Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

What exactly was I comparing other than noting that one was the #1RB in NY and one is the #1RB in NY?

What I am doing is highlighting how kids view SU as a program is relevant, whether you think so or not, especially in state recruits. If I were a recruit, I would be thinking, "well there was this other #1 RB in NYS and he decided to transfer under the new staff, why shouldn't I look around? and will the same happen to me?"

Especially a kid that was the leading rusher the previous year. Raises lots of questions for a recruit, very extremely relevant.

You talking about Fredericks? He transferred to UMASS, I don't think Scott will bother thinking much about that.

What exactly was I comparing other than noting that one was the #1RB in NY and one is the #1RB in NY?

What I am doing is highlighting how kids view SU as a program is relevant, whether you think so or not, especially in state recruits. If I were a recruit, I would be thinking, "well there was this other #1 RB in NYS and he decided to transfer under the new staff, why shouldn't I look around? and will the same happen to me?"

Especially a kid that was the leading rusher the previous year. Raises lots of questions for a recruit, very extremely relevant.
Maybe I took your "...hmmmmm." wrong. I never implied that how kids view the program is irrelevant. Being the #1 RB in NY, or #1 at any position in any state in any sport, doesn't make you equal to previous or future players with that ranking. Fredericks was a 2 star recruit who chose us over Stony Brook & Temple. Scott has & will have many P5 offers. Fredericks was offered/signed by the former staff, I'm not sure that Dino & Co. would have been interested. Scott fits this system & it's been stated that he's the #2 RB on our staff's board. No doubt he should & will look around & take his time but I'm not sure how much, if at all, JF will factor into his decision. They're 2 different players & 2 very different situations.

Apparently his idol's Leveon Bell and he's scheduling to visit MSU in the near future.

6'1, 220, easily sub 4.5.

No brainer numbers that I value more than that evaluation.

If he further improves his speed/explosiveness, this kids dynamite. I don't care about the competition in his section, anyone who's watched him live knows this kids going to be a big deal.

Can't make him commit to Cuse. He has an offer.
We could make him commit, with the right tools.
download.jpg

Apparently his idol's Leveon Bell and he's scheduling to visit MSU in the near future.
Michigan State? Isn't that program in free fall right now? Suspended coaches, giant rape scandal, disastrous season last year?

Regardless, their offense is awful, and their OC, a former Syracuse QB, is close to getting fired.

Why go to a place where at best, you will be running a 1980s awful offense and struggle to get 300 yards and 20 points a game when you can play for one of the best offensive minds in college football? Why play in a mediocre league in crappy weather every week when you can play in a much better league with far better conditions?

Where do you think you have a better chance to get a lot of touches, runs up some great statistics and make the NFL?

I don't get it.

What to watch during the Michigan State football spring game

Michigan State play-caller Dave Warner faces scrutiny for weak offense

Michigan State? Isn't that program in free fall right now? Suspended coaches, giant rape scandal, disastrous season last year?

Regardless, their offense is awful, and their OC, a former Syracuse QB, is close to getting fired.

Why go to a place where at best, you will be running a 1980s awful offense and struggle to get 300 yards and 20 points a game when you can play for one of the best offensive minds in college football? Why play in a mediocre league in crappy weather every week when you can play in a much better league with far better conditions?

Where do you think you have a better chance to get a lot of touches, runs up some great statistics and make the NFL?

I don't get it.

What to watch during the Michigan State football spring game

Michigan State play-caller Dave Warner faces scrutiny for weak offense

Agreed

:vomit:

Last edited:
Because someone he knows is going to Duke?

I took more from the conversation that followed that tweet from his friend.

Makes me believe he's gonna hold off on his recruitment through the summer and so on in the hopes of getting whatever his dream school offer is. Judging by how he clearly idolizes Fournette, I'm guessing that desired offer may be LSU.

I took more from the conversation that followed that tweet from his friend.

Makes me believe he's gonna hold off on his recruitment through the summer and so on in the hopes of getting whatever his dream school offer is. Judging by how he clearly idolizes Fournette, I'm guessing that desired offer may be LSU.

Should probably read Fournette's comments about Syracuse's RB tradition. It's got way more history than LSU.

its called a recruiting battle. hopefully he gets the offers. want high recruit rankings then need to win these battles.

I'm all for recruitment battles and winning high quality talent over high quality programs. Robert Washington was the best of times and then the worst of times. Just think it'd be nice though to secure an in-state talent at a skill position of huge need to get the class going though. He also seems like a kid who'd be very vocal in trying to bring in talent with him. All that being said though, I love what CuseLegacy just posted, reaffirming that he's a priority in early 2018 recruiting for us.

Have also read that the relationship between 2018 RB Henry Geil and MSU is getting stronger and stronger.

Think it'd be a huge step for our program landing an instate talent over pier programs and big dogs. Probably create a bit of an echo effect for 2019/2020 NY kids to see/hear.

I'm going to wager a large bet he doesn't get offered by Duke.

I'm going to wager a large bet he doesn't get offered by Duke.

I've heard from three different people that there are some academic risks here, which is why I throwing this out there. Will be interesting to watch this summer.

I've heard from three different people that there are some academic risks here, which is why I throwing this out there. Will be interesting to watch this summer.

I know numerous posters throw out doubts regarding academics as soon as an Army offer or the likes of which is made. Do schools like Duke and Army only offer you if the academics are in line/reasonable? Honestly been wondering this for a couple years now.