Random thoughts flying back home | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Random thoughts flying back home

I actually didn't think the beach bungalows were too unreasonable. $1,100 a piece, we got two. Fit 24 folks. We had it for 7 hours. Came out to ~$91 each. that's like $13/hr/pp for shade, couches, complimentary sodas and water, two big screen tvs. Plus it was a good meeting spot for many others to come hang out with the group.

I would have preferred a Stadium Swim style pricing tho, where instead of a rental fee, they have a food/drink minimum. I think a similar style bungalow at Stadium Swim was around $2,500/ea minumum spend, or ~$208/pp. I $100 could have ate and drank $200 worth of food and booze in that amount of time.

I actually didn't think the beach bungalows were too unreasonable. $1,100 a piece, we got two. Fit 24 folks. We had it for 7 hours. Came out to ~$91 each. that's like $13/hr/pp for shade, couches, complimentary sodas and water, two big screen tvs. Plus it was a good meeting spot for many others to come hang out with the group.

I would have preferred a Stadium Swim style pricing tho, where instead of a rental fee, they have a food/drink minimum. I think a similar style bungalow at Stadium Swim was around $2,500/ea minumum spend, or ~$208/pp. I $100 could have ate and drank $200 worth of food and booze in that amount of time.
The bungalow was great for those of us staying at Mandalay Bay because we could go back and forth to our rooms without fear of losing the prime location and shade. Totally reasonable price of a full day. Thanks for organizing that!

The bungalow was great for those of us staying at Mandalay Bay because we could go back and forth to our rooms without fear of losing the prime location and shade. Totally reasonable price of a full day. Thanks for organizing that!
Was also great for the non Mandalay Bay folks. They gave me at least 10 pool wristbands to hand out to folks who were staying off property.

JeremyCuse's Azilo ultra pool rec was a perfect middle ground with TVs between Stadium Swim and Mandalay.

4 big pitchers of Mai Tails and 2 orders of food were $200 and this came with shade pool and TVs. (I consumed 90% of this vs 10% for the wife lol.)

The NFL hours were the one downside. 10a-530pm no exceptions. Missing the start of 9am and then booted at 530 really messed up the first slate of games and the third. Had to go see that terrible Joker movie to kill time before the flight was too out of it really to do anything but sit in a theater and that worked out was at McCarron just under 2 hours before departure.

After winning big on our game I kind of regret not spending the $500 on a daybed for 2 I could have sat at for 12 hours.

See you at Stadium Swim March 1 @ 9am for our game at Virginia Tech? I have a trade show that Monday/Tuesday.

JeremyCuse's Azilo ultra pool rec was a perfect middle ground with TVs between Stadium Swim and Mandalay.

4 big pitchers of Mai Tails and 2 orders of food were $200 and this came with shade pool and TVs. (I consumed 90% of this vs 10% for the wife lol.)

The NFL hours were the one downside. 10a-530pm no exceptions. Missing the start of 9am and then booted at 530 really messed up the first slate of games and the third. Had to go see that terrible Joker movie to kill time before the flight was too out of it really to do anything but sit in a theater and that worked out was at McCarron just under 2 hours before departure.

After winning big on our game I kind of regret not spending the $500 on a daybed for 2 I could have sat at for 12 hours.

See you at Stadium Swim March 1 @ 9am for our game at Virginia Tech? I have a trade show that Monday/Tuesday.
Bro if you keep reminding me, and I'm in town during that time, I'm 100% in.

Going back to the burger discussion. Go bison and never look back.

Oh and by the way did anyone see the UNLV idiot that was walking around in, effectively the Syracuse lounge behind section C134 at half time, flipping all the Orange fans off? I mean it was like packed in there and about 90% Syracuse fans so he kinda stood out. Anyway my biggest regret of the whole weekend is that I tried to shoulder him very hard and whiffed :D . Every so often I see something like that and there's like this electrical disconnect in my body that gets triggered and I snap back into my CNY 22 year old self. Oh well, there's always next time.
I had a Pitt fan who was lipping off in the bathroom at Ta her stadium last year. It was in the fourth quarter and he was bad mouthing the Orange in a game Pitt was absolutely hot trash in.
I pointed such out very cordially and walked away. He said something derogatory as I did so. Recognizing he was drunk, I did the obvious thing to do. Obviously turned back around nudged him while he was at the urinal and laughed my a$$ off as he pissed all over himself. He was not a happy camper but also was no longer concerned about the game.

Chazz Palminteri GIF by Eric
Caesars used to be horrific back in the day. It was like Hotel California. Seemed like everything funneled to the Forum shops.

I can't remember if it was the first or second time that he threw his shirt, it landed perfectly a top some guy's head. He was good natured though and tossed it right back.
It was some elderly UNLV fans head and I immediately picked it off him and whistled it back up.that was round 1.

Going back to the burger discussion. Go bison and never look back.
Buckets sports bar in Soldotna has a great variety of game burgers.
We fit 2 Buffalo on a Kodiak Island hunt a few years back. The burger was amazing for use in everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom