Class of 2020 - RB Marlowe Wax Jr (MD) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/14/19) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Marlowe Wax Jr (MD) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/14/19)

How does he have a better chance at RB, we have Moe, Jarveon, Abdul, and jawdrop Jordan? They will all have more experience than him. The LB not quite so much. You may have conveniently forgot my first statement was he may be an RB, there is just no guarantee of that. Oh and by the way most of the time our offense operates with a single RB, last I checked two is more than one and if we have more players capable at LB we probably play three.
Object of recruiting is get the best you can get and plug them in as the team needs, just so happens that usually the most athletically talented on any HS teams are usually at RB and QB. Sometimes they stick sometimes they move.
Let him play Elmore role move Elmore to DT

Players get recruited for a position often and once entering the program as things shake out they can get switched. Sometimes it’s best for them and sometimes it’s best for the program, and at Syracuse historically it’s been more common probably because we’re not a factory school. We don’t and have never really had the luxury of just pushing talent out of the program because of lack of fit. Really since the late 80’s we’ve primarily been a program that relies more on developing talent than being stockpiled with elite blue chips. Although we’ve had our share of those no doubt.

Hell, we’ve had multiple NFLers that played a position eventually at Syracuse and in the NFL that they weren’t primarily recruited for. So switching positions isn’t necessarily a bad thing for the player and it doesn’t necessarily indicate deception or require deception on the part of a coaching staff. And there’s a big difference between baiting and switching a player and acknowledging that a player is an athlete capable of playing multiple positions. A player being versatile is better for the player anyway when you consider how difficult it gets as you progress up the chain based on roster sizes and, with the NFL, opportunities in general.

Great post!

How does he have a much better chance to play at LB? We have been playing with 2 LBs for a few seasons now, and have sophomores Wallace/Richards/Allison/Trotter as well as true freshmen Cantin/Jones/Kpogba.

It's only 2 LBs on certain downs, usually passing situations. They tend to play 3 LBs on first down and running downs, as I recall. Or use an edge rusher like an extra LB.

How does he have a better chance at RB, we have Moe, Jarveon, Abdul, and jawdrop Jordan? They will all have more experience than him. The LB not quite so much. You may have conveniently forgot my first statement was he may be an RB, there is just no guarantee of that. Oh and by the way most of the time our offense operates with a single RB, last I checked two is more than one and if we have more players capable at LB we probably play three.
Object of recruiting is get the best you can get and plug them in as the team needs, just so happens that usually the most athletically talented on any HS teams are usually at RB and QB. Sometimes they stick sometimes they move.

I don't think Jarveon Howard stays on the Island. I think Adams will prove to be the better short yardage back, as well as being more explosive between the tackles. Adams and Jordan will be our starting backfield in a year, IMO. They should be among the best backfields in the ACC, if not the country.

Wax sure likes to hit! He is a football player! I could really see him at LB. Especially considering that he's already 6-1, 225 as a HS senior. He's practically ready, physically speaking.

I don't think Jarveon Howard stays on the Island. I think Adams will prove to be the better short yardage back, as well as being more explosive between the tackles. Adams and Jordan will be our starting backfield in a year, IMO. They should be among the best backfields in the ACC, if not the country.
I think you really underestimate Jarveon and his abilities, He was a Frosh last year and will only get better.

Just rewatched highlight and woah, kids an all around beast. I love how Dino brings in football players. Not just a RB, I can see this kid having immediate impact on specials possibly too. He is physically there and loves contact! Great pick up.

I think you really underestimate Jarveon and his abilities, He was a Frosh last year and will only get better.

Too many times last year he was brought in for short yardage situations and couldn't move the pile. If Chris Elmore didn't open a hole, he wasn't getting the first down or the touchdown.

Too many times last year he was brought in for short yardage situations and couldn't move the pile. If Chris Elmore didn't open a hole, he wasn't getting the first down or the touchdown.
That had alot more to do with blocking than him. RBs do need blocking and that's no fault to say.
We would have blown out FSU in the first half if we could block short yardage situations better. We need to improve here alot.

As with most Frosh he was hesitant in hitting the line, and he will not do that as he progresses. He still managed to score a lot of touchdowns, I doubt he can not do as well and probably better.
He also has ability to catch the ball out of the backfield better than most, although this was not shown often as a frosh. You underestimate the young man.

As with most Frosh he was hesitant in hitting the line, and he will not do that as he progresses. He still managed to score a lot of touchdowns, I doubt he can not do as well and probably better.
He also has ability to catch the ball out of the backfield better than most, although this was not shown often as a frosh. You underestimate the young man.

If you recall his HS tape, he was running over and through people with impunity due to a lower level of competition. The talent was obvious, but almost unfair. Last year, he had to adjust to bigger, faster and stronger opponents in practice and in the game. I think he took that experience, hit the S&C strong (as we have seen), and will be a fiercer and more determined RB this year...and beyond.

That's exactly right. He was a bit hesitant and didn't just lower his head and attack the hole.
You don't have to be the biggest guy to hit hard. You just have to accelerate quickly and literally throw yourself at the hole or the pile in those goal line or short yardage situations.

9D9BF6C7-3975-465F-A003-EE0683B0A77E.jpeg

Sorry, CL :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom