Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Rutgers hired that coach months ago. Looks like Flood did a great job of selling BIG football and Rutgers. Heard he sold him on the success of RU putting receivers in the NFL and leading RU into the BIG Ten.

Good for them

The amount of talent that B1GTIME Rutgers gets year after year, and your best finish is a four way tie for first (with Syracuse) and a bowl loss to the worst Virginia Tech team in the last 20+ years.

OK, I'll ask -
Who are these receivers that you're referring to? Sanu? Harrison?

Britt and Sanu were two first day NFL draft picks that Rutgers has had in the last five years. Underwood is another recent receiver who is playing on Sundays. Their current junior, Coleman, is already projected as a first day pick in the next draft.

Britt and Sanu were two first day NFL draft picks that Rutgers has had in the last five years. Underwood is another recent receiver who is playing on Sundays. Their current junior, Coleman, is already projected as a first day pick in the next draft.

I guess it's a judgement call. It just seems a little thin to me to argue that they've had significant success at putting receivers in the NFL. Britt and Tiquan Underwood were drafted in 2009; Sanu in 2012. Harrison was an UFA this year.

For the record, Syracuse has only 3 WR's in the NFL right now.

The amount of talent that B1GTIME Rutgers gets year after year, and your best finish is a four way tie for first (with Syracuse) and a bowl loss to the worst Virginia Tech team in the last 20+ years.

Rutgers already has 4 four star commits and it seems like the may land a few more.
I don't think RU has ever had say 6 four star recruits in one class. So it seems to me the BIG Ten affiliation is really giving them a boost with the top kids in NJ and the surrounding areas.

Rutgers hired that coach months ago. Looks like Flood did a great job of selling BIG football and Rutgers. Heard he sold him on the success of RU putting receivers in the NFL and leading RU into the BIG Ten.

Good for them

tumblr_m0dphhcxqz1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

"Speculation began a month ago, that Blacknall could be opening back up to Rutgers now that his former high school assistant coach, Cody High, has been hired as a Rutgers assistant/player development coach."

I knew the Rutgers fanbase was delusional, but REALLY?!?

Please. Britt is a train wreck. Rutgers did not prepare him for life after college. Sanu made the NFL despite going to Rutgers. He got beat up in the ridiculous wild knight offense and was never fully utilized at Rutgers.

Neither player was properly developed at Rutgers. They made the NFL on sheer ability. Attending Rutgers had very little to do with it.

Hello Miles Shuler.

Please. Britt is a train wreck. Rutgers did not prepare him for life after college. Sanu made the NFL despite going to Rutgers. He got beat up in the ridiculous wild knight offense and was never fully utilized at Rutgers.

Neither player was properly developed at Rutgers. They made the NFL on sheer ability. Attending Rutgers had very little to do with it.

Hello Miles Shuler.

Sanu caught more than 200 passes in his three seasons at Rutgers yet came in as an unheralded recruit with no other offers. Now he is a starting WR in the NFL and will soon be making millions of dollars a year playing a game. Miles Shuler should hope to be so underutilized.

Sanu should sue Rutgers for damages.

And Blacknall just committed to Rutgers...guess I wasn't so far off depite your family connections;)

LOL .. he had an offer pulled ... recruiting season isn't over till LOIs are signed ... it must really suck to grab 4 stars and still be a third rate program. They must be lining them all up in front of all those BE trophies that you ... oh wait you have one you shared with us ... LOL ... you won't even sniff top 4 in the B1G ...

I'll put Art Monk and Marvin Harrison's careers up against any RU receivers. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

Not sure what this has to do with Ish possibly coming to SU, though.

Sanu caught more than 200 passes in his three seasons at Rutgers yet came in as an unheralded recruit with no other offers. Now he is a starting WR in the NFL and will soon be making millions of dollars a year playing a game. Miles Shuler should hope to be so underutilized.

Thats ok ... rumor has it the B1G is suing RU for impersonating a football program ... explains why they are collecting all that dough to be a B1G doormat.

Sanu was a 3 star both Scoout and R!vals
Here is R1vals profile...he had multiple Big East Offers
http://rivals.yahoo.com/rutgers/foo...-Sanu-73590;_ylt=AiVlLxiI8lJhC0Arfg_Mt3D0tZB4

But Rutgirls is the NFL WR Factory! so sez AZKnight, B1GFANmoron, etc...
I finally gave up and started Ignoring every Rutgers fan who posts here. Someday the madness will end.

What I would like to know is why are they even bothering to come here? Is their little brother, look at me syndrome that bad? They really don't have any history from a programmatic standpoint to brag about ... their best 10 year period isn't even close to what we did in our 3rd or 4th best decade in program history ... I would really like to understand why they are even here. Are they not being fed in their mommy's basements or were the junior highs shutdown and they couldn't score dates? Someone please clue me in on why these idiots even bother coming here ... there is a reason I don't go to their board .. actually several and I have no idea why they would even bother coming here ... do they really need acceptance that badly? I guess living the "Garden State" is a lot worse than I thought ...

I'm going to start by saying I think Rutgers football program is a joke who think football started in 2003. But with that said with their recent strings of commitments, high profile visits, and now Blacknall committing, i'm not going to hate. I don't know how they are doing it, but they are pitching a program with smoke and mirrors. They just had 4 or 5 big time 2015 visitors, on top of about 4 high profile 2014 recruits. We really aren't in any position to be talking smack right now. I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, and there is a long way to go until signing day, but they are doing a very good job.

I'm sure the student body (that's being bled for $1,000 a year to subsidize the Athletic Dept) and NJ Taxpayers are thrilled Sanu will be making millions. Maybe they can sue Rutgers for damages too.

I'm going to start by saying I think Rutgers football program is a joke who think football started in 2003. But with that said with their recent strings of commitments, high profile visits, and now Blacknall committing, i'm not going to hate. I don't know how they are doing it, but they are pitching a program with smoke and mirrors. They just had 4 or 5 big time 2015 visitors, on top of about 4 high profile 2014 recruits. We really aren't in any position to be talking smack right now. I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, and there is a long way to go until signing day, but they are doing a very good job.

Don't worry--the schadenfreude they've built will be exposed fully when they start playing B1G games. No doubt in my mind.

I don't hate the program ... I hate the moronic fan base that feels the need to taint our board LOL ... and for all these wonderful recruits prior to this season what do they have to show for it. Yes getting 4 star guys is nice ... all the power to them ... but how did Huggins and some of these other big names work our for them? With the "talent" they have been signing to only have 1 co-championship after Va Tech, Miami and BC left and with SU down and out for a decade is quite frankly impossible for me to fathom. And they still need to come here and gloat over nothing apparently. Marrone was .500 against them .. they are about to be bottom feeders in the B1G ... and we can talk all the smack we wish ... they were a blocked FG away from being 1-3 against us in the last 4 seasons with their super recruits ... wake me when these jackasses go and look for validation on the Michigan or OSU boards ...

I don't hate the program ... I hate the moronic fan base that feels the need to taint our board LOL ... and for all these wonderful recruits prior to this season what do they have to show for it. Yes getting 4 star guys is nice ... all the power to them ... but how did Huggins and some of these other big names work our for them? With the "talent" they have been signing to only have 1 co-championship after Va Tech, Miami and BC left and with SU down and out for a decade is quite frankly impossible for me to fathom. And they still need to come here and gloat over nothing apparently. Marrone was .500 against them .. they are about to be bottom feeders in the B1G ... and we can talk all the smack we wish ... they were a blocked FG away from being 1-3 against us in the last 4 seasons with their super recruits ... wake me when these jackasses go and look for validation on the Michigan or OSU boards ...

You had me at "taint".