ready for practise | Syracusefan.com

ready for practise

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
off season is boring, no entertaining sports like college bball, nothing compares, baseball is ok but its too slow. i want to see what cooney and grant can do the most. im curious to see what the coaching staff incorporates from the olympic games too.

I feel you.
I just want to take Syracuse Basketball and crown it 1990's Chicago Bull style.
Its like the goal of life.

47804015.jpg

rakeem-christmas_medium.jpg

We have a number of question marks heading into next season, and how well some of those questions get answered will determine whether we can sustain the momentum from this year and have another elite type of year. Here are some of the things I'm looking forward to seeing:

--Is MCW ready to take the reins, and can he adequately facilitate our half court offensive sets?

--What improvements [if any] can we expect from Rak?

--How much baby fat did DCII shed during the offseason, and will he provide us with a legitimate inside scoring presence?

--How has CJ expanded his game?

--How ready is Southerland to ascend into a more prominent role?

--Is Triche ready / able to take his scoring up a notch, to somewhere around 14-16 ppg?

--How will we shoot it [collectively] as a team [lots of candidates with Triche, Southerland, MCW, Cooney, CJ]?

--How will we rebound [collectively] as a team this year?

--How well will next year's team handle the ball against pressure?

--How good of a job will next year's team do taking care of the ball / avoiding turnovers?

I agree with Marsh--October can't get here soon enough!

Let's Go Orange!!!

mcw: i expect to be the best pg of the last 15 years with his pinpoint passes,excellent court vision and ability to find the open man, totally unselfish, pass 1st player. so many weapons in his arsenal.

triche: i expect him to be the same player his ceiling has been reached.

cj: i d like to see more slashing to the hoop and made ft's, and be a sufficient threat from 3.

james: id like to see a more condifent james , that means in the gym range and a solid rebounder.

dc: hes lost weight, so if hes stamina is on par he will be the best offensive center since dc. hope hes a rebounding machine too who can be good from the line and not be in foul trouble.

cooney: i expect big things from him, hes our wildcard.

NFL is back..so Im good now..I love baseball but the season drags on...key to watching baseball...DVR...watch games on 2x..slow down to real time when scoring threats occur

We have a number of question marks heading into next season, and how well some of those questions get answered will determine whether we can sustain the momentum from this year and have another elite type of year. Here are some of the things I'm looking forward to seeing:

--Is MCW ready to take the reins, and can he adequately facilitate our half court offensive sets?

Yes.

Slightly improved offensive game, significantly improved court awareness as a forward. Not quite a Melo like leap, but he'll be noticeably better.

--How much baby fat did DCII shed during the offseason, and will he provide us with a legitimate inside scoring presence?

Enough, and yes, if our guards elect to give him the ball.

Improved strength and conditioning.

Ready like spaghetti.

--Is Triche ready / able to take his scoring up a notch, to somewhere around 14-16 ppg?

No, but 12 sounds about right.

--How will we shoot it [collectively] as a team [lots of candidates with Triche, Southerland, MCW, Cooney, CJ]?

Well enough to be dangerous.

Fair to middling.

Really well, so long as MCW isn't on the bench.

--How good of a job will next year's team do taking care of the ball / avoiding turnovers?

We've been spoiled here. We'll look like a normal college hoops team.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Let's Go Orange!!!

All good, plus the big one: how will we defend?

Like in the majority of seasons before 2010 (as a rest in between offensive possessions), or like in 2010 and 2012 (like defending with 100% effort for 35 seconds is something to be proud of and the most enjoyable aspect of the game)?