Rak is very frustrating to watch | Syracusefan.com

Rak is very frustrating to watch

Marsh01

Living Legend
Not going to flame on the kid. Just dont know what to expect out of him. This game was tailor made for him to have a good game and he really did nothing. Starting to think that this is what he will be for his career here.

I remember being really unimpressed with Rak in high school. He's done nothing to change that perception. He looks lost most of the time.

Yes. He is who he is. Nothing is going to change. People just need to accept it. This whole "RAK JUST NEEDS FIRE" is overused.

Giffey and Olander were throwing down on our frontcourt.

That blown dunk would have gotten us to within 4... Would have been able to play differently those last 3 mins

When your soft and lazy, you are pretty bad. If you have to coach playing hard, you're going to lose. You can't change players with no motor. You're kidding if you think you can.

He has the physique to be special and the athleticism, but it just isn't there with him.

Not going to flame on the kid. Just dont know what to expect out of him. This game was tailor made for him to have a good game and he really did nothing. Starting to think that this is what he will be for his career here.

I'm really beginning to wonder if the tough love approach has simply backfired with Rak. He looks visibly hostile/angry to me when he gets the hook. You have to motivate/challenge different people differently. The very worse thing you can do with some people is to tear them a new one, they just shut down. I just wonder if he's kind of given up.

I remember being really unimpressed with Rak in high school. He's done nothing to change that perception. He looks lost most of the time.
Typical media guy, lol.

I had once speculated that he would end up somewhere between Warrick and Roberts. Looking more like the latter thus far.

Unfortunately we have a few players like that. Guys who can be and sometimes are very very good and sometimes very very poor. Inconsistency is something that is hard to consistently overcome.

I had once speculated that he would end up somewhere between Warrick and Roberts. Looking more like the latter thus far.

I would KILL for him to be TRob at this point. Closer to Celuck right now...

Unfortunately we have a few players like that. Guys who can be and sometimes are very very good and sometimes very very poor. Inconsistency is something that is hard to consistently overcome.

Its not that he is even inconsistent. You have to be sometimes consistent to be inconsistent. He just exists out there for some reason. I just dont get it.

I would KILL for him to be TRob at this point. Closer to Celuck right now...

Until he is made to run around the quad to practice "running technique" he can't be Celuck.

Not just Rak - but a lot of big guys ... How can they not develop at least one close to the hoop go to move? A drop step, a baby hook. Something.

Not just Rak - but a lot of big guys ... How can they not develop at least one close to the hoop go to move? A drop step, a baby hook. Something.

I hate to say it because I really like our coaching staff, but could our coaching change a little ways into last season have stunted the growth of our interior players?

And What was Keita doing trying a layup from a foot away. You are 6-10 dunk the ball!

boeheim recruits players to play the zone defense first and foremost,not raks fault here.Boeheim has it set in stone that offense will always come to a player,but not zone defense

I had Rak penciled in for a double double tonight against that frontline. He's not Jerome Lane, not even Bill Celuck. Lack of effort again. Rinse.Repeat.Rinse.Take a nap. Repeat.

The fact that he was McDonald's all american should be enought to let you know how bs that distinction can be.

the problem with rak is he is not very good at basketball.

Didn't read the entire thread but this entire team is frustrating to watch. Of course I am sure some people will blame Cooney for this loss. ;)

Rak has a laid back personality - great guy to be around but unlikely to ever have the killer instinct to be a dominant player.

If Rak had been any good, he'd go pro and SU could recruit a more serviceable player. We're going to live or die with Coleman and Christmas. They're here for a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom