Ranking the 16 teams left | Syracusefan.com

Ranking the 16 teams left

Alsacs

Living Legend
If I were ranking the 16 teams based on talent, coaching, performance left after watching the entire season it would go.
Tier 1
1. Louisville
2. Florida
These teams have elite talent and elite coaching and are the favorites IMO.

Tier 2
3. Indiana elite talent/ mediocre coaching
4. Kansas above average talent/ elite coaching
5. Duke same as Kansas
6. Michigan above average talent/ above average coaching
7. Michigan State same as Kansas and Duke
8. Ohio State same as Michigan
9. Miami same as Michigan and Ohio State
10. Syracuse same as Kansas, Duke, Michigan State

Note: if Indiana didn't have Tom Crean and had a sane and normal coach I would put them in tier 1 All these teams have either elite talent/above-average coaching or above-average talent/ elite coaching. I think the champion comes from tier 1 or 2

Tier 3
11. Marquette
12. Arizona
13. Oregon
These teams can win it all if they get lucky and play well, but would be slightly shocking if they won it all.

Tier 4
14. Wichita State
15. LaSalle
16. Florida Gulf Coast
These are the Cinderellas who can win 1 or 2 more games, but aren't winning it all and will be stories for years to come.

Nice. I like it. I might shuffle around 6-8 with either OSU or MSU at 6-7 and Michigan at 8. I believe Matta is right there as an elite coach.

Alsacs, I think you are awfully high on Florida. I don't know how these teams can be ranked. A lot of these games are tossups including our game against Indiana. I do think Louisville is the best left, but after that it gets dicey. I would not be surprised at all to see FGCU beat Florida in the Sweet 16. They beat Miami and Georgetown already.

1) Louisville
2) Michigan
3) OSU
4) Duke
5) Florida
6) Miami
7) MSU
8) IU
9) Cuse
10) KU
11) Zona
12) Marquette
13) Oregon
14) LaSalle
15) FGCU
16) Wichita St

I have FGCU ahead of Lasalle and Wichita St for sure. Prob ahead of Oregon too.

Alsacs, I think you are awfully high on Florida. I don't know how these teams can be ranked. A lot of these games are tossups including our game against Indiana. I do think Louisville is the best left, but after that it gets dicey. I would not be surprised at all to see FGCU beat Florida in the Sweet 16. They beat Miami and Georgetown already.
I don't "like" Florida its just when I see their team they are perfect for this year's college basketball. They shoot the 3 well, they have a post player in Patric Young, Murphy is the perfect college 4 who can shoot the 3 well, and post-up and rebound, and they force a lot of turnovers and have a great coach in Billy Donovan. Florida has slept walk through the season because the SEC flat out sucks and no team except maybe @Kentucky can motivate this team, but they are uber scary and if they play decent they won't lose before the Final Four.

It wouldn't be SU Football without a daily injury. I get to write the 1st injury news on the new site:)

Kris Curtis out indefinitely:(
FGCU whooped Miami this year. They are the best team I have watched in the tournament.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

1) Louisville
2) Michigan
3) Cuse
4)MSU
5)Duke
6) FGCU
7)Miami
8) Indiana
9) Duke
10)Wichita St
11) KU
12) Marquette
13)OSU
14)Oregon
15)Zona
16)Kentucky (pity placement)
17)LaSalle

Florida #2? thats batshitcrazy.
Explain how its batshitcrazy? They have 3 good college guards, a great college 4, and a post-player to play inside out and get open 3 pt looks, and they have 3 decent bench players when they get foul trouble. They cause a lot of turnovers with their press. Florida is very Louisville like expect Florida has had no motivation to play because their conference is flat out boring.

But how does FGCU beat miami/gtown get smoked by duke and lose so many games by 10+ to teams that were so bad? All I got from watching them play is that they are athletic and undisciplined and can run teams when given the chance. Multiple losses to teams under .500. they didnt win their conf. and had multiple big losses. Strange season.

Explain how its batshitcrazy? They have 3 good college guards, a great college 4, and a post-player to play inside out and get open 3 pt looks, and they have 3 decent bench players when they get foul trouble. They cause a lot of turnovers with their press. Florida is very Louisville like expect Florida has had no motivation to play because their conference is flat out boring.
They are motherchuckers. They play in the Sec so they were sharpening their teeth on white bread. Kentucky embarrassed them without Noel and ole miss nutpunched them too. They have not fooled me, they are junk. Hoping fgcu can expose them, but the gators tourny so far has been very easy.

1) Louisville
2) Michigan
3) Cuse
4)MSU
5)Duke
6) FGCU
7)Miami
8) Indiana
9) Duke
10)Wichita St
11) KU
12) Marquette
13)OSU
14)Oregon
15)Zona
16)Kentucky (pity placement)
17) Ducks

I was gonna write "Oopsie...Two Cuse and no Florida" but you now have Two Duke and still no Florida...

LOL. I am an imperfect predictor. I think Florida will crap out. Put them above Indiana.

-- em.

Maybe it was a Freudian slip. ;-)

No way, considering their role in Louisville sports this past year, I should put them as my most desirable foe. :) But I am a hard-headed realist too. It is my burden.

Tourney Odds (3-1, 8-1, etc)
Louisville 3-1
Indiana 9-2
Florida 5-1
Miami 7-1

Duke 8-1
Ohio State 8-1
Kansas 12-1
Michigan State 12-1
Michigan 12-1
Syracuse 12-1
Arizona 25-1
Marquette 50-1
Oregon 60-1
Wichita State 30-1
LaSalle 75-1
Florida Gulf Coast 100-1

But how does FGCU beat miami/gtown get smoked by duke and lose so many games by 10+ to teams that were so bad? All I got from watching them play is that they are athletic and undisciplined and can run teams when given the chance. Multiple losses to teams under .500. they didnt win their conf. and had multiple big losses. Strange season.

duke went on a 30-0 run on each side of the half.

Tourney Odds (3-1, 8-1, etc)
Louisville 3-1
Indiana 9-2
Florida 5-1
Miami 7-1
Duke 8-1
Ohio State 8-1
Kansas 12-1
Michigan State 12-1
Michigan 12-1
Syracuse 12-1
Arizona 25-1
Marquette 50-1
Oregon 60-1
Wichita State 30-1
LaSalle 75-1
Florida Gulf Coast 100-1
Thank you for these odds, it makes me see that Vegas hasn't factored in Tom Crean. If Indiana had any non-madman on the sidelines they would have been number 2 in my rankings, but Crean's presence dogs them in my opinion.

They are motherchuckers. They play in the Sec so they were sharpening their teeth on white bread. Kentucky embarrassed them without Noel and ole miss nutpunched them too. They have not fooled me, they are junk. Hoping fgcu can expose them, but the gators tourny so far has been very easy.

They did beat Marquette 82-49.

Florida did a good job yesterday against a frisky Minnesota team I wouldn't have wanted to play. I have no agenda and try to be objective when I ranked the teams. Florida isn't a dominant team obviously, but they are a good team that has all the ingredients to make a deep run in March. They can score, defend, force turnovers, shoot the 3, and have a post-presence. Did they look great during the season? No, because the SEC is trash, and if Florida has 1 weakness it is that they don't play well in tight games, but they are going to smoke FGCU and if they play Kansas will have an easy walk to Atlanta, but if they play Michigan they could be in trouble because Michigan has the horses to play with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom