Ready Player One | Syracusefan.com

Ready Player One

orangehomer

All American
anyone read this? really fun for a dystopian novel. Spielberg doing the movie apparently. I watched the trailer but it looks like way too much CGI to me, and doesn't appear to follow the book that closely. great idea though.

Never read the book - thought the trailer looked awful.

anyone read this? really fun for a dystopian novel. Spielberg doing the movie apparently. I watched the trailer but it looks like way too much CGI to me, and doesn't appear to follow the book that closely. great idea though.

Read and loved the book. Already know enough about the movie to crash my expectations for it (i.e. character changes/amalgamation).

It was going to be a difficult story to put on film. I think it’s great that Spielberg is doing the movie for a book hugely influenced by his career. I’ll probably see it unless it’s an obvious bust.

It’s been a year or two from when I first read it so I might’ve already forgotten enough to enjoy it.

Part of the book's appeal was the 80s references. Looks like the movie is more about general pop culture. Not sure how well that change will translate.

Read and loved the book. Already know enough about the movie to crash my expectations for it (i.e. character changes/amalgamation).

It was going to be a difficult story to put on film. I think it’s great that Spielberg is doing the movie for a book hugely influenced by his career. I’ll probably see it unless it’s an obvious bust.

It’s been a year or two from when I first read it so I might’ve already forgotten enough to enjoy it.
I thought Spielberg was a great choice because of the 80's references, and I thought that many of the important scenes from the book could be done without total reliance on CGI. CGI would of course have to be an important component of a movie about this book, generally I just think less is more and I just get bored when there is too much animation, and it looks like they eschewed many of the more interesting themes from the book in favor of crazy video game stuff.

I thought they already made this move with Adam Sandler and Kevin James.

Reactions: gbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom