Realistic seeding and potential opponents? | Syracusefan.com

Realistic seeding and potential opponents?

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Marsh can probably help with this. Haven't done much Dork Lunardi investigating this season. I think we beat DePaul, Georgetown, and lose to LVille. Lets say we win 1 in BET. Are we on the 4/5 line? Who are potential opponenets? Especially interested in the 12s in case we don't do as well as I hope down the stretch.

Give me a 4 seed and let some 1 seed in the S16 **** themselves silly to see Cuse in their region.

Marsh can probably help with this. Haven't done much Dork Lunardi investigating this season. I think we beat DePaul, Georgetown, and lose to LVille. Lets say we win 1 in BET. Are we on the 4/5 line? Who are potential opponenets? Especially interested in the 12s in case we don't do as well as I hope down the stretch.

Here are the teams right now trending on the 12-13 lines

12 line
Temple
Ole Miss
Virginia
Villanova
Kentucky (closer to an 11)

13 line
Akron
La Tech
Bucknell
Stephen F Austin

Any one of the teams on the 12 line could win 2 games in the tournament if they got the right matchups.

2 out of the last 3 and a BET win, and we're a 4 seed.
If we only beat Depaul and get 1 BET win, I'd say we're a 5.
Beat Depaul and lose 1st round BET, maybe a 6.
Lose out, 7.

Thanks Marsh. Good stuff. Yeah, agree about those 12s with the right matchups.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Latest from Lunardi. We're a 4 in San Jose now. Would play UNLV (probably) in round 2, and with Florida as the 1 seed. (In the south).

Interesting that now Florida and Indiana are in Dayton. Might make our best case scenario Lexington, which is where Lville is right now, as a 3. If we can beat them on Sat we might be able to move ahead of them

SU is probably in the 4/5 range right now. We could get up to 3 with wins over Lville and Gtown and a win in the BET. We would have an outside chance at a 2 if we had those wins and also went on a rampage in the BET. A couple more regular season losses and a quick exit in the BET and we'll be a 6. My guess today is we'll be a 5.

SU is probably in the 4/5 range right now. We could get up to 3 with wins over Lville and Gtown and a win in the BET. We would have an outside chance at a 2 if we had those wins and also went on a rampage in the BET. A couple more regular season losses and a quick exit in the BET and we'll be a 6. My guess today is we'll be a 5.

I really think we'll be in the bubble discussion if we lose all of our remaining games.

I really think we'll be in the bubble discussion if we lose all of our remaining games.

If we lose to Depaul I will probably be a little nervous, even though realistically, I'm sure we'd be fine.

I really think we'll be in the bubble discussion if we lose all of our remaining games.[/quote

Losing out would be pretty bad but we would still get in the tournament. Prolly an 8/9 if that happened. I am pretty bearish on this squad but not that bearish. I see us going 3-2 from here through the BET. That will probably get us a five seed. The three major negatives for SU at NCAA seeding time will be 1) poor OOC resume, 2) finishing poorly down the stretch and 3) minimal top 50 RPI wins.

i think we'd have to go 1-3 (or worse) to drop to a 6 or 7 seed, and 3-1 or better to get a 3. very likely we get a 4 or 5. i think we beat lville and depaul, lose to gtown, and go 1-1 in the big east. id say that gets us a 4

i think we'd have to go 1-3 (or worse) to drop to a 6 or 7 seed, and 3-1 or better to get a 3. very likely we get a 4 or 5. i think we beat lville and depaul, lose to gtown, and go 1-1 in the big east. id say that gets us a 4

Yeah now that I realize that we're probably not getting a double bye unless we run the table in the regular season, then I think this is what happens.

We're winning the BET.
:)

Before that, we'll lose to l'vlle and beat depaul and @ g'town.

3 seed.

Booooooooooook it

Problem with the 4 seed (for traveling purposes) is that you often end up with the leftover pods. In most cases it is the western pods, as they have 2 of them, and they never have as many close representatives. At least this year there is Arizona and Gonzaga.

When you are on the 4/5 lines you really have no clue where you may go. A 5 seed is more likely to result in a closer location.

We're winning the BET.

3 seed.

Booooooooooook it

I think if we did that it could be enough for a 2 seed. Of course it all depends on what happens around us.

Lose to Louisville, G'Town, and go quietly in the BET probably looking at a 6 (maybe a 7)

No chance man. Too weak of a field this year.

I think we end up a 3 seed. Nobody is differentiating themselves. We end well and a lot of this rough patch is forgotten.

I think if we did that it could be enough for a 2 seed. Of course it all depends on what happens around us.

Lose to Louisville, G'Town, and go quietly in the BET probably looking at a 6 (maybe a 7)

we'd definitely be in the 2 seed discussion. remember uconn went 9-9 in the big east 2 years ago, won the big east tourny and got a 3 seed. you can get a nice bump in seeding with a big time conference tourny run. same thing happened to us in '09.

I think we end up a 3 seed. Nobody is differentiating themselves. We end well and a lot of this rough patch is forgotten.

If we don't play better, no way we beat a Louisville team looking for payback and a G'town team that will be riding high against us. I will not post on this board until off-season if we lose to DePaul. I would change into a werewolf or something if we were to lose that game. If we win all three, I'd be pleasantly flabbergasted. I think the team's confidence has eroded in this rough patch.

We're winning the BET.

3 seed.

Booooooooooook it

I agree with your call on the last 3. Not so sure we have the horses to win the BET this year but would love to see it.

I agree with your call on the last 3. Not so sure we have the horses to win the BET this year but would love to see it.

Pearl: Our guards have been wearing down late in games; you think they'll fair better in a tournament format, playing games on consecutive days????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom