Class of 2018 - RB/WR James Cherry (PA) Decommitted from Robert Morris/Committed to Syracuse (PWO) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB/WR James Cherry (PA) Decommitted from Robert Morris/Committed to Syracuse (PWO)

That's a pretty big gap. Nobody's going to really care when he's that short but turn a 6'0.5" player into 6'3" and people look at them differently.
Isn’t Nykeim Johnson vertically challenged as well?
Personally i like little irritating slot receivers of the Patriots mold, they can kill you with quickness!!

Isn’t Nykeim Johnson vertically challenged as well?
Personally i like little irritating slot receivers of the Patriots mold, they can kill you with quickness!!
According to SU he’s 5’8”. I agree about the little slot receivers. I’m not big, but I had to cover a short little guy in HS and it was the worst assignment. He wasn’t even fast he was just quick. And he was difficult to keep in your peripheral vision because his head is at a different level to the rest of the action.

Hopefully he contributes on special teams.

Hopefully he contributes on special teams.

You just sparked an idea in my head. I love those quick fast guys on the edge to block FG's and XP's, maybe that is something a player like this or the like can excel at? It takes quickness off the ball and a heck of a lot of diving (beats up the body hitting the ground like that) but to have a guy that could specialize in that would be fantastic and just a block or 2 each year would help quite a bit.

You just sparked an idea in my head. I love those quick fast guys on the edge to block FG's and XP's, maybe that is something a player like this or the like can excel at? It takes quickness off the ball and a heck of a lot of diving (beats up the body hitting the ground like that) but to have a guy that could specialize in that would be fantastic and just a block or 2 each year would help quite a bit.
Great idea. I was thinking more PR/KR

He’d be near impossible to block with such a low center of gravity. Definitely worth a shot.

On the subject of walk-ons, I noticed that TE Donny Sanders is no longer listed.

On the subject of walk-ons, I noticed that TE Donny Sanders is no longer listed.

You're sloppy. ;)

You should have noticed that Emerson Womble and Joe Pasquale were also gone. And you already knew about Jeff Chan.

You're sloppy. ;)

You should have noticed that Emerson Womble and Joe Pasquale were also gone. And you already knew about Jeff Chan.

The Wombler and Joe Pesci, Gone! Egad. Things'll never be the same.
What's next, Otto the Orange put on paid administrative leave?

That's a pretty big gap. Nobody's going to really care when he's that short but turn a 6'0.5" player into 6'3" and people look at them differently.

And just how is that done?

Someone in the know should know this, are we getting better pwo players than we used to? From an outsider's perspective, it seems that way.

And just how is that done?
I’m not talking physically changing them. I mean the perception by fans when one site says 6’0.5” and another says 6’3”. If the fans see someone listed at just over 6’ tall versus a 6’3” player their expectations change.