Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get bnoro's thoughts on this development and thought you guys might like this.
image.jpg

I would guess Coach P years - maybe Johnnie Morant?

Lavar Lobdell was also very highly thought of - visited Florida, Miami, NC State...

Cecil Howard, Tom Lemming 13th ranked player in the country 2001.

I like this kid. Ultra confident without being cocky. Kid seems to know his history. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the impact this kid could have. If I recall Averin Colier was our last 4 star rb. Averin who? That being said, I definitely want this kid.

If you're looking for the right recruit to wear this #, it's him. High character kid who is one of the best in his class AND loves The Express/Davis/Brown?

I can only hope that they are waiting to offer it when the time is right. How about Shafer, White, Gross, Lea, and Little all offer it to him? At his house? Is that legal?! Do we care?!?

Awesome interview Justin, There were many takeaways from this. First of all we need to give him #44. Secondly, we really do need to keep Mr. White. Thirdly, and probably most important this kid is very humble and a great kid off the field. Lastly, for me the best part of the Q&As was this,
"I feel like I wouldn’t only be a great player, but I could also help recruit and land some of best players in the country. The football program could use some great news in March going into spring ball.

Again Great job Justin!!!

Alright I won't create a thread about this but come on...

What in gods name could possibly be holding them back from offering #44?

This is clearly our key. Noone knows if it makes us favorites or anything, but CLEARLY it GREATLY enhances our pull towards top running back recruits like Washington.

It makes no sense to me why we wouldn't offer it.

Anyone comment?

In my opinion Gross thinks he will look like a moron if we unretire it after 10 years. But in reality he was a moron for retiring it at all and will be a bigger moron for not bringing it back for RW.

In my opinion Gross thinks he will look like a moron if we unretire it after 10 years. But in reality he was a moron for retiring it at all and will be a bigger moron for not bringing it back for RW.

Gross likes doing it big. He should grow a pair, realize he messed up, and do the number and the fans justice by bestowing it upon a high character student athlete who happens to kick a$$ in football.

Edit: autocorrecting "fans" to "fancies" come on now..

Gross likes doing it big. He should grow a pair, realize he messed up, and do the number and the fans justice by bestowing it upon a high character student athlete who happens to kick a$$ in football.

Edit: autocorrecting "fans" to "fancies" come on now..

Best damn post of the day!

This is the greatest thing I've ever read! But seriously give this kid #44 ASAP! He's elite and understands and respects what it represents. We need this to happen right now! This could be a job saver for HCSS. Imagine we get him aboard and he helps us bring in a top 25 class. The buzz we'd get would effect future classes! Signing this one kid could literally restore our program! Please for the love of god SUAD, give him the damn number! #Restore44

Ok who is Justin and what did they do with Jack Bauer?!?! Need to send a team to find Jack...was he kidnapped by the Russians again?

If it were me, I'd wait until he's about to announce and then send him a vague offer for 44 (a postcard with a jersey with 44 on it, or whatever).

I was indifferent about bringing #44 out of retirement until I read that article by Justin. If handing out #44 helps to land an elite prospect like Washington then I say do it, and don't even think about it. Obviously the program needs a little kick start, and if something as seemingly small about un-retiring a jersey will do it, then I ask what the hell are we waiting for? This isn't only about Washington, but what grabbing an elite prospect like Washington signifies. Elite talent attracts elite talent. People can mock the star system all they want, but it has always been my opinion that good players want to play with good players. These kids read the recruiting services. They know which program is bringing in talented classes, and which ones aren't. Getting someone of Washington's stature could give us the juice we need. Not to mention Robert is already on record of saying he will recruit other good players (sounds like he has already thought about what he would do when he committed to Syracuse?). Now I am sure this decision will be made above HCSS, and once it is OK'd then HCSS will have the ability to hand out the jersey or not. I really can't think of any good reasons for not bringing it back on Gross' end? This would be a total botch-up if we somehow find out the decision to bring back #44 is blocked. Then again if Washington were to decide not to come here because we can't offer #44 then i'd probably question if he really wanted to come here in the 1st place. It would be a cool gesture that could gain some publicity if we did un-retire it to get a star recruit. Hell maybe this could be another turning point in the program? Who knows unless you try? What do we have to lose?

This isn't only about Washington, but what grabbing an elite prospect like Washington signifies. Elite talent attracts elite talent. People can mock the star system all they want, but it has always been my opinion that good players want to play with good players. These kids read the recruiting services. They know which program is bringing in talented classes, and which ones aren't. Getting someone of Washington's stature could give us the juice we need. Not to mention Robert is already on record of saying he will recruit other good players (sounds like he has already thought about what he would do when he committed to Syracuse?).

This is absolutely the big thing for me, because the people against bringing 44 out of retirement will probably say, "Oh, it's about a legacy, it can't be about just one player." It's not about one player. It's about what you illustrate above. One great player leads to more great players, and that in turn leads to restoring the very legacy people are trying to protect.

jekelish said:
This is absolutely the big thing for me, because the people against bringing 44 out of retirement will probably say, "Oh, it's about a legacy, it can't be about just one player." It's not about one player. It's about what you illustrate above. One great player leads to more great players, and that in turn leads to restoring the very legacy people are trying to protect.

To me it's about a legacy of great players who are also great young men - who understand and respect the tradition. Robert is all three.

Yet another example of the "kids these days don't care about history or 5 minutes ago" stuff being proven to be a steaming pile of horsesheit.

I was indifferent about bringing #44 out of retirement until I read that article by Justin. If handing out #44 helps to land an elite prospect like Washington then I say do it, and don't even think about it. Obviously the program needs a little kick start, and if something as seemingly small about un-retiring a jersey will do it, then I ask what the hell are we waiting for? This isn't only about Washington, but what grabbing an elite prospect like Washington signifies. Elite talent attracts elite talent. People can mock the star system all they want, but it has always been my opinion that good players want to play with good players. These kids read the recruiting services. They know which program is bringing in talented classes, and which ones aren't. Getting someone of Washington's stature could give us the juice we need. Not to mention Robert is already on record of saying he will recruit other good players (sounds like he has already thought about what he would do when he committed to Syracuse?). Now I am sure this decision will be made above HCSS, and once it is OK'd then HCSS will have the ability to hand out the jersey or not. I really can't think of any good reasons for not bringing it back on Gross' end? This would be a total botch-up if we somehow find out the decision to bring back #44 is blocked. Then again if Washington were to decide not to come here because we can't offer #44 then i'd probably question if he really wanted to come here in the 1st place. It would be a cool gesture that could gain some publicity if we did un-retire it to get a star recruit. Hell maybe this could be another turning point in the program? Who knows unless you try? What do we have to lose?
I pretty much told Justin the same thing after I read it. I'm a convert.

While the interview was great, and sounds like (dare I even say it) he might actually be leaning our way , I don't see anything "groundbreaking" and "unlike anything any other recruiting sites have" is that what's in store for part 2? Because I'm excited for whatever is coming our way?

Oh and the fact Washington wants #44 is completely unsurprising. If #44 locks him up, give it to him and don't even think twice about it. The kid is primed for the league and Syracuse has an re shot at landing him. Do what we need to do to get him here.

Well first of all, I never said groundbreaking. I said unique.

Second, yes, the unique part is in part two.

Third, who sh** in your Cheerios?
I'm guessing a Clemson fan did!

Well first of all, I never said groundbreaking. I said unique.

Second, yes, the unique part is in part two.

Third, who sh** in your Cheerios?
Nobody I just got really excited that's all. Plus Clemson has made this a less fun day than I was planning

Justin great piece. I enjoyed every minute. The article was unique because you was able to get solid answer's from him that we have debated on this board. The boy likes us, understands the tradition, great football player, high character and great academics. Give this man #44 and lock him up so he can recruit for us. Look at this he is well respected amongst his peers, highly regarded by college coaches (40+ D1 Offers) and he was one of the first in his class to be offered by Stanford as a Sophomore. Stanford just don't throw around offers unless you have the total package. We need a jolt right now and we're looking at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom