives them a lot of leeway to do their own thing (which, when you are talking about 20 year old guys, frequently results in the wrong thing being done). And I respect that, because he isn't their father and they are their own people and they should have the freedom to do things, even if some of them are stupid. I guess I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. There are definitely times I wish there was seemingly a little more discipline in the program, but at the same time, I can't tell you what is going on behind closed doors at practice.

Just curious.. when we beat Georgetown by 20 or make it to the elite 8, we don't say, "Well...Duke also did this, so lets not go crazy."

But whenever something negative is brought up..we get so defensive. "Well, so and so also did this...this stuff happens everywhere."

JB is not perfect... it's ok to admit!

Nice that NBC Sports is employing such talented and esteemed writers.

I stopped reading once I saw the obligatory Syracuse snow reference in the first paragraph. Did I miss anything good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom