Class of 2016 - RB/ATH Jack Wegher( FL) - Committed to Purdue Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/ATH Jack Wegher( FL) - Committed to Purdue Offered

Yeah, there hadn't been any indication he wouldn't take his visit but I guess he must have felt more than confident in his original choice. Good luck to him. I was a big fan of his film, think he's got a chance to be a real playmaker.

I was reading that if an early enrollee has signed the financial papers with a school that school can make this type of announcement. Are we sure that this is nothing more than Purdue making this announcement based on his signing of financials not an LOI? Maybe a visit is still in the works?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...oses-early-enrollee-loophole-questions-remain
"This past fall, the NCAA issued an interpretation to an existing rule that allowed senior football prospects who planned January enrollments in college to sign financial aid agreements that bound the programs with which they signed to honor scholarship offers.

Eligible prospects are permitted to sign on Aug. 1 before their senior years.

The agreements, not to be confused with the national letter of intent, do not bind prospects to the schools.

But the schools that received executed agreements are allowed to publicize the signings and communicate, free of normal, NCAA-imposed restrictions, with the signed prospects outside of recruiting dead periods."

Last edited:
You could very well be right. As long as he hasn't sent in his LOI he's technically still free to visit.

They might all be filled and they're going to announce them all after the bowl games. I'd actually expect that to be the case.

excellent point, you are probably dead-on.

You could very well be right. As long as he hasn't sent in his LOI he's technically still free to visit.

Yep, let's hope he makes the visit. Even with an empty campus, SU has to be more impressive than Purdue. I heard that place is a wasteland. And not just on the football field!

Could be keeping it a total secret to not mess his opportunity up with Purdue until he is fully committed. That might be why he has gone silent.

Zach Allen signed his grant in aid with Syracuse and still visited TCU and flipped to TCU prior to the final day for enrollment. So it isn't unheard of.

Official Cuse Football Twitter account welcomed Rex Culpepper when he submitted his papers this fall.

Official Cuse Football Twitter account welcomed Rex Culpepper when he submitted his papers this fall.
Well in Rex's case, he is indeed locked in now if I'm not mistaken. LOI submitted I believe.

Well in Rex's case, he is indeed locked in now if I'm not mistaken. LOI submitted I believe.
There is no early signing period for football. The first time a high schooler can sign an LOI is February. The school is locked in but Rex can still go elsewhere.

There is no early signing period for football. The first time a high schooler can sign an LOI is February. The school is locked in but Rex can still go elsewhere.
Things may have changed but what I remember is mentioned here where there is no actual LOI (athletes can sign the financial aid paperwork to lock the school into them) but it's only official when they step into that first class 2nd semester and that officially locks the athlete into the school.

Things may have changed but what I remember is mentioned here where there is no actual LOI (athletes can sign the financial aid paperwork to lock the school into them) but it's only official when they step into that first class 2nd semester and that officially locks the athlete into the school.
That's the way I hear it works.

Zach Allen signed his grant in aid with Syracuse and still visited TCU and flipped to TCU prior to the final day for enrollment. So it isn't unheard of.

I remember it was a Sunday, I think, and he was supposedly flying to Syracuse to settle in for school. Next thing we know, not only did he never get on the plane, but he flipped to TCU. Crazy.

Looks great and probably closing some deals for Purdue. Does the Cuse have anything to show our recruits on the possible Dome renovation for it would be awesome to see!

Looks great and probably closing some deals for Purdue. Does the Cuse have anything to show our recruits on the possible Dome renovation for it would be awesome to see!
Shafer had mentioned that he had talked about the proposed renovation to recruits on visits.

EDIT: Meant that recruits have mentioned it coming from Shafer sharing Dome renovation plans.

Last edited:
I know we've had posters mention having seen a campus-wide proposal that seems to have details about the renovations...I wonder if the staff has access to any of that to use to show recruits?

I know we've had posters mention having seen a campus-wide proposal that seems to have details about the renovations...I wonder if the staff has access to any of that to use to show recruits?
The West Campus proposal is part of the long term campus plan. From what I have heard I am not sure anything is solid yet including funding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom