Class of 2020 - RB Sean Tucker (MD) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/13/19) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Sean Tucker (MD) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (4/13/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the time to watch both videos CuseLegacy posted. I was at a middle school musical yesterday when I saw the news. Before it started I was only able to watch the first one. I thought he looked ok, but wasn’t all that impressed. THEN, I noticed I was watching his sophomore tape. The show started before I could watch the next video.

Wow! What a difference a year makes. Talk all you want about his speed, but I was impressed with the difference in his cutting and strength. He changed direction very crisply. He also started carrying piles of defenders and made goal line scores look easy.

Very excited to have Mr. Sean Tucker. Welcome!

Jr highlights are impressive. Doesn't look to me like very polished rb, he's getting by on raw athleticism. Scheme is also nearly all outside/power/counter. Very dynamic athlete who has some very evident attributes, power, balance. Acceleration looks off the chart to me. This could be an out of the park homerun.

Welcome to Syracuse University Football young Mr. Tucker. Now have a great senior season, come December 2019 sign your Syracuse NLI and then arrive ready to help this program consistently go to the next level. Go Orange!!!!!!!!11

Take the time to watch both videos CuseLegacy posted. I was at a middle school musical yesterday when I saw the news. Before it started I was only able to watch the first one. I thought he looked ok, but wasn’t all that impressed. THEN, I noticed I was watching his sophomore tape. The show started before I could watch the next video.

Wow! What a difference a year makes. Talk all you want about his speed, but I was impressed with the difference in his cutting and strength. He changed direction very crisply. He also started carrying piles of defenders and made goal line scores look easy.

Very excited to have Mr. Sean Tucker. Welcome!
Yes, I will talk about his speed. 4.28 in the 40. wow and Boom. This team is built on speed. How many players on the team is 4.5 or less? Maybe another thread on that question? sorry

Yes, I will talk about his speed. 4.28 in the 40. wow and Boom. This team is built on speed. How many players on the team is 4.5 or less? Maybe another thread on that question? sorry
You can always start a thread about speed...as long as it is "running" speed. ;)

I never get much out of these videos. But you would have to be blind to not see this kid has elite speed. What surprised me is his strength given his listed size.

Jr highlights are impressive. Doesn't look to me like very polished rb, he's getting by on raw athleticism. Scheme is also nearly all outside/power/counter. Very dynamic athlete who has some very evident attributes, power, balance. Acceleration looks off the chart to me. This could be an out of the park homerun.
With his speed this is probably an inside the park home run! :)

I believe there was an article recently on just that subject. I'm not sure how many run a sub 4.5, but I believe the article stated that when Dino arrived in 2016, only 4 players on the roster ran a sub 4.6. As of right now, there are 17 running below 4.6.
It is absolutely insane to me how quickly Dino has improved this roster. Our team still lags behind the top of the ACC in depth, but we now field a team with legit ACC speed.
I'm not sure people realize how special Dino is, and how fortunate we were to get him.

Speed is great and the kid has an impressive amount. But if he’s running straight into the line or the arms of a defender, it’s useless.

Look, I’m not trying to take away from the kid, actually I want to celebrate that he’s got everything you might look for in a RB (change of direction, effort, strength, and speed).

Speed is great and the kid has an impressive amount. But if he’s running straight into the line or the arms of a defender, it’s useless.
tenor.gif

To clarify, the NFL combine uses a human start, imperfect and not repeatable, to initiate the recording of the time, thus subtracting a reaction time of the starter from the running performance. When athletes get hand timed (using a stop watch) for both start and finish from a high school or middle school coach, they are benefiting from two moments that are about a tenth of a second off, resulting in about .24 being subtracted to their actual performance. You can see why a high school athlete looking to get recruited from a college experiences a rude awakening when the local performance facility uses electronic timing for both start and finish, with times appearing much slower. It’s likely the athlete had the same running performance, but they were simply timed differently. So many times football players think they are at the level Chris Johnson is, but wind up closer to Tom Brady speed.

How fast can Usain Bolt run the 40 yard dash? - Freelap USA

To clarify, the NFL combine uses a human start, imperfect and not repeatable, to initiate the recording of the time, thus subtracting a reaction time of the starter from the running performance. When athletes get hand timed (using a stop watch) for both start and finish from a high school or middle school coach, they are benefiting from two moments that are about a tenth of a second off, resulting in about .24 being subtracted to their actual performance. You can see why a high school athlete looking to get recruited from a college experiences a rude awakening when the local performance facility uses electronic timing for both start and finish, with times appearing much slower. It’s likely the athlete had the same running performance, but they were simply timed differently. So many times football players think they are at the level Chris Johnson is, but wind up closer to Tom Brady speed.

How fast can Usain Bolt run the 40 yard dash? - Freelap USA
Tom Brady has wheels like my Grandmama.

I get in the habit of watching other players as well as refs and other sideline players to see if highlights are sped up as some will do... and it's not the case here. This kid, and yeah he's still a kid, simply has freakish turnover and is about 1.5 steps to everyone else's 1.

Glad his coaches aren't pushing him away from track to football only as some do, would be a waste of God given talent and wholly unfair to the rest of the track team to lose a 15 point swing (20 if he does 4 events) each meet.

Look, I’m not trying to take away from the kid, actually I want to celebrate that he’s got everything you might look for in a RB (change of direction, effort, strength, and speed).

Yes but even then he is still a high school kid. That kind of speed can't be taught. Other things can be. That's why they run the 40 at combine. It shows off you're natural athletism. It doesn't always transfer over but kid should definitely be rated really high considering his speed.

Yes but even then he is still a high school kid. That kind of speed can't be taught. Other things can be. That's why they run the 40 at combine. It shows off you're natural athletism. It doesn't always transfer over but kid should definitely be rated really high considering his speed.
Speed does not equal “natural athleticism”. You can be athletic without being fast. And fast without being very athletic. I’m not saying that this kid isn’t fast or isn’t naturally athletic. What I’m saying is straight line speed is overrated on a RB. It’s great if you have it in the open field, but you have to get to that open field first and foremost.

Take a look at the draft this weekend. Josh Jacobs didn’t have a time on NFL.com but the next two players are 4.49. Then three players and 4.6+. Followed by someone with 4.52. Each one of these players is slower than Sean’s supposed time and they were drafted in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Again, speed is a great attribute to have at any position in football, but it’s more about what you do with it, than JUST having it. My initial evaluation said, that I was impressed with everything else Sean offered above and beyond his speed. Not detracting from it, but saying how good a RB he is, not how good a track star he can be.

Speed kills on the field. It is a game changer. It is almost impossible to significantly increase your speed. Strength is much easier.

Speed does not equal “natural athleticism”. You can be athletic without being fast. And fast without being very athletic. I’m not saying that this kid isn’t fast or isn’t naturally athletic. What I’m saying is straight line speed is overrated on a RB. It’s great if you have it in the open field, but you have to get to that open field first and foremost.

Take a look at the draft this weekend. Josh Jacobs didn’t have a time on NFL.com but the next two players are 4.49. Then three players and 4.6+. Followed by someone with 4.52. Each one of these players is slower than Sean’s supposed time and they were drafted in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Again, speed is a great attribute to have at any position in football, but it’s more about what you do with it, than JUST having it. My initial evaluation said, that I was impressed with everything else Sean offered above and beyond his speed. Not detracting from it, but saying how good a RB he is, not how good a track star he can be.
This kid is a track star that makes tremendous cuts, has great vision already that only gets better with experience and shows that he knows how to utilize blockers out in front. I'm impressed with his tape.

Okay...

Maybe time to go back to the Syracuse.com boards.

Vision, and agility are far more important for a running back than straight ahead speed. If you have all 3, you're an elite talent.

Okay...

Maybe time to go back to the Syracuse.com boards.

Well... except he's right. Speed is way overrated in a RB. Very few plays in a game does a RB have the ability to run full gas straight ahead. Nobody said he wasn't a good player or a good pickup. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

Well... except he's right. Speed is way overrated in a RB. Very few plays in a game does a RB have the ability to run full gas straight ahead. Nobody said he wasn't a good player or a good pickup. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

Don't confuse fact with opinion, which is the only thing you just offered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors