Randy Edsall: Putting lipstick on a pig... | Syracusefan.com

Randy Edsall: Putting lipstick on a pig...

cto

Administrator
There's an old saying: "If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig." That's what I thought of when I read this interview with Randy Edsall today.

CTO -- please, in today's society and social climate, let's not insult pigs by comparing them to anything associated with uconn.

There's an old saying: "If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig." That's what I thought of when I read this interview with Randy Edsall today.
Sure, being able to watch them go 2-10 will really boost recruiting. :rolleyes:

You literally can't HURT their recruiting efforts - so he's not lying.

Yukon got production costs picked up and they should bet $250-300K off the contract.

They'll know their kickoff times well in advance.

Additionally, playing at P5 schools should yield them a total of 8-9 national games.

They did okay.

I wonder how much they agreed to pay CBS Sports Network to televise their games?

I wonder how much they agreed to pay CBS Sports Network to televise their games?
Pretty good review of the deal from a third party...

Pretty good review of the deal from a third party...

Somehow they negotiated to get paid $500,000/year for football tv rights... Wow did CBS Sports Network get fleeced.

Somehow they negotiated to get paid $500,000/year for football tv rights... Wow did CBS Sports Network get fleeced.
CBSSN lost AAC football and desperately needed more content. This was cheap and easy to do. I believe CBSSN now has Army, Navy and UConn rights. They are paying UConn a lot less than Army or Navy.

Good deal for both sides.

CBSSN is not NBC. But for a program like them (Umass and UTEP are their equals)that bad to get that deal they should be doing backflips. Of course they only got peanuts but UMass could offer to pay CBSSN 500k a year to show their games and be turned down.

Their hoops team will probably go from ACK basement to vying for 2 in the NBE automatically.

Didn’t they successfully snake their way out of paying Ollie too?

CBSSN lost AAC football and desperately needed more content. This was cheap and easy to do. I believe CBSSN now has Army, Navy and UConn rights. They are paying UConn a lot less than Army or Navy.

Good deal for both sides.
Do they still have the rights to Mountain West football?

Who's calling Sarah Palin a pig?!

Oh right, 2020.....sorry flashback

OIP.jpg