Raptors decline fourth-year option on Malachi Richardson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Raptors decline fourth-year option on Malachi Richardson

I think Ennis was the ultimate "iron hot" guy. He had to go.

Mali was always someone I thought could go either way, it may have helped or it may have hindered him to stay - with that being the case, I wouldn't be able to turn down the money, so I definitely can't fault him.

Donte Greene was probably the Bizarro-Ennis for me, I was a huge fan, but still think he should have stayed one more year and it would have just helped him long-term. You never know though...

Good thoughts. Honestly, I think they all should leave, especially with guaranteed money on the table. All these guys now have multi-millions. (Don't get into whether they have squandered that money already, thats on them.) They did NOT make the wrong decisions. Mali, Ennis, Tyler, Grant, even CM. That said, the one guy who I might be convinced in hindsight was Donte Greene. While he definitely made more money then I ever will, imo he could have made even more coming back. Definitely not guaranteed though, and who is to say JB would have given him as much rope in a Sophomore year. Heck, if he could have just avoided going to the Kings, that would have been a win. However, if I were him, I would have probably left too, so what does that tell me.

Good thoughts. Honestly, I think they all should leave, especially with guaranteed money on the table. All these guys now have multi-millions. (Don't get into whether they have squandered that money already, thats on them.) They did NOT make the wrong decisions. Mali, Ennis, Tyler, Grant, even CM. That said, the one guy who I might be convinced in hindsight was Donte Greene. While he definitely made more money then I ever will, imo he could have made even more coming back. Definitely not guaranteed though, and who is to say JB would have given him as much rope in a Sophomore year. Heck, if he could have just avoided going to the Kings, that would have been a win. However, if I were him, I would have probably left too, so what does that tell me.

Donte's game now in TBT is EXACTLY THE SAME as it was his Frosh year at SU:
Stand on perimeter, jack ill-advised 3's early in the shot clock, and play mostly matador D.

I doubt another year in college would have done anything for him, or his draft stock.

Two thoughts, 1, the Kings murder a lot of basketball careers, and 2, Donte was looking good to get signed by the Nets and join their Williams, Garnett, Pierce squad but then injured his ankle badly in a workout. Could Garnett and Pierce influenced his career in a positive way? We'll never know, but I think there's a chance.

Donte's game now in TBT is EXACTLY THE SAME as it was his Frosh year at SU:
Stand on perimeter, jack ill-advised 3's early in the shot clock, and play mostly matador D.

I doubt another year in college would have done anything for him, or his draft stock.

He rebounded pretty well from what I remember. But, yeah, no D and offensively he was a chucker. Became even more of what you said later as a professional. Just launching ill advised 3s.

He rebounded pretty well from what I remember. But, yeah, no D and offensively he was a chucker. Became even more of what you said later as a professional. Just launching ill advised 3s.

I never really got to see him play in Sacramento, but I remember reading articles where they seemed to fancy him as a defensive stopper and that he would often match up with the opposing teams best player. Mostly it seemed like his rep remained just as it was though - a chucker without much aptitude/interest defensively, but I was never sure what to make of it.

Like OiG said, would have been very interesting if he got that shot with the Nets...

Some players leave before they're ready. That doesn't mean we hate them and wish them ill. I hope he catches on with another team. Nice kid and he was awesome in that Virginia game. Still think he needed another year, if that's ok for me to say on a fan forum (?).
Be carefull your post might not be positive enough for some people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom