Class of 2020 - RB Marcellus Moore (IL) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Marcellus Moore (IL) Offered

It's not Rob. According to his Syracuse coaching bio he has three daughters and a son named Satchel.
With a name like Satchel, he may have changed it to Marcellus. lmao

The dad was probably a regular student so maybe the legacy jinx only applies to legacies of former players

He ran a 4.35 at the opening...I’m just saying, Jawhar Jordan, Sean Tucker, Courtney Jackson and this kid would be a hell of a lot of speed. Probably leaving somebody out too
Really? Can you link in the results from all the openings? I was looking for them and couldn't find them. It would be nice to see actual heights, weights, speed rather than taking the word of the players and their coaches. Thanks in advance.

Yes, who is his dad? Track & field athlete? Regular student? Rob?
Dad is Christopher. Mom Maydene. 2 out of first 3 replies to Cello's (great nickname) tweet that is linked.

Dad lists association with USATF so maybe track team back in the day. Considering Marcellus's track background could make sense. Uses 1964 in twitter handle so likely attended 1982ish to 1986ish (assuming birth year).

Last edited:
Whoa! He was flying!

Dad is Christopher. Mom Maydene. 2 out of first 3 replies to Cello's (great nickname) tweet that is linked.

Dad lists association with USATF so maybe track team back in the day. Considering Marcellus's track background could make sense. Uses 1964 in twitter handle so likely attended 1982ish to 1986ish (assuming birth year).

Dad appears to be in management for McDonald's Corporate, which is kind of ironic given his son his 5'6" of muscle and pace.

I don't know. I'm just not seeing it. His highlights are showing him walking into some players as blocks? Small short and not much speed in my opinion especially as compared to Sean Tucker.
Also other team looked a little small and slow. Also video is not top notch so hard to tell. I trust that offer list though.

It's not Rob. According to his Syracuse coaching bio he has three daughters and a son named Satchel.
Seems like lower level P5 offers. We already have 2 RBs signed and are in good places with other more talented RB athletic types, so would think he is on the lower end of our board.

Seems like lower level P5 offers. We already have 2 RBs signed and are in good places with other more talented RB athletic types, so would think he is on the lower end of our board.
He also could be being recruited as a Slot WR and what not. Players can find a way on the field even if they haven’t played it in HS.

Edit- also keep in mind we were also considered “low level P5 offer” for the last 4 years or so, the coaches know who they like.

10.31 for 100 meters, that's the kind of speed get a seam and take it to the house.
A kid from Texas, going to Baylor just set the high school record 10.05 on 5/12. If this player just ran back kicks he would be worth a scholarship. A homerun threat every time he touched the ball.

A kid from Texas, going to Baylor just set the high school record 10.05 on 5/12. If this player just ran back kicks he would be worth a scholarship. A homerun threat every time he touched the ball.
Looks like 10.13. Ran a wind assist 9.98,didn't count. Sheesssh. Moore is .18 slower than the fastest high schooler ever. 2 tenths faster than the women's world record. Would have been a world record in 1930.

Last edited:
Looks like 10.13. Ran a wind assist 9.98,didn't count. Sheesssh. Moore is .18 slower than the fastest high schooler ever.

That's why you get this type of player into Dino's offense. All you need is a small space to get him in the open he gone.

How many rbs are you guys going to take for 2020? Already have 2 committed.
Looks like Cuse has some good prospects for this class. Getting commits is fine, but Cuse needs to get the top prospects from the State. Whiffing on Murphy and Constant should be unacceptable.

Mike Lynch has done a great job with the offense but overall failing at recruiting key guys. For Cuse to take the next step recruiting has to improve...a lot.

Thoughts?

Looks like Cuse has some good prospects for this class. Getting commits is fine, but Cuse needs to get the top prospects from the State. Whiffing on Murphy and Constant should be unacceptable.

Mike Lynch has done a great job with the offense but overall failing at recruiting key guys. For Cuse to take the next step recruiting has to improve...a lot.

Thoughts?
I will take kids from Florida, Georgia, Texas, DC area all day long before I worry about missing on NY state guys. Just be thankful we don't play Miami this year. For some reason they all think they have to go out of state. That will change soon, Dino has us on the right track. We will make believers this year.

He also could be being recruited as a Slot WR and what not. Players can find a way on the field even if they haven’t played it in HS.

Edit- also keep in mind we were also considered “low level P5 offer” for the last 4 years or so, the coaches know who they like.
Of course they like him to some minimum significant level because they offered, but even they like everyone they offer to different levels, some more than others.

Thoughts?

1. We won’t prioritize local NY guys over guys we feel are better that we can get from elsewhere.

2. We’re not at the level (yet) where we can beat out Penn St, Clemson, Michigan - when they come calling. We’re close. But it’s a process.

3. Over Dino’s time here, he’s identified and gotten guys that fit our deficiencies. That’s how we got better. So, yeah - to win our division or make the playoffs we’re going to need more. But nothing Dino has done has proven that he can’t. So, not worried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom