Class of 2018 - RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

I think they are preparing for that and that's one of the reasons why we did not compete for Mike Hart when Indiana came calling.
I certainly hope you're right about this. Monroe has been great in Florida since he got here.

Monroe has been great for Syracuse there is no doubt about that, but he's not beating out the top schools for the high profile kids down there. The badge used to be getting a kid offered by the big 3. Now it includes the upper SEC schools. When he does that, schools will take notice.

If he proves he can also coach a P5 secondary that's when it'll be time to get worried.

In 16 years he's pretty much been a career secondary coach.

COACHING LEDGER
2002-03 Secondary Allegheny College
2004-05 Defensive Ends Colgate
2006-08 Secondary Colgate
2009 Co-Defensive Coordinator/Secondary Colgate
2010-15 Secondary Bowling Green
2016-present Secondary Syracuse

Monroe has been great for Syracuse there is no doubt about that, but he's not beating out the top schools for the high profile kids down there. The badge used to be getting a kid offered by the big 3. Now it includes the upper SEC schools. When he does that, schools will take notice.

If he proves he can also coach a P5 secondary that's when it'll be time to get worried.

COACHING LEDGER

Give him a little time - he's only been at a legit school for a year.

COACHING LEDGER

Baby steps, man.

Baby steps, man.

this is in response to people (typical) who are now worried about Monroe leaving for a better job. idk I don't live in that world so I dont get it.

this is in response to people (typical) who are now worried about Monroe leaving for a better job. idk I don't live in that world so I dont get it.

I think the worry is that if he is pulling the types of guys we haven't had as much luck with in the past 3 staffs, then the name schools will do that much better. I mean - I don't think some SEC school says "we need Syracuse level FL kids" - I think they see his connections and ability to connect with FL coaches and recruits and that's what makes him worthy of poaching.

My baby steps comment was that I think IF we keep him and we start winning - he's a guy that can parlay that to compete with some of the kids that jump at the big 3. (Realistically, we are going to lose to them at a fairly high % no matter what. But he's a guy that can improve our odds.)

I think the worry is that if he is pulling the types of guys we haven't had as much luck with in the past 3 staffs, then the name schools will do that much better. I mean - I don't think some SEC school says "we need Syracuse level FL kids" - I think they see his connections and ability to connect with FL coaches and recruits and that's what makes him worthy of poaching.

i know what the worry is.

Like this pickup a lot. His running style and lower body strength remind me a lot of Robert Washington albeit with Dixon being bigger and more powerful.

I'm no judge of football talent, however he seems like a kid (based on his local newspaper's account) who's all about excelling and contributing. Potentially an ideal program player without much drama ("Who's showing me love" "My Top 28 schools being released at midnight" etc.). I believe he's only 16 and has been a starter since 9th grade who averages 9 yards a carry. He's built like a brick (insert your own reference to an outhouse here) and will only get bigger, stronger and faster. An upgrade w/no academic issues unlike Mr. Shaw.

i know what the worry is.

right. and you think because he hasn't been beating out the big 3 + the SEC in FL, we shouldn't be worried. Just pointing out that a.) I don't think that's the bar and b.) he'll be getting there with a few more wins/momentum.

right. and you think because he hasn't been beating out the big 3 + the SEC in FL, we shouldn't be worried. Just pointing out that a.) I don't think that's the bar and b.) he'll be getting there with a few more wins/momentum.

syracuse fans are worried about everything.

Head Football Coach wins 4 games. “Oh know he’s going to be poached”

Assistant Football Coach lands Florida recruit with 3 offers. “Oh know he’s going to be poached”

Cuse basketball player has 12 points and 7 assists against Colgate. “Oh no he’s going to leave early for the NBA draft”

Game day thread (pick any sport); we’re down - or up. “OMG this is brutal” “It’s going to be a long day” “we’ll be lucky win” “game is over”

the worrying is endless. just enjoy the ride

Assistant Football Coach lands Florida recruit with 3 offers. “Oh know he’s going to be poached”

Cuse basketball player has 12 points and 7 assists against Colgate. “Oh no he’s going to leave early for the NBA draft”

Game day thread (pick any sport); we’re down - or up. “OMG this is brutal” “It’s going to be a long day” “we’ll be lucky win” “game is over”

For sure. We do worry about everything. Just pointing out that it's not *that* crazy to think a good FL recruiter would be in high demand at other schools.

I am enjoying the ride - going to be a fun year, I think.

Enough with your sane thoughts, man.

Maybe not on the football side, but our basketball program has been decimated with the loss of players whose big accomplishment is averaging double figures.

Jawhar Jordan Jr - 2018 RB commit from Arizona
c35.gif

I'm not sure who is telling the joke. Could be Mojo was being funny too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom