Read this quote and tell me it doesn't sound like our coaches... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Read this quote and tell me it doesn't sound like our coaches...

was doug dating o'briens wife first? sounds like an episode from seifeld where jerry asked the roomate for a threesome and she agreed along with the roomate

Marrone & O'Brien's wives went to Boston College together. Marrone introduced O'Brien to O'Brien's eventual wife when she came down to Atlanta to visit Marrone's wife. They were in Atlanta at the time because George O'Leary had given both of the coaches their first big break by hiring them to Georgia Tech. O'Leary was also the one that recruited Marrone to Syracuse.

IF that is our coaches then we got bigger issues right under our nose. Like people running our program who don't know how to play "the game" so to speak

Here is PRAYING that our coaches didn't say that

You do realize that O'Brien is one of Marrone's best friends, right?

As bad as this may sound...I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope our coaches don't take the high moral ground on this one.

I want them to get into the trenches and muscle us out a few good players.

Screw that. I hope we do take the high ground.

What are they going to get 1-2 kids? BFD, why get so worked up about it? as if it is a game changer. Do you really believe that Marrone is going to poach 7-8 kids or something or start cold calling kids over there? Sure, he may reach out to a few that he may have relationships with or coaches but this is bit ridiculous

What if that player was their starting field goal kicker? I wouldn't mind shoring up our kicking game...

What if that player was their starting field goal kicker? I wouldn't mind shoring up our kicking game...

FG kicking is the least of my worries.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Joe Schad
One coach: "If you're not on the phone today with Penn State players, parents and high school coaches, what are you thinking about? Golf?"

I really hope this isn't our coaches since I think we need to take advantage of the situation. Really hope we go after Khairi Fortt, the kid from CT that was top 50 a few years ago.

"We're not going do it like some people," he said. "We'll just keep monitoring the internet, seeing kids who say they want leave and then we'll reach out to their high school coaches to see if they'd be interested in us. We have some room [under the 85-man scholarship limit], but we think there can't be that many schools that have more than one or two spots open right now."

LINK

I thought they don't count against the limit.

I'd really be interested to know how Doug being close buddies with O'brien helps or kills our chances for some transfers.

According to Desmond Connor, Khairi's been contacted by ~35 schools. Knowing how the original recruitment played out, a school's really going to have to sell itself well. Wouldn't be shocked if Georgia is involved, they were very close to landing him out of high school and he has family down there.

Edit: UConn, Tennessee, Georgia, and Auburn are all involved.

@BFeldmanCBS: Heard from a coach this AM who said his school got contacted by 5 penn state commits yesterday.

cross your fingers!

If kids are going to leave I'm sure O'Brien would rather see them land at SU than in the B10.
that would be ideal.

'listen, i dont want you to leave either, but i can make this easy for you...go to Syracuse. they could use a _____'

According to Desmond Connor, Khairi's been contacted by ~35 schools. Knowing how the original recruitment played out, a school's really going to have to sell itself well. Wouldn't be shocked if Georgia is involved, they were very close to landing him out of high school and he has family down there.

Edit: UConn, Tennessee, Georgia, and Auburn are all involved.
BlackKnight- if you remember he had a terrible visit to Georgia. Completely turned him off and the day he came back from the trip he secured his commitment to Penn St. He made it public shortly thereafter.
I'd be very surprised if he ends up at Georgia but who knows maybe his family down there is wooing him.

BlackKnight- if you remember he had a terrible visit to Georgia. Completely turned him off and the day he came back from the trip he secured his commitment to Penn St. He made it public shortly thereafter.
I'd be very surprised if he ends up at Georgia but who knows maybe his family down there is wooing him.

What could make a visit terrible? (Serious question)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What could make a visit terrible? (Serious question)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
In this case the Georgia players were unwelcoming and treated Khairi like an outsider. They made it clear that there was a distinction between the North and South and Khairi just didn't fit in. He couldn't wait to get home.
You would think all visits are great but Syracuse has lost players due to poor visits as well. It happens.

Surprise butt-sex? (totally serious answer). It would ruin my weekend.

Are you giving or receiving? I this homosexual butt-sex or hetero-sexual butt-sex. So many questions so little time?

Are you giving or receiving? I this homosexual butt-sex or hetero-sexual butt-sex. So many questions so little time?

"Surprise" usually connotes an unwanted receivership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom