Realistic Expectations | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Realistic Expectations

Wasn't 2011 more backloaded? Felt like we were thin the last half of the season. 2002 felt like more of the injuries were early, I recall by the VT game when Maurice McLain returned that everyone was back healthy, but the mental damage had been done.

This year, seems like we're peeling off a few each game. On offense we've lost someone for at least a game at every single position. Hopefully the 4 on offense that have missed the past couple weeks will be back Saturday (Estime, Broyld, Foy, Moore).

Or perhaps more importantly, the following week. I think we can eke out a win this weekend against WF even depleted.

Or perhaps more importantly, the following week. I think we can eke out a win this weekend against WF even depleted.

At that point, you have to make sure they're 100%. I wouldn't roll any of them out there at anything less than 100% in Death Valley. The 4 most important games follow that.

At that point, you have to make sure they're 100%. I wouldn't roll any of them out there at anything less than 100% in Death Valley. The 4 most important games follow that.

Good point.

Wake is so much worse than I thought they would be this year.

Losing to them would truly be inexcusable. They might be the worst offense in at least the last five years.

With what we had returning, anything less than 6-6 (and I should say 7-5) would be a complete failure.

With what we had returning, anything less than 6-6 (and I should say 7-5) would be a complete failure.

Then everyone should prepare themselves for failure. But if we can get a bunch of freshman out there on offense making plays and running much faster than anyone else on the team, it's the type of failure we can overcome.

Wake Forest is the only game in which this team will be favored; 4 - 8 at best.

As for the players I just want them to beat Wake and focus on them 100%. As a fan, SU has to win 3 out of 4 have their bye week and win those next two.

NC State can't stop the run they are awful. We can control the clock against them. Wake is horrific, maybe the worst Power 5 team, even worse than KU, Colorado etc. that gets us halfway to a bowl. Pray from there

NC State can't stop the run they are awful. We can control the clock against them. Wake is horrific, maybe the worst Power 5 team, even worse than KU, Colorado etc. that gets us halfway to a bowl. Pray from there

NCST has collapsed since the FSU game.

154 yds, shut out against Clemson, 217 yds, 14 pts against BC. They must have lost some key players over the last couple of weeks.

They have Lville this week, so their confidence could be completely shattered.

They do have a bye week between Lville and SU to get their act together to play us in front of 15K people at noon.

I think we beat Clemson.

Nope, I believe we will beat Clemson.

Wake Forest game is hard to get a read on. On paper this could/should be a repeat of the CMU game assuming Long plays anywhere near as well as he did last Saturday and we actually get some of the dozen plus injured guys back.

On the other hand I have seen this scenario before and somehow at the end of the 1st quarter Syracuse is down 14-3.

The keys to me will be as follow, how healthy is the D and Crume? If the LB an DL are healthy for the most part I think were in great shape. Cant afford to have two healthy players get hurt during the week like we did last week.

Two is Long going to be able to continue the play we saw from him on Saturday or does the fact that he is playing his first road game as a true frosh bring him back down to earth.

Three Can Syracuse avoid the dumb mistakes ie allowing a special teams TD, early pick six or fumble, giving up a trick play TD to Wake. My greatest fear in this game is that SU gives up an early score or two and this game turns into a rockfight and a repeat of the Syracuse/Lville game from Marrones first year.

Four whats the status on the skill players ie Lewis, Broyld Estime, Moore etc. Sounds like Estime and Moore may need more time (from what I heard) but getting Broyld and Lewis back to go with Ish, West, and Avant would be a nice group of WR's.

Nope, I believe we will beat Clemson.

You can't be serious? A true frosh QB in one of the most hostile stadiums in the country, against one of the top defenses in the nation? We lose by 10+

You can't be serious? A true frosh QB in one of the most hostile stadiums in the country, against one of the top defenses in the nation? We lose by 10+

jpg-290x290.

I have no expectations. I have hopes. Long could be Russell Wilson and we run the table. Or he could be Troy Nunes and we wind up 2-10. Or anything in between. I'm hoping Long is Russell Wilson.

(Just like Ashton Broyld is Cam Newton in disguise. :rolleyes:)

NCST has collapsed since the FSU game.

154 yds, shut out against Clemson, 217 yds, 14 pts against BC. They must have lost some key players over the last couple of weeks.

They have Lville this week, so their confidence could be completely shattered.

They do have a bye week between Lville and SU to get their act together to play us in front of 15K people at noon.

It's comforting that our two weakest remaining opponents each get a week off before playing us.

On the flip side, BC has a trip to FSU the week before playing us. And BC is one key injury from their entire offense falling apart. Pitt plays us a week after a trip to UNC, where, under Fedora, they tend to finish much better than they start. Duke plays us one week from a trip to Pitt. Nothing to read into that one except they have to travel north 2 weeks in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom