Class of 2016 - RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin

You guys are gonna laugh at me when I say this but I watched all his highlights and he reminds me of Ray Rice at New Rochelle. New Ro ran a similar offense, Brodner has the same build as Ray and shows the same type of balance and power in his running. Not saying this kid is going to be the next Ray Rice but what if.

He carries that 215 # really well on that 5'-11" and runs a sweet 4.47 - 40. I like him just as much as Wegher and I like our chance of getting him better also.

Word in the Windy City is that Illinois is making a big push to keep Brodner in state.

I lived on Pleasant Lane in Lombard in the late 50's. It was a great place to grow up. Good schools, great community recreational activities all year long. It's grown up since then. The corn field on the south side of Pleasant Lane is now apartment buildings. We all hated leaving.

Hi Cuester,

I live pretty close to the iconic Dairy Queen on Main St in Lombard. I know it's been around forever. I grew up in Cortland, NY and moved out to Chicago for work. I lived in Chicago (Wrigleyville, Uptown , Rogers Park) for 8 years then got engaged and moved to the Burbs :) Lombard is a great little town. More my speed if you're familiar with Cortland.

Hi Cuester,

I live pretty close to the iconic Dairy Queen on Main St in Lombard. I know it's been around forever. I grew up in Cortland, NY and moved out to Chicago for work. I lived in Chicago (Wrigleyville, Uptown , Rogers Park) for 8 years then got engaged and moved to the Burbs :) Lombard is a great little town. More my speed if you're familiar with Cortland.
Hope to see you at the Pitt Roadie this year...

Heater, if you were a betting man - Brodner or Moran?
I would say we need more of a power type back since we already have several speedsters. Brodner is my bet!

Why not both?

I was responding to Heater agreeing with the OP "either way we are going to get one of them." I wasn't making a prediction. If you have any familiarity was my posting history, I advocate for getting as many play makers as possible.

I was responding to Heater agreeing with the OP "either way we are going to get one of them." I wasn't making a prediction. If you have any familiarity was my posting history, I advocate for getting as many play makers as possible.
I actually said that. I have no inside info, I just know Moran may be looking to get out of state. Illinois has atleast 1 other RB commit. Not sure if they want two more. Illinois doesnt want Brodner to leave the state so lets see how bad they want him.

Reactions: 007
Gun to head. Moran.

But I would take both. We are not as stacked at rb as we could be also brodner can play safety.

Yeah, I agree about the RBs. Really like Fredricks, and I think Strickland might be even more of a playmaker than Fredricks. Just going from the tapes, I would prefer Brodner over Moran if it comes to that. This kid is 210, ran a 4.47 at 2 different camps, and has almost a 40in vertical. He sure doesn't "look" the part physically, but those are impressive measurables to going along with the POY productivity.

Yeah, I agree about the RBs. Really like Fredricks, and I think Strickland might be even more of a playmaker than Fredricks. Just going from the tapes, I would prefer Brodner over Moran if it comes to that. This kid is 210, ran a 4.47 at 2 different camps, and has almost a 40in vertical. He sure doesn't "look" the part physically, but those are impressive measurables to going along with the POY productivity.

Stricklands long term success will not be at rb

Yea if Strickland isn't the perfect slot receiver I don't know who is.

Stricklands long term success will not be at rb

yeah, maybe so. i have a feeling that strickland in babers offense (no matter where he plays) is going to leave people wondering why he didn't play more last year. i'm really looking forward to the new staff's evaluation of what we have here.