Reading some of these threads from last night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Reading some of these threads from last night

Wouldn’t surprise if he has a concussion at all. You think we would know??? Didn’t equate it to the ankle but the fact he’s shut down right now.

The speculation is what we do here. Dungeys injury history w the school is spotty at best. We can’t tlak about it now? Not a doctor but the kid is beat up. Who knows what’s up. School isn’t gonna tell us
No, No, a thousand times no it is not a concussion. Please stop posting that as it is completely untrue. Look at the boot on his foot the brace on his leg. There is your answer if you will just acknowledge what is evident to everyone else.

Wouldn’t surprise if he has a concussion at all. You think we would know??? Didn’t equate it to the ankle but the fact he’s shut down right now.

The speculation is what we do here. Dungeys injury history w the school is spotty at best. We can’t tlak about it now? Not a doctor but the kid is beat up. Who knows what’s up. School isn’t gonna tell us
I'd know. And, he doesn't.

Dungy has a foot injury. Saw trainer unwrap the tape as soon as the game started . Dungy walked away gingerly. I am 99.9 per cent that this is no concussion. One of the staff at the Dome told Dcuse before the game that Dungy was not starting due to foot. Minutes after we saw Eric put on his shoulder pads in End Zone and got excited.(players put pads and jerseys in back of end zone for beginning of pre game workout)

Last edited:
Babers is the guy. He gets a little over aggressive at times going for it on 4th but I'll take that anyway over the alternative.

My biggest critique of this staff is that we are in year two with Mahoney still as the primary backup. He has proven he can put up some decent stats in this system (many QB's can) but he doesn't win games. When you have a QB like Dungey who is physical, aggressive and as a consequence misses games due to injury every single year, you have to have a secondary option that can win you games. Mahoney isn't it. And for whatever reason that it's still the case, it's a gap that is undeniable.

I'll be happy next year when we're looking at Dungey/Devito. First time in a long time where I feel like we'll have 2 guys that can win games.

Of course Babers is the guy -- lucky to have him.

Disappointed and frustrated for our seniors. But college football is about recruiting. Clawson has done a great job, rebuilding Wake. He is a couple of years ahead of Babers in his process.

Sorry but i am not gonna buy the argument that wake is 2 years ahead in recruiting after ZM lit them up. Mot buying it. They dont have better talent than us. We were out coached last night. The second half adjustments wake made on both sides of the ball were glaring.

I think speculation about concussions is not good. It adds nothing to the discussion. Doctors there at the time can have a hard time diagnosising it and the severity is a whole different thing.

Sorry but i am not gonna buy the argument that wake is 2 years ahead in recruiting after ZM lit them up. Mot buying it. They dont have better talent than us. We were out coached last night. The second half adjustments wake made on both sides of the ball were glaring.

What? Of course they do (not like FSU or Clemson) - and they have guys who are older at key positions... our OL is really young. Just wait until next season and the season after that. The young kids will be men, throwing younger guys around. We saw the same with NC State.

They also are farther along under the same staff.

He put up 3 in the second half and got a gift touchdown in the 1st. Their TE, QB, and RB are all far better than ours. As was their line.

Not sure why I feel the need to answer.

What? Of course they do (not like FSU or Clemson) - and they have guys who are older at key positions... our OL is really young. Just wait until next season and the season after that. The young kids will be men, throwing younger guys around. We saw the same with NC State.

They also are farther along under the same staff.

Agree, i love our young oline. They have competed well against some very talented Dlines this year. Teams like Clemson and even LSU. the difference last night was their veteran qb and cosching adjustments. They didn't have more defensive talent than us last night. Not even close. They had better safeties as most teams do. That's it.

It’s totally different. We never would have beat Clemson or VPI under the previous regime and the recruiting is night and day better. I’m not sure why people don’t understand that. Do fans not want to give Babers a chance with his recruits?
I think it's the casual fans that don't understand that a rebuild almost always takes 3-5 years. I think they think it's like rebuilding an NFL team.

I think it's the casual fans that don't understand that a rebuild almost always takes 3-5 years. I think they think it's like rebuilding an NFL team.

I think a lot of people don’t realize how much bigger the talent differential can be between teams in college compared to the NFL.

I think a lot of people don’t realize how much bigger the talent differential can be between teams in college compared to the NFL.
Right. The worst team in college has just about ZERO chance of beating the best team. Not so in the NFL. The talent level between NFL teams is not nearly as glaring between the worst and the best. In the NFL, you can also rebuild in 1 year with a good draft, some key aquisitions in free agency, and making nice trades.
I've always used this analogy, to explain why recruiting to Syracuse is so difficult. People complain about not getting the 4 and 5 star guys. I say, "Imagine you're a car salesman (recruiter). You sell Kia's (Syracuse). A customer (recruit) comes to the lot and says he's interested in checking out a new Kia. You show him the vehicle, and tell him of the great gas mileage, and how reliable it is. He then tells you he isn't interested because he can buy a BMW with the same gas mileage, and reliability, but it's also got heated leather interior, full gps/infotainment center, sun roof, 20 inch wheels, an insanely nice stereo, and all the bells and whistles, and it costs exactly the same as the Kia."

If it's costing you nothing to go to school, it's hard to sell a team in the middle of nowhere, that wins 4 games a year, has pathetic attendance, and lesser facilities, when you can go to a school in a better location, with better facilities, and a record of fan support and winning.

How do you sell Kia's when your competitor is selling BMW's for the same price?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom