Rank our home games by your projected attendance thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rank our home games by your projected attendance thoughts

I would love to be wrong about this, but I just don't see that crowd being any higher than the mid 30s.

I get the logic / rationale, but I think you're underestimating the impact of the fanbase coming out to see the first game of a new coaching regime.

Being on Friday night might hurt attendance, though.

Might be a little unrealistic to expect 40-50 on Colgate simply because this is game 1 in Babers' system. Unless, of course, Colgate is even more pathetic than usual.
If we cannot expect to score 40-50 against an FCS, this is going to be a looooooong season.

Fsu Va tech Lville NCState USF Colgate Avg. 37.500. Remember, Syverud counts asses in seats, not tickets sold.

Edit: that was Coyle's policy - will be interesting to see how Wildhack counts people.

Fsu Va tech Lville NCState USF Colgate Avg. 37.500. Remember, Syverud counts asses in seats, not tickets sold.

Edit: that was Coyle's policy - will be interesting to see how Wildhack counts people.

How do the other members of the ACC count attendance? It would be nice to think that at least within a conference schools could be consistent (I know, I know...)

I think this is correct. The top three all around 45k. Think others are underestimating the Friday night UofL game. Colgate will be around 40k because of opener and excitement. The bottom three could be ugly if team struggles.
Exactly my reasoning behind the order.

If we cannot expect to score 40-50 against an FCS, this is going to be a looooooong season.
Might be a little unrealistic to expect 40-50 on Colgate simply because this is game 1 in Babers' system. Unless, of course, Colgate is even more pathetic than usual.
Where do you get the idea that Colgate is pathetic? They're ranked #21 in the FCS.
We scored 47 against Rhode Island, but they really were pathetic.
Colgate is capable of giving us a test.

Where do you get the idea that Colgate is pathetic? They're ranked #21 in the FCS.
People are mistaking them for the non-scholarship awarding program they used to be. Times have changed.

donniesyracuse said:
People are mistaking them for the non-scholarship awarding program they used to be. Times have changed.

No. It's simple - FBS > FCS.*

It's very very rare to see one rise up to beat a P5. "Pathetic" is probably a bit aggressive of a term. I'd go with outmatched.

* the obvious caveat that anyone can beat anyone if you don't prepare and give 100% vs your opponent, yadda, Villanova, yadda, yadda

So has our philosophy. Way I see this, FCS teams have less scholarship players than FBS teams. The whole concept of Dino's offense is to throw so much at you that you get tired and sloppy. They only have 63 scholarship players to subbing alot isn't exactly in their favor either. I think this game could be close early but they are worn down in a hot dome by the 2nd half and we take over.

No. It's simple - FBS > FCS.*

It's very very rare to see one rise up to beat a P5. "Pathetic" is probably a bit aggressive of a term. I'd go with outmatched.

* the obvious caveat that anyone can beat anyone if you don't prepare and give 100% vs your opponent, yadda, Villanova, yadda, yadda
I don't think he's talking about losing, just responding to the people that say it'll be a disappointment if we don't hang 50 on them. Combine higher level FCS team with first game in a new system and opening game jitters and nobody should be disappointed with a 35-20 game.

nd: obviously
vpi: we might be 5-1, should at least be 4-2
sfu: 1st Saturday aft game
fla st: come see the future pros
lulvil: could be higher
gate: about right
ncst: if season is going bad, & Clemson shellacs us, people will wait for the noles

I would bet that if they are #21 in the FCS that they technically in a D1 overall poll would be ranked higher than SU.

If we beat UL I think USF could potentially be a bigger attendance than FL St.

Happy to answer:
  1. Babers actually knows how to run an offense.
  2. Colgate being ranked #21 in FCS is great and all. I applaud them. But they are an FCS.
  3. Comparing this team with a new bus driver to those of years past is an effort in futility.
  4. If we're to expect this team to tire out teams in P5 conferences, then they damn sure will have Colgate gasping for air come halftime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom