Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

I think Broyld will be a fine contributor on offense and one of our best freak athletes over the next three years.

I'm not saying he can't contribute. I just don't think it will be at running back. Look at his size and his running form. Don't see a RB there. H-back/TE, yes.

A few things to consider – and this goes with all of our recruits this year. Kids could just as well be taking a wait and see approach. We have a brand new unproven staff. Unproven head coach. Unproven OC. And I’d bet anything opposing recruiters are slamming this point home.

Regarding Witter, while I want him and I really love his film its not like he’s a James Mungro, Walter Reyes, Diamond Ferri level recruit. If he opts out he opts out.

In terms of offers he’s not viewed as a high level BCS type recruit.

RVLS lists Witter’s offers as:

Syracuse
Missouri
Rutgers

Then

UMASS
Marshall
Ohio
South Alabama
Tulane
Utah State
Western Kentucky

Just food for thought. George Morris, the kid lighting up Syracuse practices, had offers from Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Illinois, Utah, Purdue, Indiana, Florida International and East Carolina. Not really elite type BCS offers either. Running backs are really a dime a dozen. We’ll be just fine at this position no matter what happens. Now if we want to talk about recruiting concerns at say – defensive end – I think we’d be on to something.

I wouldn’t get to high or get to low when it comes to recruiting. There is a LONG way until signing day. Kids will come and go.

"I wouldn’t get to high or get to low when it comes to recruiting. There is a LONG way until signing day. Kids will come and go. " PhatOrange

Absolute truth.

A few things to consider – and this goes with all of our recruits this year. Kids could just as well be taking a wait and see approach. We have a brand new unproven staff. Unproven head coach. Unproven OC. And I’d bet anything opposing recruiters are slamming this point home.

Regarding Witter, while I want him and I really love his film its not like he’s a James Mungro, Walter Reyes, Diamond Ferri level recruit. If he opts out he opts out.

Syracuse
Missouri
Rutgers

Then

UMASS
Marshall
Ohio
South Alabama
Tulane
Utah State
Western Kentucky

Just food for thought. George Morris, the kid lighting up Syracuse practices, had offers from Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Illinois, Utah, Purdue, Indiana, Florida International and East Carolina. Not really elite type BCS offers either. Running backs are really a dime a dozen. We’ll be just fine at this position no matter what happens. Now if we want to talk about recruiting concerns at say – defensive end – I think we’d be on to something.

I wouldn’t get to high or get to low when it comes to recruiting. There is a LONG way until signing day. Kids will come and go.

Would it be concerning to go after mid level BCS recruits at RB and not be able to land them? Personally, I'm not overly concerned with the position at the moment.

Would it be concerning to go after mid level BCS recruits at RB and not be able to land them? Personally, I'm not overly concerned with the position at the moment.

Not to High, but we can still get high right? :)

Syracuse
Missouri
Rutgers

Then

UMASS
Marshall
Ohio
South Alabama
Tulane
Utah State
Western Kentucky

I pretty much agree with your entire post but I still think getting Ish into the fold would be a big boost to this recruiting class. With Domer off the board and Ollison as good as gone I think its pretty clear Ish our top RB target. Your points well taken about his offer list but like Morris the staff has been on this guy early and like Morris I think he is a better player then what his offers are showing. I think SU can probably bring in some talented players at the position even if Ish and Phillips go elsewhere but I disagree that RB's are a dime a dozen, I think thats a huge misnomer. Ask Rutgers if RB's are a dime a dozen since Ray Rice left.

I am more concerned with our OL and DL recruiting. The line makes everyone else on the team look good (or bad)

I think from an OL perspective theres a feeling we have a few kids lined up and should be OK, as we can always plug holes via the JUCO route. As for the DL, I think its clear our DE recruiting the past few years has left a lot to be desired. Again we may need to go the JUCO route, theres just not that many high end DE's out there and those that are, are usually gobbled up by the big boys.

Ask Rutgers if RB's are a dime a dozen since Ray Rice left.

I might blame rutgers and their coaches, not the running backs.

syracuse, uconn, pitt, temple, cincy, bc, usf, have all spit out running backs though in the same time frame. a lot of kids who had less stars than the (3) 4 star kids who busted at rutgers and the 5 star huggins who's down zilch.

edi - or maybe rutgers kids have over inflated rankings.

Good question but we didn’t lose anyone yet except for Domer.

Hilliman is supposed to announce mid-August. If that's the domino he is waiting on to fall then we can wait. Just sucks to think we are a back-up option to that other school (can't even say it). Can't wrap my brain around that though if its true (which unfortunately, i think it is).

1. @rashaanish21 it's the family team, we're from there and my dad was supposed to play there as well lol

1. J♔@Babyy_Jayyy 9m
    @rashaanish21 I'll be your number one fan
I'm sorry if I am digressing with this twitter... I wonder where she gets her directions from :)

"I'm considering it tho"

Yeah, sorry to say, but time to move on.

1. @rashaanish21 it's the family team, we're from there and my dad was supposed to play there as well lol

1. J♔@Babyy_Jayyy 9m
I'm sorry if I am digressing with this twitter... I wonder where she gets her directions from :)

I just heard that quote last nigh..."I'll be your number one fan".....unfortunately the Movie was "Misery"!

Kids could just as well be taking a wait and see approach. We have a brand new unproven staff. Unproven head coach. Unproven OC. And I’d bet anything opposing recruiters are slamming this point home.
I hate to say it, but it's such an easy and effective sales pitch to make. And they don't even have to go negative to make their point.

It's a much harder sell for our staff to get commits at this stage, as the A-listers know we'll hold a spot for them for awhile. So they may as well wait and actually see the team on the field to be absolutely sure. And the B+-listers think they're on the A-list too.

1. J♔@Babyy_Jayyy 9m

is there something you want to tell us ;-)

I hate to say it, but it's such an easy and effective sales pitch to make. And they don't even have to go negative to make their point.

It's a much harder sell for our staff to get commits at this stage, as the A-listers know we'll hold a spot for them for awhile. So they may as well wait and actually see the team on the field to be absolutely sure. And the B+-listers think they're on the A-list too.
That can work in a couple ways, for ya...and against ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom