Re-watched 2017 Clemson upset.. noticed a few things | Syracusefan.com

Re-watched 2017 Clemson upset.. noticed a few things

SuRaider307

2nd String
I will go on record right now and claim Sean Lewis going to Kent State is a huge loss. The 2017 upset of #2 Clemson might be the greatest play calling game in our history from an OC perspective. The timing of the calls and play designs were elite the whole night. We miss this guy so much and I feel comfortably saying our O has looked different since his exit and just doesn't seem to flow as well. Even last year I could tell the difference... Wish he was still here

Couldn't agree more. He was a big loss.

I will go on record right now and claim Sean Lewis going to Kent State is a huge loss. The 2017 upset of #2 Clemson might be the greatest play calling game in our history from an OC perspective. The timing of the calls and play designs were elite the whole night. We miss this guy so much and I feel comfortably saying our O has looked different since his exit and just doesn't seem to flow as well. Even last year I could tell the difference... Wish he was still here
bright side is that he is getting head coaching experience and by the time babers hangs them up or leaves, he might be ready to step in as our guy. and by then we'll know if he turned kent state around

wonder if he had anything to do with that field hockey hullaballoo

The shifts we used on offense really confused the Clemson secondary and helped set up passing plays downfield. Hope we see a similar wrinkle this weekend

Sean was a good recruiter, connected well with the players and was obviously a rising star as Dino tagged him for 2 very important roles. Hes getting head coaching experience at Kent State and looks to be on a good path.

Captain Obvious here, but if we have any chance tomorrow, we absolutely have to get out to a fast start the way we did in 2017. If it's 14-0 Clemson with 9 minutes left in the first quarter... game over.
100% agree. We have started HORRIBLY each game. You have to score first or answer immediately. Needs to be within a TD at end of first.

Captain Obvious here, but if we have any chance tomorrow, we absolutely have to get out to a fast start the way we did in 2017. If it's 14-0 Clemson with 9 minutes left in the first quarter... game over.
Dabo is going to take a shot deep early. Set the tone for his kids that this ain't 2017.

We need to be up after the 1st. Preferably by 10. Might be a lot to ask, but a lead with the crowd will do us a lot of good.

More Captain Obviousness... for the love of God, no stupid turnovers. It's going to be hard enough to move the ball down the field and get stops as it is, but if we're fumbling punt returns and throwing mindless interceptions, we have no chance. I think we have to be about +2 in turnovers to have a solid chance.

To have any chance to win 1st possession can't be 3 and out or a turnover. Need at least 10 points on 1st 2 possessions. At least hold them to a field goal in 1st 2 possessions.

To have any chance to win 1st possession can't be 3 and out or a turnover. Need at least 10 points on 1st 2 possessions. At least hold them to a field goal in 1st 2 possessions.

I want 10 points on the first possession!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom