Ready for Friday, hope our defense is too | Syracusefan.com

Ready for Friday, hope our defense is too

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I have no doubts we can move the ball. We need to work on scoring, but we move the ball as well as anyone in the nation and you better believe Dino's been saving some plays for Clemson (even though it drives me nuts we haven't fully opened the playbook imo).

I think theres one unit on our team that could give us a chance in this game and that's our linebackers. Clemson will have, potentially, fresh meat at QB. If Bennet/Thomas/Valdez/Franklin etc. can play their aces off for the full game and be the vets we know they are... who the hell knows what could happen in the dome. They gotta be everywhere. Helping Slayton stop the run. Keep the QB honest with Robinson. Drop into and be disruptive in coverage. This unit has no room for error against what I think is inarguably the best team in the nation.

We aren't the same team we've been since the ACC move.

Another big key that I have no worries about is Dino getting the team pumped up and ready/focused from first kickoff.

I think the emergence of Pierce is big. Clemson will need to account for him now in their planning. Dungey also seems to be getting more comfortable using him. With two outside threats and two interior threats someone should be open. Dungey needs to make good reads. Hopefully this will continue to help the run game out.

The emergence of Pierce was done on purpose to give Clemson something new to worry about. I think you will see the receivers running new routes and in formations that we haven't used yet.

The emergence of Pierce was done on purpose to give Clemson something new to worry about. I think you will see the receivers running new routes and in formations that we haven't used yet.

Good. time for Ishmael to dominate NFL talent, again.

Halloween, Friday the 13th, cats...
Who knows...
eNotes_2016_063.jpg

Good thing some plans/schemes are ever evolving.

No doubt... I think it will be interesting if Bryant doesn't play... will see a lot more of Feaster and Etienne plus down field passing. More like last year as opposed to a qb run first type situation.

Unless he is 100 percent or both backups get hurt I doubt you see Bryant play.

I'm ready for anything. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we win. Wouldn't surprise me if we get boat raced.

I'll settle for a respectable showing and no injuries.

I'm hoping that the crowd is large and loud enough to help. Clemson is a great team and it's an opportunity for Dino's offense to "click" and help SU to compete with the best in our league and perhaps the country. I wish I could be there to do my part...home games can have mystic properties. Teams are dynamic...it's the best thing about college football. We're getting better and the game is at home with the loudest crowd since Clemson was here last. It's as good a time as any to have a new generational heroic game to remember for the ages.

I have no doubts we can move the ball. We need to work on scoring, but we move the ball as well as anyone in the nation and you better believe Dino's been saving some plays for Clemson (even though it drives me nuts we haven't fully opened the playbook imo).

I think theres one unit on our team that could give us a chance in this game and that's our linebackers. Clemson will have, potentially, fresh meat at QB. If Bennet/Thomas/Valdez/Franklin etc. can play their aces off for the full game and be the vets we know they are... who the hell knows what could happen in the dome. They gotta be everywhere. Helping Slayton stop the run. Keep the QB honest with Robinson. Drop into and be disruptive in coverage. This unit has no room for error against what I think is inarguably the best team in the nation.

We aren't the same team we've been since the ACC move.

Another big key that I have no worries about is Dino getting the team pumped up and ready/focused from first kickoff.

Well considering Clemson has never experienced heat and noise like our team will see Friday night (or did that thought leave with your old coach?)...maybe you can move the ball better than you have all year!

While we're at it, maybe Brownell will land xion!

Good. time for Ishmael to dominate NFL talent, again.
I’m banking on one of the mistakes that Dabo will make is assuming his NFL corner can stop Ish without help.

I got ish winning those 50-50 balls at a 75% clip

Well considering Clemson has never experienced heat and noise like our team will see Friday night (or did that thought leave with your old coach?)...maybe you can move the ball better than you have all year!

You guys are lucky to get us this far in the season... usually we’re on QB #2 or #3 and the dome isn’t that hot.

Shouldn’t be too bad on Fri. Don’t expect a great D like yours to go down with mysterious cramping either.

Fhcss is gone thank the lord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom