Class of 2020 - RB Will Nixon (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/24/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 RB Will Nixon (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/24/24)

If teams can run the ball on 3rd and shorts then they can dictate the play. We moved the ball under Dino for good stretches but we couldn't figure out 3rd and 1. We shouldn't have to run QB sneaks in hopes the QB can find a spot to steal a FD.

If you run 70 plays a game you are not going to throw 50. So to think we won't try to run 40 and pass 30 that leaves a ton of run plays for Rbs when the QB isnt going to take 20 of those.

I hope we run 50 times a game and can move the ball because would probably lead to 75+ plays a game and plenty of chances for McCord to throw the ball.

Get ahead and pound the rock.

OSU struggled to get over 70 plays a game last year and rarely threw 30+.

If teams can run the ball on 3rd and shorts then they can dictate the play. We moved the ball under Dino for good stretches but we couldn't figure out 3rd and 1. We shouldn't have to run QB sneaks in hopes the QB can find a spot to steal a FD.

If you run 70 plays a game you are not going to throw 50. So to think we won't try to run 40 and pass 30 that leaves a ton of run plays for Rbs when the QB isnt going to take 20 of those.

I hope we run 50 times a game and can move the ball because would probably lead to 75+ plays a game and plenty of chances for McCord to throw the ball.

I think this is well said. I’ll add that I held my breath every time we had to play a team, like BC, that had a big line and liked to run. We just seemed undersized against such teams - but I think that’s not unusual for many college teams. Great that we are on the other side of that formula now that HCFB brought in some new big players - and we had *some* big guys already.

Yup this day and age it’s incredibly hard to have a solid backup qb on your roster
Which is why it's not the worst thing in the world to run the ball a lot. Fran and Nixon can see what we see. I'm guessing they will do what it takes to protect McCord.

I have 0 worries about moving ball on 3rd and short with Willis back there. 0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom