Rakim Peters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rakim Peters

You're still up against the 85 max rule though and the only way that works is to have kids pay their own freight (maybe a possibility at a state school) or boot kids out before their eligibility is used up.

You're still up against the 85 max rule though and the only way that works is to have kids pay their own freight (maybe a possibility at a state school) or boot kids out before their eligibility is used up.

There are always the RS players who aren't offered a 5th year because they can't crack the 2 deep and other ways to get around this as in the example I gave earlier which I promised not to keep repeating. Don't get me wrong I am against abusing the system like every SEC school does and sign 30-35 players every year, I likr the fact that Cuse has always had more loyalty to it's student athletes than the factories do. Even when 20 something players that DM didn't want left it was reported that they could stay on the team and keep their schollies but they were told they didn't have the talent to play here which is far classier than just saying son your grant in aid will not be renewed next season because we got yhis new kid. I think my point really is that in a position of need there is no harm oversigning by 1 or 2 and utilize the loophole without abusing the loophole like the SEC does.

Ahh grey shirt T A&M just signed 32 yesterday

TAMU is in the SEC. NCAA rules do NOT apply to SEC schools. Therefore, TAMU has not broken any rules, because there are none, at least for them. Can't wait until UT makes hay of it or starts the same practice. Once it spreads, maybe the NCAA will do something about it. It is reprehensible to tell a kid he has a four year ride and then kick him off - and under - the bus.

TAMU is in the SEC. NCAA rules do NOT apply to SEC schools. Therefore, TAMU has not broken any rules, because there are none, at least for them. Can't wait until UT makes hay of it or starts the same practice. Once it spreads, maybe the NCAA will do something about it. It is reprehensible to tell a kid he has a four year ride and then kick him off - and under - the bus.

32 loi's is not against the rules.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

32 loi's is not against the rules.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

In the technical aspect, I agree with you. However, it leads to gray shirting and to the rescinding of scholarships for players not expected to succeed. It is outside the intent of the rules, too. I hope Syracuse does not add the practice of over signing and taking back scholarships.

In the technical aspect, I agree with you. However, it leads to gray shirting and to the rescinding of scholarships for players not expected to succeed. It is outside the intent of the rules, too. I hope Syracuse does not add the practice of over signing and taking back scholarships.

or knowing thqat some of those 32 will not qualify but it is showing good faith in hopes down the road, you get him to commit again. P used to do that often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom