Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Brian Leonard and Joe Martinek, although he is not on an active roster right now...

Rice is a very decent rep for RU as a running back...RU can always use him as a prime example on how you can make the pros...RU landed the number one fullback in the country ( Kraut), possibly using brian leonard as an example ...

I don't think RU would take Ish , even if he wanted to verbal today....we only have a few spots left and are looking at different positions to be filled
Did Brian Leonard even play as long as Tony Fiametta has? Seriously, you don't want to start comparing RB's (or most other skill positions) in the NFL with SU.

Rice is a very decent rep for RU as a running back...RU can always use him as a prime example on how you can make the pros

Stop using Ray Rice as an example. The only reason he "fell into RU's lap" is because Paul Pasqualoni got fired. Ray Rice was a solid lock to Syracuse up until that point.

And you are really going to use Martinek and Leonard as good examples?

cmonman.jpg

that kid kraut is a fat tub of lard. he didn't pick rutgers because of brian leonard. he picked rutgers because they are the only school in this day and age who still recruit fullbacks.

Stop using Ray Rice as an example. The only reason he "fell into RU's lap" is because Paul Pasqualoni got fired. Ray Rice was a solid lock to Syracuse up until that point.

And you are really going to use Martinek and Leonard as good examples?

cmonman.jpg

Of all of GROB's sins, and there were many, basically ignoring Ray Rice when he was hired was at the top of the sins list.

Did Brian Leonard even play as long as Tony Fiametta has? Seriously, you don't want to start comparing RB's (or most other skill positions) in the NFL with SU.

someone asked the simple question, if RU had any other running backs in the league..... not how long they have been there, or to compare them...just answering the question given.

Leonard graduated in 2007 and is still in the NFL...so I guess he has kinda made it, would you not say?...granted a fullback is a position that never gets the headlines or the stats...but where ever he has played for as a pro, the fans realized what a class act and dedicated player he is and was.

oh, and here is a list of the 17 RU players that were on the Pats and Bucs at the same time when they met in pre-season...granted some will not be there on opening day, but pretty impressive

Patriots

13 - Mark Harrison

26 - Logan Ryan

30 - Duron Harmon

32 - Devin McCourty

36 - Brandon Jones

45 - Steve Beauharnais

65 - Scott Vallone

94 - Justin Francis

Bucs

11 - Tiquan Underwood

30 - Brain Leonard

46 - Andrew DePaola

46 - Mason Robinson

46 - Marvin Booker (injured)

58 - Ka'Liel Glaud

76 - Jeremy Zuttah

81 - Timmy Wright

95 - Gary Gibson

someone asked the simple question, if RU had any other running backs in the league..... not how long they have been there, or to compare them...just answering the question given.

Leonard graduated in 2007 and is still in the NFL...so I guess he has kinda made it, would you not say?...granted a fullback is a position that never gets the headlines or the stats...but where ever he has played for as a pro, the fans realized what a class act and dedicated player he is and was.

oh, and here is a list of the 17 RU players that were on the Pats and Bucs at the same time when they met in pre-season...granted some will not be there on opening day, but pretty impressive

Patriots

13 - Mark Harrison

26 - Logan Ryan

30 - Duron Harmon

32 - Devin McCourty

36 - Brandon Jones

45 - Steve Beauharnais

65 - Scott Vallone

94 - Justin Francis

Bucs

11 - Tiquan Underwood

30 - Brain Leonard

46 - Andrew DePaola

46 - Mason Robinson

46 - Marvin Booker (injured)

58 - Ka'Liel Glaud

76 - Jeremy Zuttah
Do you guys have your own board?
81 - Timmy Wright

95 - Gary Gibson

yes we do, thanks for asking...our most active board is rivals and it is one of the most active boards on rivals, way more busy than this one...

if your question ( which was buried inside my post) was meant to be "why are you here?", it is because you are discussing several recruits that have either verballed to RU or we are competing for....your fans comments and thoughts on them are of interest

and we usually welcome visitors from other programs as long as they are civil...

yes we do, thanks for asking...our most active board is rivals and it is one of the most active boards on rivals, way more busy than this one...

if your question ( which was buried inside my post) was meant to be "why are you here?", it is because you are discussing several recruits that have either verballed to RU or we are competing for....your fans comments and thoughts on them are of interest

and we usually welcome visitors from other programs as long as they are civil...

Your board has one active section the football board. Every other piece is a ghost town. Syracuse has an active lacrosse, basketball and fball board. It is not "way more" active then this site.

I thought I had also heard that after Rice committed to SU, he found out his girlfriend was pregnant, and wanted to play closer to where she was living in NYC. Pasqualoni leaving opened the door for him to decommit. Is there any truth to this?

no one cares much about lacrosse...our basketball board is only active during the season itself, the result of years of incompetence...our premium football board is busy also...

good luck in the acc....with the recent additions in the league it just might be the premier league in the country for basketball.....

as far as RU goes, being mostly a football fan, I would rather us be in the big 10...it is going to be crazy when Ohio state, Penn state and Michigan come to town....and we are happy they are
in the same division with us so we get to play them every year....

as far as RU goes, being mostly a football fan, I would rather us be in the big 10...it is going to be crazy when Ohio state, Penn state and Michigan come to town....and we are happy they are

Trust me-No one is happier about you being in their division than them

no one cares much about lacrosse...our basketball board is only active during the season itself, the result of years of incompetence...our premium football board is busy also...

good luck in the acc....with the recent additions in the league it just might be the premier league in the country for basketball.....

No one cares about those two boards because you guys have been doormats in both sports for decades. The ACC will surely be the premier bball league but it also has the potential to be a pretty good football league. Obviously no where near what the SEC can bring to the table, but with Miami, FSU, Va Tech, Clemson there are some pretty good programs. I am sure your excited to play OSU, PSU and UM every year but like everything else the novelty will where off fast especially if your not winning and under Flood I would have serious doubts if I was a Rutgers fan.

Your board has one active section the football board. Every other piece is a ghost town. Syracuse has an active lacrosse, basketball and fball board. It is not "way more" active then this site.

The Football board is a way more active Off Topic Board. It’s the place to be if you want to talk about anything other than football. Christ you can get information over there about anything. From window screens, to pressure washers, to airlines, restaurants, home brewing and girlfriend advice. Instead of googling on a topic I just go over to their football board, bound to find what I need.

So...you have three losses "baked" into your annual conference schedule. Congrats on becoming the east coast version of Indiana a.k.a. conference punching bag.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and project that RU manages to battle their way through that brutal 2013 AAC schedule and becomes bowl eligible. I would suggest that you and the rest of the post-2006 fan base take the time and completely enjoy the bowl experience. There is a very high probability that this might be your last for at least a decade.

So do you go to every other site out there that has a program competing against RU for recruits? I highly doubt it ... its just an excuse to troll like the other schmucks who come over here. There is a bevy of reasons I don't go to your board ... a.) We won't play you guys anymore ... b.) You're irrelevant ... c.) You have no history, and no 8-10 years of beating on Howard coupled with mediocre bowl appearances is not a history ... d.) Your fanbase is delusional and obnoxious ... e.) We actually have programs that win in hoops, lax and others that are worth talking about ... f.) Other then girls hoops you have had no shot what so ever at doing anything on a national level ... g.) I'm afraid Rice will throw a basketball at me ... h.) Do I really need to keep going? Honestly ...

So do you go to every other site out there that has a program competing against RU for recruits? I highly doubt it ... its just an excuse to troll like the other schmucks who come over here. There is a bevy of reason I don't go to your board ... a.) We won't play you guys anymore ... b.) You're irrelevant ... c.) You have no history, and no 8-10 years of beating on Howard coupled with mediocre bowl appearances is not a history ... d.) Your fanbase is delusional and obnoxious ... e.) We actually have programs that win in hoops, lax and others that are worth talking about ... f.) Other then girls hoops you have had no shot what so over at doing anything on a national level ... g.) I'm afraid Rice will throw a basketball at me ... h.) Do I really need to keep going? Honestly ...
Post of the week.

The Football board is a way more active Off Topic Board. It’s the place to be if you want to talk about anything other than football. Christ you can get information over there about anything. From window screens, to pressure washers, to airlines, restaurants, home brewing and girlfriend advice. Instead of googling on a topic I just go over to their football board, bound to find what I need.

Here are the 10 highest threads on Rutgers Rival FOOTBALL board:

I wish RWJ Hospital would change their website front page
Delicious - Cuse Recruiting
Janarion Grant?
Roll Call: 8/29 - RU vs Fresno State
With so many RU players in the NFL,it's hard to understandwhy no BE title.
Noah Brown "JUST DO IT"
HBO Hard Knocks Question
Raceway Petroleum Donates $215,000 to Rutgers Athletics
THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-FRESNO STATE PREDICTION THREAD
Big Ten Digital Network

So, for scoring purposes, that's"

1 Hospital website naming thread
1 Just now realizing they never won a BE title
1 Recruiting thread (Noah Brown
1 Donation thread (to athletics, not football)
1 HBO thread
1 Big Ten Digital Network thread
3 Football threads
Oh, and
1 Syracuse Recruiting thread, which also happens to be the longest thread, by far, of the the ten.

BTW, it doesn't get much better after the 10 highest, with threads about the NJ Senate Race, RUHOOPS license plates and Ray Rice Jerseys (at least he's football related).

Now now, everyone. We shouldn't be so hard on RU and their fans. I mean, yes the Big 10 invited them because they allegedly bring the NY market, but they offer oh so much more. A great and long history in football... er, uh, ahem. Well, on the basketball side they have struggled on the court but off the court they have been the model of integrity... uhh, ummm. Never mind.

Here are the 10 highest threads on Rutgers Rival FOOTBALL board:

I wish RWJ Hospital would change their website front page
Delicious - Cuse Recruiting
Janarion Grant?
Roll Call: 8/29 - RU vs Fresno State
With so many RU players in the NFL,it's hard to understandwhy no BE title.
Noah Brown "JUST DO IT"
HBO Hard Knocks Question
Raceway Petroleum Donates $215,000 to Rutgers Athletics
THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-FRESNO STATE PREDICTION THREAD
Big Ten Digital Network

So, for scoring purposes, that's"

1 Hospital website naming thread
1 Just now realizing they never won a BE title
1 Recruiting thread (Noah Brown
1 Donation thread (to athletics, not football)
1 HBO thread
1 Big Ten Digital Network thread
3 Football threads
Oh, and
1 Syracuse Recruiting thread, which also happens to be the longest thread, by far, of the the ten.

BTW, it doesn't get much better after the 10 highest, with threads about the NJ Senate Race, RUHOOPS license plates and Ray Rice Jerseys (at least he's football related).

Don't let facts get in the way of this argument!

I thought I had also heard that after Rice committed to SU, he found out his girlfriend was pregnant, and wanted to play closer to where she was living in NYC. Pasqualoni leaving opened the door for him to decommit. Is there any truth to this?

Must've been a rumor started by GrayStork.

No the question is why do you care so much that you need to keep creating screen names in order to post here?

No the question is why do you care so much that you need to keep creating screen names in order to post here?

my only screen name has been wheezer...if you go to rivals, both free and premium, and scout, free and premium, you will find me there......on the rivals board I have
been a premium member under wheezer for over 10 years.....I don't know who you think I have posted under, but you are wrong.

I come in peace...to the poster who lists the topics on our board, they tend to post a lot of off topics during the summer, and more about the program as the season approaches...we do try to tell some who
continually put off topics on the football board to contain them to the current event board;....but we still get them anyway...

best of luck, once again.

my only screen name has been wheezer...if you go to rivals, both free and premium, and scout, free and premium, you will find me there......on the rivals board I have
been a premium member under wheezer for over 10 years.....I don't know who you think I have posted under, but you are wrong.

I come in peace...to the poster who lists the topics on our board, they tend to post a lot of off topics during the summer, and more about the program as the season approaches...we do try to tell some who
continually put off topics on the football board to contain them to the current event board;....but we still get them anyway...

best of luck, once again.

Ok so let me get this straight .. you guys have this gee-whiz bang recruiting class (supposedly) and the only shot you will ever have in at a sole conference championship (not a co-championship) coming up this season in your pathetic history (cause you sure as hell won't win one in the B1G) and all this "momentum" as a program leading up to your last season playing your favorite schedule of pasties and you have nothing to talk about 8 days before the kickoff of NCAA football? This further exemplifies the point many on this board make ... RU is a second rate (at best in a bad BE conf ... ahem AAC for that matter) program. Maybe you should start a birthplace of college football thread and hang your hat on that for another 130 years ... I'm sure the internet will still be around at that point.

Ok so let me get this straight .. you guys have this gee-whiz bang recruiting class (supposedly) and the only shot you will ever have in at a sole conference championship (not a co-championship) coming up this season in your pathetic history (cause you sure as hell won't win one in the B1G) and all this "momentum" as a program leading up to your last season playing your favorite schedule of pasties and you have nothing to talk about 8 days before the kickoff of NCAA football? This further exemplifies the point many on this board make ... RU is a second rate (at best in a bad BE conf ... ahem AAC for that matter) program. Maybe you should start a birthplace of college football thread and hang your hat on that for another 130 years ... I'm sure the internet will still be around at that point.