Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing he has a great relationship with Eric White.

We should hire his hs coach if any more openings pop up. Didnt Kentucky do that on the bball side for Julius Randle's dad?

We should hire his hs coach if any more openings pop up. Didnt Kentucky do that on the bball side for Julius Randle's dad?

His father is a pretty respected coach in North Carolina.

This makes no sense. We don't even know which school he is going to, and you are telling us if he doesn't come to Syracuse he won't go to a bigger school and laying blame on the coaching staff. That's absurd - unless of course you a member of his family and privy to his exact thinking.

Washington isn't some kid who grew up in Syracuse and is a life long Orange fan dying to go to the school, and all the coaches have to do is not screw it up. He's a NC kid who seems to have built a nice relationship with White/McDonald and seems to really like Syracuse. It is exciting to seemingly have a real shot at such a talented and highly regarded kid, but Syracuse is by no means a prohibitive favorite. He may very well choose a bigger school, and I wouldn't blame him if he did. It is also entirely possible, if not downright likely, that the coaching staff can do everything right with the kid and still not land him.

Clarity in my post. I have read a ton of articles as it pretains to him and Cuse. The kid mother lives in CT and his family is in NY and CT. I understand the doubt and that what my comments was addressing. I just wanted to pint out somethings I noticed. Yes our coaches will have to go after him hard. We shouldn't settle. It's not like we're Towson State. We're Syracuse. We have great academics here. Great athletics. Why wouldn't we expect our coaches to be in the mix. Why wouldn't we hold them accountable. I'm a fan. I want to get excited and the possibility of landing any top recruit gets me pumped.

Last edited by a moderator:
how about we don't offer him 44 because he would rather wear 5.

44 doesn't mean anything to these kids, get over it.
Fine...so he wants Number 5. That is great. He is a tremendous talent and it would be terrific to see him in Orange and SU would be lucky to have him.

Now explain again why in a game like recruiting we would not be using EVERY chip we have to possibly sway kids. Generalizing saying these kids do not care is way too broad...in today's heightened time of activism might one kid move one percent in SUs favor to wear the same number as Jim Brown? Might one kid who saw The Express move one percent in SUs favor because Ernie Davis wore it? Might one kid who has met Little on a recruiting vist and talked with him about the number move one percent in SUs favor?

If so use it. I think it is naive to generalize about this when we know for a fact that some kids may chose a school because of a new uniform...a specific number COULD play a role. If so, don't be hard lined about it.

SUOrange44

B6xnGC1IcAAKOCe.jpg:large

We are in it for one of the best in the country. That's fantastic to see.
Was George his primary recruiter? If so, we'll have to see how his interest holds up. He is from NC after all.

how about we don't offer him 44 because he would rather wear 5.

44 doesn't mean anything to these kids, get over it.
How can you say #44 would mean nothing to these kids? I'm not arguing you, just would like to hear your view. Not every kid grows up valuing nike and big stadiums over being the pride of a city.

Give a kid like Washington #44 and he performs on the field and earns that honor, he becomes the face and pride of Syracuse, CNY and New York.

I'd rather that honor than wearing a cool nike jersey, then again if that jersey is tOSU that's much different. Either way, if he's good he's going to the NFL. It's my opinion that #44 may be a ace in the hole.

Was George his primary recruiter? If so, we'll have to see how his interest holds up. He is from NC after all.

He is very close with Eric White and I believe Smith is his main recruiter. Will be very very hard to get him but we are in it

How can you say #44 would mean nothing to these kids? I'm not arguing you, just would like to hear your view. Not every kid grows up valuing nike and big stadiums over being the pride of a city.

Give a kid like Washington #44 and he performs on the field and earns that honor, he becomes the face and pride of Syracuse, CNY and New York.

I'd rather that honor than wearing a cool nike jersey, then again if that jersey is tOSU that's much different. Either way, if he's good he's going to the NFL. It's my opinion that #44 may be a ace in the hole.
Why? Is he from Syracuse? If not, What would he care about what the city of Syracuse would think about him. Do you dream about being the toast of Reading, PA?

So...would this be the kid who puts our recruiting over the top, finally?

When's the last time we were involved with a kid THIS high profile?

Getting washington, and moe those are two top notch player makers. If you can get those kids recruiting should be easy. You talk about those two to every recruit tell the o-line recruits you have the best playmakers to block for. Tell the recievers you recruit that the running attack will be strong which will open the passing game and tell the quarterbacks the samething. Then you tell your defensive recruits they are the missing pierces for national contenders. I really feel like this could happen if we land these two/three it can put us in places we haven't been in recruiting for a loooooonnnnggggg time.

Him and AJ Long have gotten close. Nothing but good signs there. I've been excited for a long time. Not just for us potentially landing a player like this but the pub and attention it will draw with other recruits. He has shown us a lot of love. I'm glad we're in the mix. Let's close fellas

It's better than 33%. I've heard syracuse brought up when every coach talks to me about him. Him, Moe, and Apari all hold syracuse very high.
Don't be getting my hopes up too high now...

Washington is still a ways from announcing a commitment isn't he expected to be a late spring announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom