Rank Marrone's wins so far | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rank Marrone's wins so far

For me, it's 2009 against NW- thank you Mr. Lichtenstein.

That one got things started - the Robinson era was over.

That seems to be a forgotten game, but that's the first time I thought we had a chance to turn things around. It was a HUGE win, good call to include it.

For me, it's 2009 against NW- thank you Mr. Lichtenstein.

That one got things started - the Robinson era was over.

Then 2010 at USF- that's when we began to see a change in the trajectory of the program.

Then 2010 at WVU - a truly great win.

WVU last year along with Louisville, USF and Missouri this year. All great.

Those are my games.

Yeah, 2009 Northwestern has to be on the short list. Minnesota and Northwestern showed we could compete (but we didn't actually beat Minnesota).

Fun game, good night crowd, great Marrone win.

(Also, I watched with a small group of Syracuse fans at a Northwestern bar in D.C. They were gracious and were struck by how much better Syracuse was since the season-opener in Evanston the previous year. Memorable experience.)

if the top 25 was all based on the last 4-5 weeks we would have a shot. would love to be playing USC/nw again now

I agree completely. The WVU game was a great win, but the team fell on their faces after that. The Pinstripe Bowl is #2 in my book.

The win last night on the road clinched us 15 more practices. That cannot be overstated. This is huge for the development of our younger players. Billy Fuccillo HUGE.

And I would add it was a crucial win in terms of program momentum.

It silenced his detractors. Me being one of them. It opens up a whole new story line for this program.

We were at a fork in the road, and now we are on a path, to somewhere good.

The chest thumping cheer leaders could say we were not at a fork. I would disagree, given the possibility of closing the season out with two losses and no bowl.

What a difference Alec Lemon making those catches makes...