Random Question | Syracusefan.com

Random Question

General20

Basketball Maven
Is Syracuse planning on retiring any jerseys this year? Seems like there are quite a few people who still need to be honored.

Off the top of my head:

Orr
Bouie
Moten
Wallace

I would add others, but surely those four should be retired soon without any argument.

Is Syracuse planning on retiring any jerseys this year? Seems like there are quite a few people who still need to be honored.

Off the top of my head:

Orr
Bouie
Moten
Wallace

I would add others, but surely those four should be retired soon without any argument.

While we are on the topic, can SU update the retired jerseys? They look like super low budget cardboard cut outs.

Moten and Jdubs are reasons 1 and 2 that I became addicted to Syracuse sports.

Would love to see their jerseys up.

Off the top of my head:

Orr
Bouie
Moten
Wallace

Bouie and Orr were JB's cornerstones and are long overdue for this honor.

I'm too young to remember him, but does anybody know why Rudy Hackett's jersey is not retired?

The guy averaged 22 & 13 on a team he took to the final four. Those numbers are better than Anthony's and his surrounding talent was not as good. From the numbers alone it seems like he's a no-brainer.

Off the top of my head:

Orr
Bouie
Moten
Wallace

Agree, deserving, but they have already been bypassed a couple of times. What has changed? Maybe they are only looking from Carmelo onward.

I don't like retiring any jersey. Hang them in honor for sure and many deserving need to be done but with a program like ours you'd run out of numbers and all our teams would have guys wearing strange numbers.

I don't like retiring any jersey. Hang them in honor for sure and many deserving need to be done but with a program like ours you'd run out of numbers and all our teams would have guys wearing strange numbers.

We retire "jerseys", not "numbers".

Triche wore #20, and Nolan Hart currently has #4.

I don't believe we actually retire the numbers.

Agree, deserving, but they have already been bypassed a couple of times. What has changed? Maybe they are only looking from Carmelo onward.

That means John Wallace does not get honored? No chance. His senior year was the best any player has ever had under Boeheim.

My guess is Melo got bumped up the list because he made a HUGE donation to the university. Schools usually find a way to put your name on things when you give them big money.

That's what is being done now; a player's jersey is "retired" but not the number.

Orr is currently coaching at Bowling Green. Hard to get him here on a weekend.

Everyone will get honored at some point. It's all a question of availability.