Kansas (neutral)
@ Florida State
vs. NC State
vs. Notre Dame
@ Boston College
vs. St. Bonaventure
@ Wake Forest
@ Georgia Tech

So, no "What" losses, but at least 5 game we easily could have, and should have, won. The bottom two (Wake/GT) are going to haunt us these next 4 days.

@ Virginia
@ Duke
vs. Virginia
UNC (neutral)
vs. UNC
Kansas (neutral)
@ Florida State
vs. NC State
vs. Notre Dame
@ Boston College
vs. St. Bonaventure
@ Wake Forest
@ Georgia Tech

So, no "What" losses, but at least 5 game we easily could have, and should have, won. The bottom two (Wake/GT) are going to haunt us these next 4 days.
WF and GT are "what" losses. They are a combined 24-39

notre dame game was the worst loss of the year. at home without nd's 2 best players, and we were up double digits at half. 9-9 in acc was the magic # to get to, dont choke away that game and we're there. inexcusable loss

@ Virginia
@ Duke
vs. Virginia
UNC (neutral)
vs. UNC
Kansas (neutral)
@ Florida State
vs. NC State
vs. Notre Dame
@ Boston College
vs. St. Bonaventure
@ Wake Forest
@ Georgia Tech

The worst loss of the bunch was the home loss against ND with Colson and Farrell out of the lineup.

That’s a lot of losses...and the bottom two...woof

ND was easily our worst loss. Their best two players were out AND we were playing at home. Inexcusable. If we are a 9-9 ACC team with a tourney win we are dancing no questions asked. Shame that we let that one get away.

ND was easily our worst loss. Their best two players were out AND we were playing at home. Inexcusable. If we are a 9-9 ACC team with a tourney win we are dancing no questions asked. Shame that we let that one get away.

We win that game we draw Pitt and then Va Tech. Would have been in good shape. Now? We need everyone close to us to lose in their next game and even then... let’s face it, we are an NIT team

notre dame game was the worst loss of the year. at home without nd's 2 best players, and we were up double digits at half. 9-9 in acc was the magic # to get to, dont choke away that game and we're there. inexcusable loss

Yep and the next 7 games after beating us, ND lost them all. That loss was the killer.

We had 11 chances at quad 1 wins and only won 3. Oklahoma has 6 quad 1 wins. Any decent team would go 3-8 in quad 1 games -we were in the right circumstance. If we get in, it's because of OOC SOS; but even that is kind of a fudged number. Iona won their conference because the top 2 seeds lost; Buffalo is 32 in RPI; but our best OOC win outside of Buffalo is Maryland who I think is 73rd in RPI. We just did a good job of scheduling low mid majors who did well in their conference.

The metrics do like us, but I just don't see it. Clemson, @Miami, Buffalo, VaTech, @Louisville --- it's hard to imagine those 5 are enough to get us in.

We had 11 chances at quad 1 wins and only won 3. Oklahoma has 6 quad 1 wins. Any decent team would go 3-8 in quad 1 games -we were in the right circumstance. If we get in, it's because of OOC SOS; but even that is kind of a fudged number. Iona won their conference because the top 2 seeds lost; Buffalo is 32 in RPI; but our best OOC win outside of Buffalo is Maryland who I think is 73rd in RPI. We just did a good job of scheduling low mid majors who did well in their conference.

The metrics do like us, but I just don't see it. Clemson, @Miami, Buffalo, VaTech, @Louisville --- it's hard to imagine those 5 are enough to get us in.

yea our computer #s are the only reason i still think we got a shot. just looking at our schedule acc record and our good wins and bad losses it doesnt look ncaa worthy. but the metrics tell a different story, hopefully the committee looks at that.

yea our computer #s are the only reason i still think we got a shot. just looking at our schedule acc record and our good wins and bad losses it doesnt look ncaa worthy. but the metrics tell a different story, hopefully the committee looks at that.
We're the opposite of last year. We had 3 elite wins, but were 200+ in OOC SOS and got left out. This year, we have some solid wins, but nothing like last year - however our OOC RPI and SOS are both top 18.

My only optimism is - the reason they left us out last year, is the main reason we'd be included this year.

What Oklahoma State did this year is very similar to what we did last year. It'd be maddening if we got left out and OSU got included this year.

I hear you, but somebody posted that 6 of our losses are against top 6 RPI teams. Uva and unc x 2. Duke, KU. Not all quad 1 losses are the same. Not many teams beat those teams

I hear you, but somebody posted that 6 of our losses are against top 6 RPI teams. Uva and unc x 2. Duke, KU. Not all quad 1 losses are the same. Not many teams beat those teams
We went 0-6 vs. those teams. Arizona State beat Kansas and Xavier. Oklahoma State beat Kansas twice. Those are bubble teams. My point is 11 quad 1 games is a lot - hell BC has 2 quad 1 wins and they got 11 chances.

We went 0-6 vs. those teams. Arizona State beat Kansas and Xavier. Oklahoma State beat Kansas twice. Those are bubble teams. My point is 11 quad 1 games is a lot - hell BC has 2 quad 1 wins and they got 11 chances.

Yea plus we had uva and unc at home, 2 great chances for a marquee win. At the end of the day I just don’t think they did enough, and I’m not gonna complain if they don’t make it.

To be honest we seem like we have a better resume than a lot of those bubble teams I won’t hold my breath though

Yea plus we had uva and unc at home, 2 great chances for a marquee win. At the end of the day I just don’t think they did enough, and I’m not gonna complain if they don’t make it.
To be honest we seem like we have a better resume than a lot of those bubble teams I won’t hold my breath though

I'm with both of you. We had our chances. If they let us in, I get why - but if we don't get in, I can't argue it. Not only did we have several chances for that marquee win that we didn't come through on - we just had some bad losses that if we just won, we'd be in. You can't lose 3 games to Wake, BC and GaTech.

I'm with both of you. We had our chances. If they let us in, I get why - but if we don't get in, I can't argue it. Not only did we have several chances for that marquee win that we didn't come through on - we just had some bad losses that if we just won, we'd be in. You can't lose 3 games to Wake, BC and GaTech.

You also can’t lose to nc state at home in feb when you know you’re squarely on the bubble.

@ Virginia
@ Duke
vs. Virginia
UNC (neutral)
vs. UNC
Kansas (neutral)
@ Florida State
vs. NC State
vs. Notre Dame
@ Boston College
vs. St. Bonaventure
@ Wake Forest
@ Georgia Tech

I would put ND below of everything but Wake and GT. That loss was at home and they were missing their two best players

Battle dribbled the ball off his foot, led to an easy layup. Game over.

The problem is those teams you just mentioned are still very good teams and would be top three or four in the so called smaller leagues do you honestly think Gonzaga would be 30-4 every year? I’m just making a point that GT Wake forest there isn’t a lot separating these teams

The entire NCAA has lost my respect completely they failed when they didn’t give North Carolina any violations whatsoever and it’s not even talked about by the pundits. That is just one example of what’s wrong with college basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom