Rakeem Christmas Comments About Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rakeem Christmas Comments About Syracuse

I don't know how much it's worth, but in the recent video interview posted of Xmas, he indicates he has been told he will be playing the 4 not the 5 at Syracuse.

I don't know how much it's worth, but in the recent video interview posted of Xmas, he indicates he has been told he will be playing the 4 not the 5 at Syracuse.
That makes the most sense... and the most likely place for him to start. With CJ at the 4 IMO results in a smaller team. Let Rak do his rebound thing and blocking at the 4 with Fab/BMK at the 5 and KJO-CJ at the 3. Against smaller teams CJ or Southerland can bak up Rak.

4 thoughts.

1.How much offense will Melo bring if he is elgible early? For a guy that averaged 5 mpg do we really want him pounding in the high post and drawing charges?

2.I doubt JB would rather go with a defensive starter to start the second half of games over a pounder like Fair or Southerland with a improved shot. Maybe IF they are a Near Defensive all american. Rock hasn't even shown to be a true 4 on offense nor a true 5 on defense in the high school all star games.

3. All three of our bigs lack the dribbling skills. I would say Melo may be the best of them. which pushes fair even more.

4. Keita is a glue guy he hustles. Hes sort of like Kristoff in some ways. People don't realize how much difference he made and how much more he could of without his arm injury.

4 thoughts.

1.How much offense will Melo bring if he is elgible early? For a guy that averaged 5 mpg do we really want him pounding in the high post and drawing charges?

2.I doubt JB would rather go with a defensive starter to start the second half of games over a pounder like Fair or Southerland with a improved shot. Maybe IF they are a Near Defensive all american. Rock hasn't even shown to be a true 4 on offense nor a true 5 on defense in the high school all star games.

3. All three of our bigs lack the dribbling skills. I would say Melo may be the best of them. which pushes fair even more.

4. Keita is a glue guy he hustles. Hes sort of like Kristoff in some ways. People don't realize how much difference he made and how much more he could of without his arm injury.

Some more thoughts:

If Melo and Keita play the same amount of minutes, does it matter who starts?
If Rak and Dirty play the same amount of minutes, does it matter who starts?

Would there be any strategy/advantage to bringing Melo off the bench to play vs. opposing teams bigs, or leaving that role for Keita?