Ranking of top 20 Athletics Directors | Syracusefan.com

Ranking of top 20 Athletics Directors

Just going on Football/Basketball overachievement, I would take San Diego State's AD...

note number 11, ah what could have been!

wilhack hasn’t hired a major sport head coach so still time for him to climb up the charts
Boy, that is a sorry-@$$ list if you ask me.

Gene Smith in the No. 2 hole? I mean, I could hire a generational head coach in less than 30 minutes with his budget. Shocking, he did not do so well at Eastern Michigan, Iowa State or Arizona State.
And Miami's AD comes in at No. 17 for hiring Richt and Manny Diaz? Okie dokie?!? Well done?

In all honestly, I think there are likely about 10-15 good/quality ADs and the remainder either stink or it's too early to tell. Yes, the NCAA is flawed and antiquated in so many respects, but the lack of talent in the college AD ranks is near the top of college sports' ails. It is really pathetic.

We have one of the best, BTW, even with him not yet having the opportunity to make a hire in our revenue sports. Great leaders watch, observe and don't impetuously enact change simply for the sake of action. They take what they're given and ... (wait for it) work with it! Novel concept.
SU is thankfully in good shape for the next 4-6 years, if not longer.

Last edited: