Ranking the schedule: hardest to easiest | Syracusefan.com

Ranking the schedule: hardest to easiest

At Pitt is auto number 1 imo

At Clemson’s gonna be brutal. If we’re .500 or above for NCSU then the dome will help

1 NC state
2 @ clempsun
3 @ Wake
4 ND
5 @ BC
6 @ Pitt
7 Louisville
8 Purdude
9 FSU
10 UVA
11 @ Uconn
12 Wagner

I predict we win games 6 thru 12.

Clemson
NCSt
ND
Pitt
Louisville
FSU
Wake
Purdue
BC
UVa
Uconn
Wagner

NC State - legit contender dark horse
Louisville - surprise team of the year
ND - unbelievable talent
Clemson - done in by OL / QB
Purdue - surprise B10 program
Pitt - step back from last year, transfer QB keeps them relevant
Wake - good QB and coach
BC - good QB / WR
FSU - talented hot mess
UVa - lost a lot of talent on field and on sidelines
UConn - better than expected but still trash
Wagner - thank you for cashing the check

1 NC state
2 @ clempsun
3 @ Wake
4 ND
5 @ BC
6 @ Pitt
7 Louisville
8 Purdude
9 FSU
10 UVA
11 @ Uconn
12 Wagner

I do like the name Purdude.

I'd drop @BC down somewhere. Only tricky part is that it's last game of the year and we're always the walking wounded.

Wagner went 0-11 last year. Still, the only reason why I’d rank UCONN as slightly less easy is because UCONN is on the road, and Wagner is at home.

As a side note, why the hell did we agree to play UCONN on the road? Would any other power conference team seriously agree to that?

Wagner went 0-11 last year. Still, the only reason why I’d rank UCONN as slightly less easy is because UCONN is on the road, and Wagner is at home.

As a side note, why the hell did we agree to play UCONN on the road? Would any other power conference team seriously agree to that?

There are quite a few who are scheduled to play there according to the link above. We can’t/don’t play all OCC games at home so why not pick one that fans and alumni can attend ( and Cuse should win ) ?

Clemson
NC State
ND
Pitt
Wake
Louisville
Purdue
FSU
BC
UVA
U Conn
Wagner

Right now, the toughest game on the schedule is Louisville.

Not only are they the next game they are a team we have not done well against in recent years. They don’t seem to have much trouble attacking the 3-3-5. This year they have a solid offensive line and we have a young and unproven defensive line. If games are won in the trenches, they are also lost in the trenches.

Go Orange, beat Louisville!

1 NC state
2 @ clempsun
3 @ Wake
4 ND
5 @ BC
6 @ Pitt
7 Louisville
8 Purdude
9 FSU
10 UVA
11 @ Uconn
12 Wagner

1. at Clemson
2. NC State
3. ND
4. Louisville
5. at Wake
6. Purdue
7. at Pitt
8. at BC
9. FSU
10. UVA
11. at UConn
12. Wagner

Road games are usually hard to win but this might be our easiest road schedule in a long time. I think we have a good chance in 4 of the 5 games.

NC State is certainly formidable this year (I would be surprised if they were a legitimate playoff contender), but there's just no way going into Clemson isn't the hardest game on our schedule.

NC State is certainly formidable this year (I would be surprised if they were a legitimate playoff contender), but there's just no way going into Clemson isn't the hardest game on our schedule.
no doubt, you can talk about their QB and offensive issues all you want, but that defense was excellent last year and it looks like it will be beyond excellent this year, potentially Georgia 2021 level.

Right now, the toughest game on the schedule is Louisville.

Not only are they the next game they are a team we have not done well against in recent years. They don’t seem to have much trouble attacking the 3-3-5. This year they have a solid offensive line and we have a young and unproven defensive line. If games are won in the trenches, they are also lost in the trenches.

Go Orange, beat Louisville!
And it's been a long time since they have been in the dome. Night games are always hard on opponents in the dome.
Teddy Bridgewater found that out with a highly touted Louisville squad.

Guys, I played Louisville in NCAA 14 the other day. Then I was losing, so I quit. Then I played them again, and I quit again. BUT THE THIRD TIME, we won by 30 points. So obviously that’s a omen. Chalk that up as dub. Locked in. You’re welcome.

And it's been a long time since they have been in the dome. Night games are always hard on opponents in the dome.
Teddy Bridgewater found that out with a highly touted Louisville squad.
Also ask Lamar Jackson ;)

We refuse to allow such a lowly program access to the Dome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom