Ranking the ACC (Most hated to least hated) | Syracusefan.com

Ranking the ACC (Most hated to least hated)

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
1. Pittsburgh
2. Duke/Louisville
3. Notre Dame
4. NC St.
5. Boston College
6. UNC
7. Georgia Tech
8. Virginia
9. Clemson
10. VTech
11. FSU
12. Wake

Who do you hate? Who do you nothing? Who don't you mind?

I don't hate anyone. It is one of the ugliest words in the English language. It is responsible for most of the trouble in the world today. Just listen to that great 20th century philosopher Tom Lehrer.

I don't hate anyone. It is one of the ugliest words in the English language. It is responsible for most of the trouble in the world today. If I ruled the world, I would ban the word.

Sorry for using a word you do not like, I didn't think it was a big deal. You're a mod you can change it to "strongly don't love" or something else if you'd like. Otherwise, again sorry.

I found nothing wrong with the word. Can't say I'd ban negative speech if I ruled the world, half the posters on this forum would be forced into silence after games like the Gtech one.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Duke/Louisville
3. Notre Dame
4. NC St.
5. Boston College
6. UNC
7. Georgia Tech
8. Virginia
9. Clemson
10. VTech
11. FSU
12. Wake

Who do you hate? Who do you nothing? Who don't you mind?

since there isn't anything to post about right now i'd like to know why you ranked VTech ahead of Wake? please give me 3 reasons. this is a pointless thread considering half the teams on here no one gives a about.

since there isn't anything to post about right now i'd like to know why you ranked VTech ahead of Wake? please give me 3 reasons. this is a pointless thread considering half the teams on here no one gives a . . . . about.

Simply because judging by the fans I've encountered from both bases, Tech fans seem to hold the more of the southern tobacco road animosity towards Syracuse and Northern ACC teams. That annoys me and I enjoy beating them.

Wake is harmless. Reminds me of like Providence, can't really hate them they used to be good but now they're just there.

Hatred takes way to much energy and effort for me. That being said I would guess 90% of the time when people use the word they don't mean it per the definition.

Hatred takes way to much energy and effort for me. That being said I would guess 90% of the time when people use the word they don't mean it per the definition.
When I say I hate Pittsburgh. I mean i strongly, strongly, strongly dislike Jamie Dixon and wish their program nothing but failure.

Is that so wrong? ;)

When I say I hate Pittsburgh. I mean i strongly, strongly, strongly dislike Jamie Dixon and wish their program nothing but failure.

Is that so wrong? ;)

Of course not! And it buffers my point that you didnt mean it strictly by the definition.

Actively hate: Pitt, Duke, Louisville
Annoying: UNC, Notre Dame, BC, NC St.
Mildly annoying: UVA, GT
Don't Care: VT, Miami, FSU, Clemson
Always had a soft spot and kind of rooted for as a kid: Wake

Been an ACC fan for 35 years, and you just don't find that many opposing fans who "hate" Wake. It's weird, guess they're the unofficial "underdog" of the conference and their fans aren't that annoying.

Been an ACC fan for 35 years, and you just don't find that many opposing fans who "hate" Wake. It's weird, guess they're the unofficial "underdog" of the conference and their fans aren't that annoying.
Plus they had an SU alum doing their games for some years.

I've always liked Wake. It was one of the few schools I ever considered attending other than Syracuse. This was largely due to the fact that I loved Robert O'Kelley, who I saw play at the AAU Nationals when he was like 14 (my brother was in the tournament, I was 12), so when he wound up at Wake I started rooting for them on the side.

Wake played a cool style of basketball in the early '90s and I always rooted for them. Randolph Childress was awesome.

Pittsburgh and Dixon disgust me. I do not like Notre Dame or Virginia Tech. Other than that, I don't care about most of the league.

Sorry...but I can't generate much emotion for any of the pre-existing ACC schools.
Yes, I want to win the conference.
Duke and UNC are the traditional top dogs and I want to beat them.
But the juices don't get going much unless it's Louisiville, Pitt and ND.
And most of all...I LOOOOOAAAATHE G-town and can't wait until we get them again.

Nothing against the old ACC.
I just can't hate you.

Sorry...but I can't generate much emotion for any of the pre-existing ACC schools.
Yes, I want to win the conference.
Duke and UNC are the traditional top dogs and I want to beat them.
But the juices don't get going much unless it's Louisiville, Pitt and ND.
And most of all...I LOOOOOAAAATHE G-town and can't wait until we get them again.

Nothing against the old ACC.
I just can't hate you.
I would throw Virginia Tech into the same group as Pitt. I still have plenty of loathing for them left over from the old Big East. Boston College to a lesser degree. Miami...meh. I don't really care either way about them these days.

I used to loathe Duke but that has been tempered. There really isn't a team I loathe in the ACC. I don't like Pitt in hoops (Dixon) but ND and Louisville don't bother me. Pitt would probably be #1.

Wake played a cool style of basketball in the early '90s and I always rooted for them. Randolph Childress was awesome.

Pittsburgh and Dixon disgust me. I do not like Notre Dame or Virginia Tech. Other than that, I don't care about most of the league.

"Come on! Get up! I'll wait for you."

Hard to "dislike" any of these teams. I just don't care...even pitt has returned to some semblance of mediocrity, which makes them difficult to "dislike."

i loathe Pitt, Duke, L'Ville, Clemson, and now NC St because of Mark Gottfried...the rest i could really care less about

1. Georgetown
2. UCONN

OH, you asked about ACC...but no thread like this should ever exist without GT and UCONN at the top.

Then...I don't really have anyone in the ACC I can't stand. In fact, a lot of respect for most (with the exception of Pitt maybe).

44cuse

For hoops and strictly talking about the programs, don't really hate any team. I'd root strongly for any ACC team against a non-conference foe. Nothing like the old Big East days.

Maybe it's the relationship between K and JB but I have nothing but respect for Duke. The "wannabe" fans are a different story.
Most dislike Notre Dame, their lack of commitment and their role in the breakup of the Big East; North Carolina for the hypocrisy around the entire academic scandals throughout the athletic program; and N.C. State just because they are so Rutgers-y.

For hoops and strictly talking about the programs, don't really hate any team. I'd root strongly for any ACC team against a non-conference foe. Nothing like the old Big East days.

Maybe it's the relationship between K and JB but I have nothing but respect for Duke. The "wannabe" fans are a different story.
Most dislike Notre Dame, their lack of commitment and their role in the breakup of the Big East; North Carolina for the hypocrisy around the entire academic scandals throughout the athletic program; and N.C. State just because they are so Rutgers-y.

Maybe it's something endemic to having red as your main color?

Duke has been my clear #1 for about 20 years.

I live currently in the triangle of North Carolina and I hate, hate, hate! UNC and especially NC State. They have the 2 most obnoxious, delusional fan bases I have ever been around. I once lived in Winston-Salem and the wake fans were just fine. Actualy the Duke fans are humble in comparison to UNC and NC STATE fans believe it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom