Rakeem oljuwon! | Syracusefan.com

Rakeem oljuwon!

btw, i'm the one who lit the fire under rak's arse
well no, but someone did

He really is the most advanced 5, offensively, we've had in a loooong time.

And yes, he's a 5. He's got 4 size, but he's CLEARLY more comfortable at the 5 spot.

He really is the most advanced 5, offensively, we've had in a loooong time.

And yes, he's a 5. He's got 4 size, but he's CLEARLY more comfortable at the 5 spot.

sarcasm? because onuaku was more advanced offensively.

sarcasm? because onuaku was more advanced offensively.
No, he wasn't. AO was great around the rim, but he was nowhere near as skilled, all around, as Rak is. AO never hit a jumper, and he was horrible at the free throw line. Rak can hit a 15 footer, he can score with either hand, and he can knock down free throws.

I loved and will always love AO, but Rak is more talented offensively, overall.

No, he wasn't. AO was great around the rim, but he was nowhere near as skilled, all around, as Rak is. AO never hit a jumper, and he was horrible at the free throw line. Rak can hit a 15 footer, he can score with either hand, and he can knock down free throws.

ok more talented as in higher potential. i can agree with that. i disagree w your original statement, however. i rather have a sr onuaku on offense than a sophomore rakim. dont forget onuaku shot nearly 70 percent and i imagine his ppg were much higher.

ok more talented as in higher potential. i can agree with that. i disagree w your original statement, however. i rather have a sr onuaku on offense than a sophomore rakim. dont forget onuaku shot nearly 70 percent and i imagine his ppg were much higher.

AOs 70% was due to 90% of his shots being less than 3 feet.

Senior versus sophomore is not the discussion, though. Imagine where Rak could be if he sticks around until his senior year. He's more skilled than AO.

ok, shaq was pretty good three feet and in as well... whats youre point.
Shaq wasn't particularly skilled offensively. If you're looking for pure offensive talent and not just sheer brute strength and size, I'd take Hakeem Olajuwon over Shaq every day of the week.

Shaq wasn't particularly skilled offensively. If you're looking for pure offensive talent and not just sheer brute strength and size, I'd take Hakeem Olajuwon over Shaq every day of the week.
Yeah but would you take Hakeem over Ditka is the question

We didn't give AO the ball enough.

We don't give Rak the ball enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom