Class of 2020 - RB Fombo Azah (Carthage) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Fombo Azah (Carthage)

I'll be impertinent:
Can we unscramble Fombo Azah's name first before offering any kind of scholarship?
Is he any relation to Fennis Dembo?
Please don't show him this post before I've got 2 years in the S&C program, at which time I may be able to move to DE without losing any of my quickness.

I never stated we should take him. Stated how it would stink to see someone like him go elsewhere and kill it. For example, mike hart and Latavius Murray are kids who would’ve been great to land on the hill. They went elsewhere and killed it. I am just saying it would stink if somehow this kid went elsewhere and killed it and he was right in our backyard.
And neither wanted to go to SU

And neither wanted to go to SU
Cause we sucked - yes. But that’s not my point - it’s just it sucks to see local talent go elsewhere and excel. You wish they could excel at SU. That’s all.

5’8 11.7 100m PR. I think he is definitely going to play at the college level but probably more of a Rutgers/UConn/Colgate level player. Good luck to him.
If he can play in the Big 10 he can Play here.

Cause we sucked - yes. But that’s not my point - it’s just it sucks to see local talent go elsewhere and excel. You wish they could excel at SU. That’s all.

Your point is - you are missing the point, even though you stated it right there.

Why would a talented player choose “the hometown school” - which sucks, and has for the vast majority of their lifetimes - vs going to a great program which wins consistently?

Kids being local is about the equivalent to kids being legacies -
It’s just one very small minor factor amongst dozens of reasons to choose a program, that fans put FAR too much weighting on, and the prospects put almost ZERO.

I never stated we should take him. Stated how it would stink to see someone like him go elsewhere and kill it. For example, mike hart and Latavius Murray are kids who would’ve been great to land on the hill. They went elsewhere and killed it. I am just saying it would stink if somehow this kid went elsewhere and killed it and he was right in our backyard.
You make the best objective decision based on what can be known, and what you know. What happens after that, happens, and the concept of "it stinks" doesn't even apply.

Most likely a Fort Drum Kid Probably play for his home state
[

Your point is - you are missing the point, even though you stated it right there.

Why would a talented player choose “the hometown school” - which sucks, and has for the vast majority of their lifetimes - vs going to a great program which wins consistently?

Kids being local is about the equivalent to kids being legacies -
It’s just one very small minor factor amongst dozens of reasons to choose a program, that fans put FAR too much weighting on, and the prospects put almost ZERO.
You make the best objective decision based on what can be known, and what you know. What happens after that, happens, and the concept of "it stinks" doesn't even apply.
Nope it still would stink to see him go to let’s say Cincinnati (Just an example of a G5 school) and rush for 2 straight 1000 yard seasons. Doesn’t mean that the coaches should’ve recruited him it just STINKS as it would have been nice to see a local kid show out locally. Obviously you recruit for the best fit and athlete objectively, but I can still say how it would stink to see him go elsewhere and kill it. Did I say stink enough?

No. Hart's dream was to play for Michigan and tav wanted to be close to his father in Florida. He did want to transfer after he hurt his knee.

Hart was ALWAYS going to Michigan, given the chance. Nothing to do with SU.

I know that Dino likes the fast home run hitting guys but when you have a relatively weak o-line, wouldn't it be good to have a big powerful back who can make his own yardage and doesn't get hand tackled going through tight holes?

I know that Dino likes the fast home run hitting guys but when you have a relatively weak o-line, wouldn't it be good to have a big powerful back who can make his own yardage and doesn't get hand tackled going through tight holes?
Jarveon Howard isn't have a good year either.

This kid looked meh tonight against a 2 win team, that basically got to the state playoffs by default.

had one or two big runs but generally was stuffed up the middle. Nothing impressive

the kicker on Carthage on the other hand...

You mean like Howard, Wax and Garrison Johnson?

You mean like Howard, Wax and Garrison Johnson?

Howard is not a "big" back. He's certainly a well-put together kid though. I think he ended up as the de facto big back by virtue of Shaw and Dixon not being on campus. BC has "big" backs. Looking forward to seeing how Johnson and Wax develop.

Dino wants big backs. See Abdul Adams and the aforementioned Wax and Johnson.

And he also wants backs that can fly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom