Class of 2020 - RB Will Nixon (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/24/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Will Nixon (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/24/24)

Every great SU team could run the ball. We are as loaded on offense as anything I have seen since P days.

Love the real life potential, but with EA college football coming out that just makes season even more exciting IMO.

2 years of eligibility?

boom smile GIF

2 years of eligibility?
That’s what I read… huge depth piece/potential major contributor for next two years. With a baller year who know LQA might be league bound, so having Nixon for this and next year is huge, with Willis also

If we're winning and you're still pissed you'd be wrong.
Then I'll be wrong.

I will die on the hill that as the only major college program that plays in a Dome we should have prolific passing offenses every year, and it's an embarrassment mismanagement of our resources that we consistently fail to have that.

Then I'll be wrong.

I will die on the hill that as the only major college program that plays in a Dome we should have prolific passing offenses every year, and it's an embarrassment mismanagement of our resources that we consistently fail to have that.
You didn’t think by contributing to NIL that you could call the plays did you?

You didn’t think by contributing to NIL that you could call the plays did you?
People aren't thinking things through enough.

Fran has said he loves running the ball. Ok.

But we also supposedly had people pony up a whole lot of $$$ to get McCord.

Are those people putting up that kind of coin to limit McCord to handoffs? And did McCord agree to come here to handoff the ball?

Are those people putting up that kind of coin to limit McCord to handoffs? And did McCord agree to come here to handoff the ball?
I mean, I get what you're saying. And I think McCord is going to throw the ball 20 times a game.

But if you thought HCFB (given his background) was going to run an air raid offense, you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

With no film on us too!!?? Opposing defenses won’t know what to do! This entire season will be our own 2019 Maryland game!

In truth, it’s pretty obvious that Coach Fran and crew are trying to create the highest level of balance we can so we can pivot based on conditions, health, defense, or just plain what is working.

I mean, I get what you're saying. And I think McCord is going to throw the ball 20 times a game.

But if you thought HCFB (given his background) was going to run an air raid offense, you were setting yourself up for disappointment.
I really hope it's a lot more than 20 times a game.

I was fully prepared for Fran to be pretty meatheaded, but he's a meathead that can croot his meat off, if that makes sense.

In 2023, Ohio State ran the ball 431 times and threw the ball 400 times. Of course, they were usually ahead in games, so those figures may skew slightly toward the run. I would expect FB to be similar. Something close to 50/50. The question is not will we throw the ball. We will. The question is how far will we throw the ball and with what distribution.

I really think it is worth noting that all three of our running backs (Allen, Willis, and Nixon) are pretty comfortable catching the ball. I feel like we haven't traditionally had a stable of backs who are steady pass catchers.

I am predicting a split of Allen-40% Nixon-30% Willis-30%

Then I'll be wrong.

That's nice but Fran wants to be the last man standing at the end of the year.
I believe he will throw a lot when he needs to, but control the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball.
You will win most games, that's why he said we will run the ball and stop the run.
You might not see an air raid but the ball will be in the air a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom