Class of 2018 - RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt

This could be our step towards what we all want. No not chubbs or the other guy but thats what we are shooting for and dont be mad but if i hear one person say w cant get guys like that then we should stop trying to get anywhere. We should try to become a clemson who if i recall pe dabbo they sucked kinda. So we can do what we want as long as we keep pushing. Go orange.

All I know is this weekend visit to Pitt and the days and hours leading up to Signing day are going to be one hot mess of an emotional roller coaster around here.

I dont disagree. But let's look at it another way. When's the last time we had two 4*, National recruits at a single position in the "same class"? It would go a long way toward developing the depth needed to win in the ACC. I suppose Hendrix and Thriston Jackson could be considered as well, but I believe they are both more regional recruits.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited to land both of them. But there's no reason to set the expectations that high by making a comparison like that. Just see how they develop in this offense first before we go crazy. Both would struggle with the inconsistency of our OL this season.

So the "ball security" issues consisted of one fumble.
We don't really know what happened in practice. Maybe he had issues in practice but they played him in the game because he was the best available RB. Then he fumbles in the game and they realize they will put in a RB with a little less talent.

Also, dad said in the news article that Adams felt like the current RB coach appeared to favor players he recruited. maybe that had something to do with him playing less.

There is always more than one reason why things happen - as opposed to most of the conclusions people come up with.

Last edited:

Two things that I think are a positive for us are these points in the article.

Salahuddin was hosted by another former four star in Tommy DeVito, who is viewed as the quarterback of the future for head coach Dino Babers. -- having DeVito as his host was brilliant by the staff. The future of SU's offense constantly in the ear of a valuable piece of that offense.

Adams has been a friend and mentor to Salahuddin, as well as fellow H.D. Woodson products and Orange signees Juan Wallace and Edward Hendrix. Considering junior college defensive back Duwayne Johnson (Wayne's son) is also high on Syracuse with a decision expected on National Signing Day, it's possible all five will join the growing D.C. circle in Central New York this year. -- I didn't realize that Duwayne was the son of the assistant coach. You have to think that if the "Rock" decides to come to SU that that might help in brining in Salahuddin as well.

Hopefully we will reel them both in and establish a pipeline from DC to SU.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited to land both of them. But there's no reason to set the expectations that high by making a comparison like that. Just see how they develop in this offense first before we go crazy. Both would struggle with the inconsistency of our OL this season.

Agreed. OL has a long way to go. Hopefully, the new OL coach will pay dividends -- we've seen it happen before.

I love our nation’s capital.
Yes sir, I also salute our nation's majestic capital which is fast becoming a vast reservoir of gridiron excellence for our magnificent men in Orange - a Syracuse football hatchery where future pigskin piranha are spawned in the crucible of athletic competition.

Well, that's enough coffee for today.

I'm unaccountably atwitter as I monitor SU football: Winter conditioning, 2nd NLI Day Feb 7th, Spring Practice then the Spring Game. Can't wait for the season to start. W. Mich looms large in our football fortunes next year. Can you imagine beating W. Mich, then Wagner, then a huge (it's been since 1966 since we last beat Florida State) upset at home over FSU and then UConn at home. We could...

Honestly, I've put down the coffee now and will go back to watching YouTube highlights of the 1960 NC Cotton Bowl victory in color:

Last edited:
Also it doesn’t hurt that DC to Syracuse is a direct flight.
Kid can fly home easy.
Whenever I fly up from Charlotte I always connect thru DC.

That stuff matters.
Charlotte has a direct flight to Syracuse, why fly to DC? I'm flying up to Syracuse from Charlotte tomorrow to see my family.

Charlotte has a direct flight to Syracuse, why fly to DC? I'm flying up to Syracuse from Charlotte tomorrow to see my family.
For some reason my flight has stopped in DC the last 2 times.

Rain and clouds in the forecast in Pittsburgh this Saturday and playing SU in BBall.

Excellent...Excellent.

If you live anywhere near Pitt, bring friends and go to this basketball game in bright ORANGE!! Stubhub if needed it will pay dividends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom