RE: Court Storming... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RE: Court Storming...

A very nice Duke fan (yes, it's possible) stood next to me watching the hysterics on the floor and in the bleachers, smiling. He said, "This is kind of fun." I said, "You know we have a chance to go to the tournament now and without beating you, we had no chance." He said, "I know." Then he grabbed my hand and shook it, saying, "Congratulations. It was a great game."

True story.

That game and the court storming took 5 years off my life. Alas, as another poster claimed, this season has added 11 years to my life, but at least now I'm down to +6.

Exactly when did court storming become something that has a protocol that must be adhered to or run the risk of ridicule on national tv, or on opponents message boards? (e.g. The Bonehead) How absolutely ridiculous!! Court stormings are more a product of young student's hormones running wild instead of a well thought out process that has established criteria. The reason they don't have these potential events at schools like UConn, for example, one of our biggest critics, is that unlike the Dome, their high school gym has little or no energy. Attempting to watch an AAC game on television, with the stands less than half full, lousy teams, and absolutely no excitement is a chore in itself. The dome, with it's huge crowds, unbelievable atmosphere, and exciting games, works these kids into a frenzy. When we win unexpectedly, they go nuts. Very simple!! Why do they have to follow a script with a list of rules as to when it's acceptable? ONE RULE: IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!!!

:)