Rasheed Williams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rasheed Williams

K. State had room for 30+. Worked out for them.

Bill Snyder has always been good like that too. When they busted us up in the Fiesta Bowl following the 1997 season their quarterback (I forget his name) was a Juco and he gave us fits.

Not saying we shouldn't take one once in a while, but if we have other options at RB that have better potential, why not get them for 4-5 years than 2. Especially in this class where we are down to limited scholies.
just worried about depth for next year, and while some true frosh can step right in and be the man at RB, I don't think that's a given. Lots of big name RBs come in to programs and can't beat out the incumbent because they aren't physically or mentally ready yet for BCS level football. I'd feel more comfortable with a more physically mature kid who has already proven himself against other college age kids in this instance if he's a good fit and interested.

If you already have 2 or more proven guys for the next season, then absolutely would rather have freshmen than kids who only have two years of eligibility.

Bill Snyder has always been good like that too. When they busted us up in the Fiesta Bowl following the 1997 season their quarterback (I forget his name) was a Juco and he gave us fits.
Michael Bishop?Cant remember for sure but I think that was his name.

As a Patriot fan, I hate Michael Bishop with a passion. He was supposed to be the next big thing but boy was he terrible in the NFL.

As a Patriot fan, I hate Michael Bishop with a passion. He was supposed to be the next big thing but boy was he terrible in the NFL.
Thats why you never recruit jucos:)

My barometer for JUCOs is whether they can contribute immediately. If a RB is going to come in to fill an immediate need and challenge for a spot on the two deep, it is worth it even for 2 years. Doesn't necessarily have to be a starter.

But if a guy is just taking up a scholarship, I'd prefer not to use it on a JUCO.

My barometer for JUCOs is whether they can contribute immediately. If a RB is going to come in to fill an immediate need and challenge for a spot on the two deep, it is worth it even for 2 years. Doesn't necessarily have to be a starter.

But if a guy is just taking up a scholarship, I'd prefer not to use it on a JUCO.

Or do they have 3 to play 2 like Goggins and the big guard.. That is worth it.

Or do they have 3 to play 2 like Goggins and the big guard.. That is worth it.

Yeah--to be clear, I don't have a problem with then coming in and redshirting. Tiller actually will have started 2 and a half years here, and Goggins projects as a two year starter. That's worth it.

Bringing in some JUCO OL who's third string wouldn't be worth it.

Yeah that was him. Didn't do much in the NFL but was a heck of a college player for K State.