Rank these "superstars" transgressions | Syracusefan.com

Rank these "superstars" transgressions

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm sure I might be leaving some people out (like Ray Lewis-but that's another story) but how bad are these guys. I'm going to rank them in the order that I think was worst to first and how I think this will affect their legacy.

1) Lance Armstrong lying about steroids
1A) Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Palmiero lying about steroids
2) Tiger Woods sexaholic
3) Te'o lying about a dead girlfriend
4) Mike Vick
5) Mike Tyson-sexual assault and biting Holyfield's ear

Clemens should be in there someplace. Not only did he lie, he went to court to prove he didn't lie.

Clemens should be in there someplace. Not only did he lie, he went to court to prove he didn't lie.
Well, he would be grouped in with Bonds, right?

1 is 1. He tried and was somewhat successful at ruining people who exposed him.
2. Mike tyson. He raped a girl and bit someone. He hurt other people.
3. roid abuse
4. Vick
5 Manti I have never seen a story like this
6 tiger doesn't matter to me in the least. Not a fan of his but what he does is his and his wife's business Now ex wife of course.

Tiger doesn't belong on that list. Yeah he was a douche, but he never did anything illegal.

Tiger doesn't belong on that list. Yeah he was a douche, but he never did anything illegal.
That's why I called it a transgression. Not necessarily illegal.

That's why I called it a transgression. Not necessarily illegal.
I don't care about what Tiger did. But isn't prostitution illegal? Just making too fine a point here, I know.

I believe clifton was ranking them based on how their respective transgressions affected their legacy.

I too believe crucifying Tiger was a joke, but it undoubtably had a negative affect on his legacy.

bounty gate was much worse than someone using steroids,they were looking to destroy and take out other players for a few bucks.

even throwing a baseball at 90+ mph to a batters head is deadly.

steroids is way down on the list for me,especially guys wearing spandex choking off their shrunken balls.

Tiger had two kids that were very hurt by his trangressions does that not count as a bigger deal?

well I would guess the worst sports trasngressions should include OJ simpsons from his wife to threatenting to kill a memorbilia collector.

In my eyes the funniest yet serious one was Tanya harding having her rival kneecapped

Pete Rose on betting

and the actual worst sports related was the blacksox scandal

well I would guess the worst sports trasngressions should include OJ simpsons from his wife to threatenting to kill a memorbilia collector.

In my eyes the funniest yet serious one was Tanya harding having her rival kneecapped

Pete Rose on betting

and the actual worst sports related was the blacksox scandal
Good stuff. Well not good . . . but you know what I mean . . . .

How is Vick so low? That dude legitimately killed a bunch of pooches. The distaste in my mouth still remains.

Should be:

1) OJ
2) Vick
3) Tyson
4) steroid users
5) te'o

Tiger did nothing wrong... Embarrassed himself more than anything else.

Tiger getting beat up by his wife has to knock him out of the top 10 (at least).

Should be:

1) OJ
2) Vick
3) Tyson
4) steroid users
5) te'o

Tiger did nothing wrong... Embarrassed himself more than anything else.
I hope your wife doesn't read the board if you have one and believe Tiger did nothing wrong...

I'm sure I might be leaving some people out (like Ray Lewis-but that's another story) but how bad are these guys. I'm going to rank them in the order that I think was worst to first and how I think this will affect their legacy.

1) Lance Armstrong lying about steroids
1A) Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Palmiero lying about steroids
2) Tiger Woods sexaholic
3) Te'o lying about a dead girlfriend
4) Mike Vick
5) Mike Tyson-sexual assault and biting Holyfield's ear

1. Tyson, easily
2. Vick
3. Steroids/Woods...can't say I've ever gotten worked up about either. Don't really care.

I honestly had no idea about the dead GF story until today, so I haven't really processed that one yet. I try to completely avoid ND, and I also don't care about their stupid inspirational Disney stories(real or fake), so I guess that's why I never knew about it!

Thinking Roethlisberger should get some consideration but if we can only choose your picks (hey it is your thread)

1: Vick (just evil)
2: Tyson (got a screw loose)
3: Anyone who cheated to advance their sporting career (Combining 1 and 1A)

Woods and Te'o show they have issues but dsn't take away from their performance. And no where as bad as Tyson.

I think the list needs to include the ever growing list of spousal abuse.

There is a very very very long list of steroids users why single out just the best?
Armstrong to me is up there due to his suing, threatening and destroying people who stood up against him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom