Reading the board right now... | Syracusefan.com

Reading the board right now...

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Logged in here after watching the game on ESPN3. Couldn't watch live due to other commitments. Here is what I've read so far...

-Dino could be a fraud of a coach.
-Dungey isn't a good quarterback.
-Our backup who transferred from a school for the blind (probably) should be starting over him.
-Done with SU football.

Listen, it was a baaaaad game. OLine has major holes. I feel bad for our C because he's getting beat like he stole something.

If you are writing something as dramatic as "this staff can't coach D1 football", do yourself a favor and realax tonight and log back in on Monday. I suggest a nice glass of scotch - preferably auchentoshan 2000.

Things will get better. WRs won't continue to drop balls all season long.

Logged in here after watching the game on ESPN3. Couldn't watch live due to other commitments. Here is what I've read so far...

-Our backup who transferred from a school for the blind (probably) should be starting over him.
-Done with SU football.

Listen, it was a baaaaad game. OLine has major holes. I feel bad for our C because he's getting beat like he stole something.

If you are writing something as dramatic as "this staff can't coach D1 football", do yourself a favor and realax tonight and log back in on Monday. I suggest a nice glass of scotch - preferably auchentoshan 2000.

i'm not sure what a glass of scotch will do about our team getting ran over by a mid-major, considering what is on the rest of our schedule. but if you want to be the "nothing to see here" guy good for you.

Agreed...the offense is a square trying to fit into a circle and will take a while before it's chiseled into a circle. The funny thing about Dungey...to use a basketball analogy, he seems like a point guard that that shoots too much. Sometimes out of necessity.

Agreed...the offense is a square trying to fit into a circle and will take a while before it's chiseled into a circle. The funny thing about Dungey...to use a basketball analogy, he seems like a point guard that that shoots too much. Sometimes out of necessity.
i'd say he's more like a point guard that dribbles too much, but we can agree to disagree on the analogy

To be fair I think this loss is cause for a meltdown. I don't think many people are saying Dino can't coach, and Dungey is a terrible QB. I think most people thought we were past getting handled by a mid-major. I know I did, and I don't think Dino isn't the guy and Dungey isn't our QB. Losses like this really open your eyes to the punishment we like to inflict on ourselves being Syracuse fans, that's all. If melting down helps, then let's all melt down together. At least I find some humor in a good old fashion melt down. It's much more entertaining than what I just watched for 5 hours.

i'd say he's more like a point guard that dribbles too much, but we can agree to disagree on the analogy

He looked like a PG who was getting blitzed and blitzed from every conceivable angle without much help from his OL or WRs.

i'm not sure what a glass of scotch will do about our team getting ran over by a mid-major, considering what is on the rest of our schedule. but if you want to be the "nothing to see here" guy good for you.

It's not a nothing to see here. If people want to go in to legitimate semantics on what went wrong - I'll gladly debate that all night. Do we need to work some things out - yes, absolutely. But to have people question coaches and a QB thinking they actually don't belong here? With an offensive line like we have right now - we are going to be lucky to win 5 games. But it's not even worth discussing when there are so many people saying one of the best QBs we've had in a long time doesn't deserve to be playing division one football.

Maybe you'd stop posting before reading and fall asleep in a big cozy chair somewhere? He didn't say "nothing to see here" he said it was crappy.

To be fair I think this loss is cause for a meltdown. I don't think many people are saying Dino can't coach, and Dungey is a terrible QB. I think most people thought we were past getting handled by a mid-major. I know I did, and I don't think Dino isn't the guy and Dungey isn't our QB. Losses like this really open your eyes to the punishment we like to inflict on ourselves being Syracuse fans, that's all. If melting down helps, then let's all melt down together. At least I find some humor in a good old fashion melt down. It's much more entertaining than what I just watched for 5 hours.

Real question - was the difference in the game mental/emotional due to Shafer like Babers said? Different mid major, do we find a way?

-Done with SU football.

This wasn't LSU, it was MTSU. It was bad.

Real question - was the difference in the game mental/emotional due to Shafer like Babers said? Different mid major, do we find a way?

drops are mental and a concentration issue so id say the shafer thing affected the players

There were a ton of miscues. Easy drops. Bad reads by Dungey. Most of them by Shafer recruits. I could go with them wanting to make a play so bad they played tight, but the biggest issue was our OL, and that was an issue against CCSU. Babers is going to have to find a way to win with poor OL play because I don't see how that improves? Might want to give the big Freshman Clark a look at OG?

Slight side note- watch the players on offense for Oklahoma.

I know that we all understand the talent difference but watch these players... These are true freshmen making big plays. The speed of these guys in space, the power of the running backs... It's truly insane how big the gap is compared to us.

Captain obvious I know.

Servais was HORRIBLE all day. I seriously paid attention specifically to him. He was facing dungey more than downfield.
Check the tape

Servais was HORRIBLE all day. I seriously paid attention specifically to him. He was facing dungey more than downfield.
Check the tape
Yeah. Was seriously disappointed. Had been hearing good things. Got a feeling that foot injury is much more bothersome than he's willing to admit. Also, McGloster's feet are made of concrete. Way too many getting past him.

For the record I think our WRS are completely capable of dropping passes all year.
Yeah. Saw that. Was very disappointing. Thought Ishmael would do a better job of things. Dungey doesn't seem to have anyone he can depend on like Eta-Tawo, and there's no running game to save his bacon. Couple all that with the fact that he's only got a few seconds to read the D after the snap, and it's gonna be a long season.

It's a whole team issue. Even the DB's look overmatched by MTSU.

Yeah. Saw that. Was very disappointing. Thought Ishmael would do a better job of things. Dungey doesn't seem to have anyone he can depend on like Eta-Tawo, and there's no running game to save his bacon. Couple all that with the fact that he's only got a few seconds to read the D after the snap, and it's gonna be a long season.
Not even hard catches where the WR was moving