Rankings of all 129 FBS college football programs | Syracusefan.com

Rankings of all 129 FBS college football programs

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
Mods - feel free to delete or combine somewhere else if this has already been posted but I didn't see it.

We come in at 88. Virginia, Illinois, Oregon State and Kansas are the Power 5's below us. I have a hard time believing anyone knows enough about 129 teams to do this competently however.

Top 25

CBS Sports 129: Alabama opens 2018 college football rankings at No. 1 for third straight year

26-129

College Football Rankings

I can see why we’re 88 but we’re realistically in the 50’s with a healthy Dungey. Of course a healthy Dungey’s hard to come by. So, I cant complain yet.

I get we play in an extremely difficult division, and I’m also aware we are all bias, but not a shot we are 88th this year. If we are, we have much bigger issues then I thought.

the 88th team doesnt take down Clemson and play toe to toe with all the big boys on the road, but if you only look at the record and what happened the last 3 games thats what we are.

There is zero reason Rutgers should be ahead of us.

what? but, but, Ash is fencing the yard, or watering the lawn, or putting a gate around it. or something.

yeah, total joke. they weren't competitive against any high level teams, they were outscored by an average of 36 points per game against their ranked opponents. they beat a decent Purdue team and that was it. f**k Chip Patterson.

Not only Rutgers but also Western Mich and Buffalo are ranked ahead of us. W. Michigan's 2018 draft class has 19 three stars. Regardless of what we think, this roughly mimics public perception. The rankings are a result of voting. It is the image recruits can have. Winning is the only cure. It will bring fan support. Facilities are a factor that we can control.

There were lots of reasons why, but this is what happens when we squander all the goodwill that came from the Clemson upset. The narrative changed from "Cuse is on the rise" to "That was a crazy outlier" in 5 weeks. It was particularly tough because we had great chances to topple both Miami and FSU in the weeks right after Clemson but didn't finish the job. The media is aching to write "Cuse is back" stories, we need to give them a reason to do so this season.

There were lots of reasons why, but this is what happens when we squander all the goodwill that came from the Clemson upset. The narrative changed from "Cuse is on the rise" to "That was a crazy outlier" in 5 weeks. It was particularly tough because we had great chances to topple both Miami and FSU in the weeks right after Clemson but didn't finish the job. The media is aching to write "Cuse is back" stories, we need to give them a reason to do so this season.

Consistently good, not occasionally great one might say. The Dungey injury was a factor but perception is perception.

This. We will be the darlings of college football if we can put the throttle down and come out of the gates 4-0.

We'll get a ranking if we take care of business and go into Clemson as a team on the rise. That game will sell itself.

I don’t know how to put a number on it, but I feel that any day we send Eric Dungey out there, we have a shot to win that game.

Surprised it's that high. Are people not aware of the perception (which comes from the reality of SU being the worst P5 team for a stretch from 04-08) associated with SU football?

UB should be good this year. They have something like 3-4 guys that will be drafted fairly high after this season. They're probably gonna beat Rutgers

Shh I’m waiting for some on this board to still be pleasantly surprised when UB hangs 35 on an unsuspecting Rutgers team.

we cannot be taken seriously by any ranking service or media outlet until we start winning...
we have a lot to prove and it must start with a very CONVINCING WIN at western michigan